Page 263 of 317 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253261262263264265 273 313 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 6329

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official NBA Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 15,327 Times in 7,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    Whatever happened to stealthbravo?

I know its a random question lol
    Went to focus on his personal life and business. You can still catch him over on twitter sometimes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    Aren't Tuesdays fan night? Meaning fans vote for the game lol.
    Yea, but so far they have done a decent job fixing the ****** fan votes by playing a great west coast game after a game like miami toronto. Or the other way around.. They played two games, one east, one west, just about every week so far.

The fans have no idea what they are doing when voting...

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Went to focus on his personal life and business. You can still catch him over on twitter sometimes.
    Oh, so he didn't really just get out of jail? Lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Oh, so he didn't really just get out of jail? Lol
    That I do not know. Sounded like he was joking to me....I think lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Oh I see.

The same fans that vote for fan night are the same ones who voted AI to the all star game a few years back lol.

Well Howard told the Magic he doesn't want to be traded this year.

Thanks

The fans voted for Magic/Heat, which was a good choice and was a great game. But there were two more OT games that started after that one that should have been on.

NBATV played the overtime sections of the games.....I watched the fan night game, then they played the LA overtimes and I saw the Atlanta games last few minutes.

Thanks

damn wish I woulda known that, better than nothing...

Yeah I didn't know it either, I was just watching the previous game recaps and they switched to it cause it was a close game.

Thanks

League pass here
    But I dont have NBATV, so I actually prefer when the games arent on there.

Thanks

D'antoni quit! About time!

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    D'antoni quit! About time!
    One of the happiest days of my life. I'm so getting drunk tonight!!!

Hopefully Phil Jackson is the coach of the Knicks next year. He has said that the Knicks are the only team he would consider coaching again. Jackson was on the Knicks roster when they won their last championship early in the 70's.

Coaching change won't fix Knicks

D'Antoni's gone, but bigger issues remain: Amare and Melo aren't producing

Fact: Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire are in decline. I predict a coaching change won't cure that problem.

D'Antoni's ouster (technically, he resigned) is something of a last gasp to rescue what is rapidly becoming the NBA's version of the Herschel Walker trade. Connect the dots and Denver could potentially have eight rotation players from last season's Carmelo Anthony trade: Danilo Gallinari, Rudy Fernandez, Andre Miller, Kosta Koufos, Jordan Hamilton, Timofey Mozgov and 2014 and 2016 first-round picks from the Knicks. Convert the draft picks into anything useful and they could beat the Knicks just with the players they got in the trade.

As many have noted, the Melo-and-Mike show was not a great fit. Mike D'Antoni is a pick-and-roll, space-the-floor guy. Carmelo Anthony is a mid-post iso, turn-and-face guy. The only thing they agree on is the unimportance of defense. This marriage was destined to fail from the start, which is one of many reasons for D'Antoni's reported opposition to the trade.

Yet that unusual mix has buried the much larger and worrisome story in New York. Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony have maximum contracts for three years after this one. Regardless of who is coaching, they need to produce at something approaching max-caliber for the Knicks to have much success, as the very nature of their contracts (and Tyson Chandler's) all but requires New York to surround them with rookies and minimum guys.

And this season, those two just aren't anywhere close to that level. Stoudemire's decline has been more jarring and more widely documented, but Melo has lost substantial juice too.

Blame it on D'Antoni? Not so fast. Anthony has thrived in D'Antoni's system before. Remember, he played in the same offense for 27 games last season and averaged 26.3 points on 46.1 percent shooting; in the first two playoff games in Boston he was so torrid that the Celtics started doubling him any time he caught the ball closer than Vermont.

This year? Same system, same coach, but 32 games of sheer ugliness: 21.3 points, 40 percent shooting, more turnovers, fewer free throws.

It's tough to pin that on D'Antoni unless you can prove that somebody else was coaching last spring. It's tougher still when you remember Anthony played in largely the same system for Team USA in the summers.

Don't put this on Jeremy Lin either. Anthony hasn't played poorly only with Lin; he's been consistently subpar with everybody, in every situation, for the entire season. While the Knicks' recent losing streak has been the part under the microscope, Anthony has been depressingly average all year. To wit:

• He shot 39.3 percent in January, 39.8 percent in February, and 38.9 percent in March.

• He's at 40.1 percent at home and 39.9 percent on the road.

• He shoots 39.8 percent with Jeremy Lin, 39.9 percent with Iman Shumpert, and 40.1 percent with everybody else, according to NBA.com's new whizbang stats tool.

Change the conditions any way you want basically: He has been a 40 percent shooter this season, and scouts will tell you that he's not getting the same lift or explosion he used to. That is a much bigger problem than whether he's breaking plays in Mike D'Antoni's offense.

It seems a bit early for Anthony to begin declining, since he's only 27. But he has a big frame for a wing and isn't a great outside shooter; historically, players like this have tended to peak earlier.

And it's a double concern because Stoudemire has clearly lost much of the explosive first step that made him such a tough cover for opposing bigs. This was a major worry when New York signed him because of his two microfractures, and it's why neither Phoenix nor any other club was willing to give him the five-year, $95 million contract the Knicks did. Stoudemire's decline has been as visible defensively as offensively; whereas he used to rely on freakish athleticism to overcome fundamental mistakes, now he just makes mistakes from which he can't recover. Again, he put up great numbers for D'Antoni a year ago, but has declined rapidly this season.

So the Knicks will cross their fingers and hope it was the coaching, but there's no strong reason to believe this. Mike Woodson takes over, and based on his history in Atlanta will tilt the offense much toward isos for Melo and away from pick-and-rolls with Jeremy Lin, which is a bit ironic given that their only sustained success this season came with a Lin-centric approach.

But that's how they roll in New York; it's all about big names and winning the press conference. They'll worry about fitting the pieces some other year. For now they'll see if Woodson can salvage their season with a playoff berth and then throw their bankroll at Phil Jackson over the summer.

That's all window dressing. The crux of the problem remains that they're paying max contracts to two forwards who don't appear to be max players anymore. Coaching can't fix that.

John Hollinger
    ESPN insider

Thanks

It was obvious long ago that the Knicks wouldn't be a true contender as long as he was at the helm. Especially in the typically defense oriented east

Thanks

No Rose today!!! Smfh! Fken heat getting lucky this season vs the bulls

Thanks

Damn no rose no problem. Spectacular game from carlton probably made people forget the dunk james did on him.

Thanks

I know everyone was watching that game, now can we all admit that the Heat have a LONG LONG way to go before everyone can start crowning them? Outside of the big 3 no one scored, and that isn't changing anytime soon.

And seriously? LeBron guarding Lucas??? Didn't see that coming in a million years, funniest thing ever.

Page 263 of 317 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253261262263264265 273 313 ... LastLast