+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: in my view: an icon

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by Cer0 Steve Jobs in my view has been a icon. His play in all the companies he had has been outstanding. This thread's for posting your favorite
    Thanks

Default in my view: an icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Steve Jobs in my view has been a icon. His play in all the companies he had has been outstanding.
    This thread's for posting your favorite iconography.

(i start)

(notsure how many imgs I can attach before a post/thread starts to get annoying...)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Steve Jobs has always been an icon to me. He has and will be the greatest CEO I have seen and probably ever will see in my lifetime. His leadership and vision has created some companies that will be remembered for a very long time.

Apple and Pixar pushed markets to do more. Pixar created movies that would change children’s movies forever; and bring adults to love them as well. We all have seen what Apple was, then what it dipped down to, and then watched it rise again from the ashes to become one of the most valuable companies in the world and push several markets to change the way they think.

Yes smart phones existed before, as well as tablet, but Apple helped bring consumers to want those products more. He pushed to have everything Apple made to be consumer friendly. Apple was not the only one to benefit from this companies from many industries have benefited from the products Apple has produced with the help of his visions.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

spazturtle (08-24-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Here's a whole bunch of icons.

Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Steve Jobs has always been an icon to me. He has and will be the greatest CEO I have seen and probably ever will see in my lifetime. His leadership and vision has created some companies that will be remembered for a very long time.

Apple and Pixar pushed markets to do more. Pixar created movies that would change children’s movies forever; and bring adults to love them as well. We all have seen what Apple was, then what it dipped down to, and then watched it rise again from the ashes to become one of the most valuable companies in the world and push several markets to change the way they think.

Yes smart phones existed before, as well as tablet, but Apple helped bring consumers to want those products more. He pushed to have everything Apple made to be consumer friendly. Apple was not the only one to benefit from this companies from many industries have benefited from the products Apple has produced with the help of his visions.
    Yep, but the things you describe are just part of the picture.

Merely being a very good businessman, and an activist for enhancing lives with technology, and a designer with tremendous imagination (and the foresight/wisdom to recognize where his own limits ended- that he could delegate "imagineering" on to others with similiar goals that weren't himself) would put him in a small group of some ~15-20 or so corporate leaders of the last few centuries.

Yeah, along with the Disneys, and Watsons and Hearsts. That's no mean compliment. But Steve has also had some advantages that many of the others didn't, and some kind of internal engine, and a lot of luck.

As a language fundamentalist, I don't really like to call something an "icon" unless there's something to look at. Steve's been blessed with above-average looks, but what makes him photo-attractive is the charisma he effuses in all his body language. Even the old-crutchety, jaundiced and (dying?) Steve of the last few years- is impressive on the stage, in the boardroom, and wherever else he appears. He's got a personality that reminds me very much of successful politicians- managing the expectations of all his constituents, not so much as to keep them blissfully happy, but to keep them on his side, and in his camp. His agenda is non-partisan, and personal; he doesn't compromise well (which might be why he's kept OUT of politics so far, and probably for good) but he's very good and delivering both good news and bad news.

The Earth is full of ugly people who make scads of money. A certain William G***s III is one familiar, but not exceptional example. The influence of wealthy corporate leaders is enormous, and I wouldn't be surprised if in the final measure, the "G***s Foundation" does end up contributing more good to the world than all the efforts of Steve Jobs. The Earth is also full of charismatic leaders who can call forth their minions to any service required. There are even more than a few "beautiful" people with dough.

But mostly you end up reading about them in the papers, after they done messed up big-time

Paradoxically, its the narrowness of purpose and vision of Steve Jobs, that I think has kept him alive, sane, and effective where others of the same substance fall short of their dreams.

Last edited by raduga; 08-25-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks

Mine is boring, But I have not many more interests, lol.

Please do not kiss, or lick, the Monitor.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    The Earth is full of ugly people who make scads of money. A certain William G***s III is one familiar, but not exceptional example. The influence of wealthy corporate leaders is enormous, and I wouldn't be surprised if in the final measure, the "G***s Foundation" does end up contributing more good to the world than all the efforts of Steve Jobs. The Earth is also full of charismatic leaders who can call forth their minions to any service required. There are even more than a few "beautiful" people with dough.
    Gates is a great person also. What he is doing to help others is huge. Along with help from Warren Buffett they have got some of the richest people in the world to pledge to donate their wealth after they pass; some from 10% to others over 50%. Even Gates is not leaving much to his family but instead it will go to help others.

Even though Jobs and Gates seemed like bitter rivals to everyone they always had a great connection when they were together for various interviews or conventions.

Thanks

Im an icon..
    EDM