+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my ipod touch got hacked

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
hey just thought id share my story with the jailbreak community. So today i woke up and my ipod touch 4gen running iOS 5 tethered jailbreak got hacked! The person
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default my ipod touch got hacked
    hey just thought id share my story with the jailbreak community. So today i woke up and my ipod touch 4gen running iOS 5 tethered jailbreak got hacked! The person somehow got my icloud info locked my ipod with passcode and left a message saying "devuelve me mi ipod ladron!!", which translates to english saying "give me back my ipod thief!". first, i bought this ipod at costco, i have a receipt for it! second, i called apple they said to reset my password ,which i did, and then they told me to go under find my idevices and change the passcode lock. i went there and i could not find anyway to remove the passcode lock. so i decided to pwn dfu mode it and i restored. Now i have decided to stay away from this ios 5 tethered jailbreak for now, this jailbreak seems really fragile. and for people with an ipod touch 4gen running ios 5 and jailbroken, be careful on what you download off cydia.

Thanks

Cool story bro.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    Cool story bro.
    If your gonna be a troll, you might as just get the f**k out.

Anyways, yeah just reset all your password for iCloud, iTunes account etc and make sure no one knows about your password. And don't download random stuff off of Cydia as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ARon145 View Post
    hey just thought id share my story with the jailbreak community. So today i woke up and my ipod touch 4gen running iOS 5 tethered jailbreak got hacked! The person somehow got my icloud info locked my ipod with passcode and left a message saying "devuelve me mi ipod ladron!!", which translates to english saying "give me back my ipod thief!". first, i bought this ipod at costco, i have a receipt for it! second, i called apple they said to reset my password ,which i did, and then they told me to go under find my idevices and change the passcode lock. i went there and i could not find anyway to remove the passcode lock. so i decided to pwn dfu mode it and i restored. Now i have decided to stay away from this ios 5 tethered jailbreak for now, this jailbreak seems really fragile. and for people with an ipod touch 4gen running ios 5 and jailbroken, be careful on what you download off cydia.
    You only have 4 posts.

Stay JB and don't just run apple software. I have the 4S and it drives my crazy if I don't have a jailbreak.
    Last edited by s0ulp1xel; 11-07-2011 at 04:28 AM.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    If your gonna be a troll, you might as just get the f**k out.

Anyways, yeah just reset all your password for iCloud, iTunes account etc and make sure no one knows about your password. And don't download random stuff off of Cydia as well.
    If your gonna be rude, you might as well get the f**k out. I was kidding around.
    Anyway, i only said that because "he couldnt find a way to change his passcode" and he called a jailbreak "fragile." jailbreaks aren't fragile, they either work or they don't.

Oh, and the fact that theres no point to this thread, because hes not asking for help OR instigating a non iphone relating conversation. so...yea.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

Cool it guys... This thread is in Chit Chat, so the op can talk about whatever he wants. Even an iPod

Thanks

That's insane bro! Thanks for sharing and yah stay away from random things off of cydia. Make sure it's from a trusted repository.

Thanks
    Openssh is to blame! That's tuff though, hope you get your data back!