+ Reply
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 391

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: PSN Downtime Topic

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by one1 You on fat or slim? And again, what firmware? Slim latest firmware
...
  1. #41
    Livin the iPhone Life Stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    You Know...
    Posts
    14,071
    Thanks
    675
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    You on fat or slim? And again, what firmware?
    Slim latest firmware

  2. #42
    iPhoneaholic glassJAw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    454
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts

    Netflix works on mine as well, OG latest firmware
    PS3 ID : glassJAw624 : add it

  3. #43
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,984
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SharpieBandit View Post
    Are you being serious?
    Apperently over the weekend many users are reporting charges they did not make.

  4. #44
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    From what I am hearing, there is now a class action lawsuit against Sony. I can't really take place in this, because I never bought anything on PSN/used my credit card.

  5. #45
    iPhoneaholic glassJAw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    454
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts

    ^ where do I sign up? all my ish is on my PSN account
    PS3 ID : glassJAw624 : add it

  6. #46
    shoop da woop ikesmasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    189
    Thanked 128 Times in 99 Posts

    hey guys, guess what? i can play XBL whenever i want. Maybe it IS worth the 40 bucks!
    sorry about the downtime. Thats what you get with, uh, free internet.

    Naw, just joking. I hate paying for xbl. But i mean, its only 40 BUCKS (you say 60, but there is ALWAYS a deal). And i have never had to worry about downtime. so i say HA.

  7. #47
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,984
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

    Oh I'm sorry I guess Xbox users forgot the 13 day in and out outage for a service they pay for.

    Xbox Live outage, day 13: still up and down, still preventing fun from being had -- Engadget

    But anyway I don't mind it. Just finished portal though and I want to start co-op because my wife is not a gamer so taking a while lol.

    Sucks for developers more than users. The 3 of the biggest multiplayer games came out last week and people can't play them.
    Last edited by Cer0; 04-27-2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #48
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    I have no idea as to where to take part of the lawsuit. I read about it on IGN.

  9. #49
    iPhoneaholic glassJAw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    454
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts

    It's not about the forty bucks it's the lack of features xbox has ,and the red ring of death that made me go with the ps3. Shazam!!!
    PS3 ID : glassJAw624 : add it

  10. #50
    shoop da woop ikesmasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    189
    Thanked 128 Times in 99 Posts

    yea...i didnt have an xbox at that time. I got mine in jan 2009. Never had one problem with XBL. but still. and taht was 2 years ago
    This is about the same time BTW. and because security was breached. Yea, sony shouldnt have pissed that public off. You can blame your developer not just for pissing people off, for not having good enough security.
    No, im not being a fanboy, i love the PS3. Just sayin...

    what LACK OF FEAUTURES? you cant do parties (according to me friend, at least) on PS3, and to me, thats a BIGGY.
    Last edited by ikesmasher; 04-27-2011 at 03:30 PM.

  11. #51
    Livin the iPhone Life Stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    You Know...
    Posts
    14,071
    Thanks
    675
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

    i have 3 xboxes and never got the red ring of death
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

    ikesmasher (04-27-2011)

  13. #52
    iPhoneaholic sickchris714's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Anaheim, California
    Posts
    399
    Thanks
    1,574
    Thanked 67 Times in 51 Posts

    well right now im making use of my 360 to play but damn i miss the free online play with the ps3.

  14. #53
    iPhoneaholic glassJAw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    454
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    yea...i didnt have an xbox at that time. I got mine in jan 2009. Never had one problem with XBL. but still. and taht was 2 years ago
    This is about the same time BTW. and because security was breached. Yea, sony shouldnt have pissed that public off. You can blame your developer not just for pissing people off, for not having good enough security.
    No, im not being a fanboy, i love the PS3. Just sayin...

    what LACK OF FEAUTURES? you cant do parties (according to me friend, at least) on PS3, and to me, thats a BIGGY.
    The biggest lack of features at the time for me was blu ray and Bluetooth
    Last edited by glassJAw; 04-27-2011 at 03:45 PM.
    PS3 ID : glassJAw624 : add it

  15. #54
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,984
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    i have 3 xboxes and never got the red ring of death
    I went through 3 and all of them had ring of death. Of the third one I never bought another.

    I have 2 PS3s. My launch one's disc drive broke the last year but I can still use it for PSN games and streaming.

    I have been thinking about getting a xbox slim because I hear it is a little better with not over heating. Only a few games exclusive for xbox that I want to try.

  16. #55
    iPhoneaholic sickchris714's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Anaheim, California
    Posts
    399
    Thanks
    1,574
    Thanked 67 Times in 51 Posts

    i hope when they fix this problem there will be a big update with new features cause nothing big has come out for them lately.

  17. #56
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,984
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

    Me too. This downtime should have gave them a chance to add in big features that need to be donw from the ground up.

  18. #57
    Livin the iPhone Life Stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    You Know...
    Posts
    14,071
    Thanks
    675
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I went through 3 and all of them had ring of death. Of the third one I never bought another.

    I have 2 PS3s. My launch one's disc drive broke the last year but I can still use it for PSN games and streaming.

    I have been thinking about getting a xbox slim because I hear it is a little better with not over heating. Only a few games exclusive for xbox that I want to try.
    oh and the reason i have 3 is one for each tv too i have my slim in my basement which gets great connection to wifi my blue in our middle level and my elite next to my ps3 on our top floor
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

  19. #58
    shoop da woop ikesmasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    189
    Thanked 128 Times in 99 Posts

    aye cero. The slims are SOO much better.
    ONly problem is you cant plug your fat hard drives into them..no biggy with the whole download system tho.

  20. #59
    Livin the iPhone Life Stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    You Know...
    Posts
    14,071
    Thanks
    675
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

    250gb hard drive ftw!
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

  21. #60
    iPhoneaholic sickchris714's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Anaheim, California
    Posts
    399
    Thanks
    1,574
    Thanked 67 Times in 51 Posts

    well hopefully they can get it right this time and adding more features will be a big plus

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts