+ Reply
Page 265 of 316 FirstFirst ... 165 215 255263264265266267 275 315 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 6306

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official NBA Thread

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Thx man
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,775 Times in 6,871 Posts

Thx man

Thanks

You're welcome!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

And if they pulled Beasley as well how many more wins would they have been projected to get over a 82 game season? Coulda had him along with everyone else. Him over Metta would have been a huge upgrade.

Thanks

Ya I woulda loved Getting him too. They may not have saved money that way though and it looks like that is their goal these days.

Thanks

Blazers waived Oden. Think any team should take a chance on him for a minimum deal?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    Blazers waived Oden. Think any team should take a chance on him for a minimum deal?
    He has to clear waivers first, don't think anyone has the cap room for him so that shouldn't be a problem. But he won't play this season, so if anyone picks him up it will be for next season. I'd be all over it if I were a GM though, he will be pretty inexpensive and he would be fine being a bench player right now.

Thanks

I know all of that, I meant for next year. The only contract I would give him would be a 1 yr minimum. He's played in 82 games over like 5 years. Knee issues are the worst.

And he looks like he's 50. LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    I know all of that, I meant for next year. The only contract I would give him would be a 1 yr minimum. He's played in 82 games over like 5 years. Knee issues are the worst.

And he looks like he's 50. LOL
    You gotta do better than that. I'd be trying to get him to sign a 1yr with a 1yr team option. Need that extra time to negotiate if everything works out. He looked like he was 50 in high school though. Maybe he needs to go to Germany like Kobe? Someone is going to get really lucky picking him up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davebu View Post
    You gotta do better than that. I'd be trying to get him to sign a 1yr with a 1yr team option. Need that extra time to negotiate if everything works out. He looked like he was 50 in high school though. Maybe he needs to go to Germany like Kobe? Someone is going to get really lucky picking him up.
    If somehow he does get healthy, that team indeed would be lucky. 82 games in 5 years and multiple micro fracture surgeries? I'll bet against it. I hope he does get healthy but the chances are slim at best. Bad luck for the Blazers who lost Brandon Roy and him due to injuries.

Thanks

I dont think he will ever get healthy. Way too many issues over the years.

Thanks

It's been the same issues pretty much, and Roy is going to come back next year too. They will both be back and have a good chance at being solid players.

Thanks

I don't know how you think Oden will have a good chance at being a solid player. His surgery last month (or a couple months ago) was unexpected.

As for Roy, I haven't heard anything about him wanting to return. He doesn't have any ACL's, MCL's or any cartilage in his knees. Doesn't look too bright for him either.

Thanks

I read about Roy coming back within the past month. He said health issues weren't the only thing influencing hims retirement and that he is working to come back. Why don't you think Oden can come back and be a solid player? It wasn't that unexpected, he had a surgery that was supposed to do some cleaning and would reveal if there was another microfracture, which there was. They saw that coming. If he can avoid more of these microfractures then he will be able to play just fine.

You saw Roy in the playoffs last year, he can still play. Oden was improving greatly and on his way to becoming a solid starter before the last injury. If he can come back again there is a good chance he will still be able to play at that level.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davebu View Post
    I read about Roy coming back within the past month. He said health issues weren't the only thing influencing hims retirement and that he is working to come back. Why don't you think Oden can come back and be a solid player? It wasn't that unexpected, he had a surgery that was supposed to do some cleaning and would reveal if there was another microfracture, which there was. They saw that coming. If he can avoid more of these microfractures then he will be able to play just fine.

You saw Roy in the playoffs last year, he can still play. Oden was improving greatly and on his way to becoming a solid starter before the last injury. If he can come back again there is a good chance he will still be able to play at that level.
    Why don't I think Oden can come back? Because he's played in 82 games in 5 years. Micro fracture surgeries aren't minor and just 1 can limit your career, let alone multiple. Nothing in his past can be used as assurance that he can compete in the NBA with knee issues. Plus he's a 7 footer, so that makes it worse. Taller the player, the more serious knee, ankle and foot injuries are. Just ask Yao Ming. No one knows the future but by looking at his past you'd rather be pessimistic.

Yeah Roy had a couple really good games but as I mentioned before he's missing a few things in his knees. The pain will always be there and doctors can't perform any more surgeries since there's nothing to perform on.

I just looked up Roy's numbers in the series last year against Dallas. He had 1 good game. 2 average games (I'm being nice here) and 3 bad games. Not that high of a level.

In other news Derek Fisher is most likely going to be bought out by the Rockets. He can re-sign with the Lakers on July 1, but it's highly unlikely they do.
    Last edited by punjabi212; 03-16-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks

I'd resign him. But I'm not in charge of the lakers unfortunately lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I'd resign him. But I'm not in charge of the lakers unfortunately lol.
    I can understand why you would. He's your boy and has sentimental value to Lakers fans and is a fan favorite.

Thanks

Yup, exactly why. Not a numbers thing at all. Just a sentimental/chemistry thing.

Thanks

Lakers sure will miss him in the locker room.

Thanks

Sessions is fast. Haven't seen someone move that fast in LA in a long time.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

As for Oden and Roy, they should just call it quits as it is, nobody wants to be in a wheelchair in their 50's and that's where they're headed if they keep pushing it.
    Nba should just make it league requirement to wear knee braces, the games are so much faster and high flying these days it's happening to players more often....so it seems anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Sessions is fast. Haven't seen someone move that fast in LA in a long time.
    Yeah they've been needing that for a while.