Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Android is awesome b/c it's Open!!! Oh wait...

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Default Android is awesome b/c it's Open!!! Oh wait...
    This article is for all the Android fan bois who preach how much better it is because its "open source". Ahhh... just makes me want to laugh at how naive most people are when they don't do any research before making judgments.

Google Tightens Its Grip On Android, Infuriating Partners

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Android is dead anyway. HP WebOS is a ground up design that will have its own content manager, e-store, and interface just like iTunes. Android is a mess of "put whatever, wherever" and it's had 3 years to get a system together. HP's going to become #2 behind Apple damn near instantly when WebOS is fully operational.

Google knows this and that's why they are trying to move towards a platform, but Android will die quickly to WebOS.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

3. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (03-31-2011)

+1
    one1 nailed it
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Android is dead anyway. HP WebOS is a ground up design that will have its own content manager, e-store, and interface just like iTunes. Android is a mess of "put whatever, wherever" and it's had 3 years to get a system together. HP's going to become #2 behind Apple damn near instantly when WebOS is fully operational.

Google knows this and that's why they are trying to move towards a platform, but Android will die quickly to WebOS.
    I always found android to be like a foreign roadmap.

It's all over the place!

But having said that, haven't they made their impact as a brand?

in Ireland & generally Europe, Android is pretty huge!

You are a fun of windows o apple just wondering cause Android it's everywere android android android android android android android android keep that in you mind ok

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have tried android several times but I can never get used to it

Thanks

Just remember kiddies:

There's more source code available for iOS 4.3 than there is for Android 3.0 (as of 2 April 2011 11:25 GMT).

Any claims of "Android is open" will be referred to those URLs while I lol my tiny little head off that Apple has more source available than Google. Judging by Rubin's allusions to Honeycomb development and availability, I'll be chortling in my little head for quite a while.

It's open source for companies, which just ends up screwing consumers. You can't give cell providers anymore power than they already had.

Twitter: @tshoults

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orbyorb View Post
    Just remember kiddies:

There's more source code available for iOS 4.3 than there is for Android 3.0 (as of 2 April 2011 11:25 GMT).

Any claims of "Android is open" will be referred to those URLs while I lol my tiny little head off that Apple has more source available than Google. Judging by Rubin's allusions to Honeycomb development and availability, I'll be chortling in my little head for quite a while.
    Honeycomb will have its source released once the port to phones has been made. I can't say I blame them as they move towards standardizing Android. It is much needed and most welcomed in the community. Android is not dead. Nor will it be when HP drops their webos. For such an "informed" member of this community to say that is pretty laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    +1
    one1 nailed it
    +2
    Hell ya!
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Honeycomb will have its source released once the port to phones has been made. I can't say I blame them as they move towards standardizing Android. It is much needed and most welcomed in the community. Android is not dead. Nor will it be when HP drops their webos. For such an "informed" member of this community to say that is pretty laughable.
    I went to staples to try it. How the hell do you use it?

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Hate to say it but have to laugh at this post also. I checked out the Android phone also and could never change over to it. It's my opinion here... it's nothing compared to the iPhone....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    I went to staples to try it. How the hell do you use it?
    Turn the power button on that's on the back and go to town. The only issue I have right now is finding a great case for it. I have one ordered from Zoogue, but wish that Targus would drop one like I have for the iPad. Once Apple has worked out the backlight bleeding I will return the iPad 2 for another one. The Xoom is a solid tablet and gets used far more than the iPads do, but I have almost 400 dollars wrapped up in Apps so it will probably be what keeps the iPads around as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Hate to say it but have to laugh at this post also. I checked out the Android phone also and could never change over to it. It's my opinion here... it's nothing compared to the iPhone....
    I totally agree with Android on phones not being up to par with iOS on phones. Granted, you can do more things on Android than on iOS concerning Stock Phone vs Stock Phone, but iOS has a better feel. I want Apple to release a larger screen. I am interested to see what Android has in store for their new phone OS code named Icecream. In the mean time I am waiting on the iPhone 6. The 5 will be a waste of time IMO.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 04-20-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I like android better than iOS and it takes some getting used to. Android does need tightening because the app store situation is getting out of hand. Ere is a lot of junk cluttering the app stores and scammers trying to make a buck by making fake "dreamcast emulators" that close when you open them.

I honestly think they should set hardware requirements so they don't clutter the market with devices that are all similar. I guess their take is more quantity than quality.

I'm love the fact that I can have more freedom when it comes tocertain apps and stuff (emulators etc)
    Last edited by gQstatus05; 04-21-2011 at 06:05 AM.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Thanks

Apple hit the nail on the head with instituting guidelines for 3rd party apps. I just think they need to make their sandbox a little bigger that would let devs hook into more functions. Android is just beginning to institute this as it is much needed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sLevin1fo's Avatar
    F**K YOU, IM FROM TEXAS (So Original, HUH?)
    Thanks

My wife has an EVO and I just want to punch it when I try to use it.
    8GB 2G 1.0.2v 3.14.08_G AT&T RIP
    16GB 3G 2.0.2v 2.02.01 AT&T RIP
    8GB 3G 3.0 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.0.1 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.1.3 5.12.01 AT&T RIP
    16GB iPhone4 3.10.01 4.2.1 Fancy iPod

Quote Originally Posted by sLevin1fo View Post
    My wife has an EVO and I just want to punch it when I try to use it.
    i threw my EVO down the stairs before..... it didn't have a scratch on it
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 yesterday.

HOLY **** (in the best way possible)
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Android +1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast