+ Reply
Page 262 of 316 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252260261262263264 272 312 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,240 of 6308

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official NBA Thread

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by 143voltron I agree, I've been thinking about it and it would be a BIG mistake to trade Gasol to anybody. Gasol is a smart player that is
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 143voltron View Post
    I agree, I've been thinking about it and it would be a BIG mistake to trade Gasol to anybody. Gasol is a smart player that is able to utilize his skills to fit any team. And he fits the Lakers great.
    But I would trade Bynum for Howard at a heart beat.
    The issue though is the Lakers need a point guard. But I would not trade a big for a small.
    The Lakers will not trade Bynum. Jim Buss has a hard on for Bynum since he drafted him. Lakers have no one to trade but Gasol and Bynum. No team would consider World Peace, McRoberts, Walton, Murphy or any other chump.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    The Lakers will not trade Bynum. Jim Buss has a hard on for Bynum since he drafted him. Lakers have no one to trade but Gasol and Bynum. No team would consider World Peace, McRoberts, Walton, Murphy or any other chump.
    The Lakers (Jim Buss) is nothing like his father Dr. Buss. Dr. BUss was hungry for championships and he did whatever was necessary to win. He built him team for now and future.
    But Jim Buss is the Donald Sterlin of the lakers. Cut cut cut so he can pocket more of the money. He traded/let go Farmar, Vuljavic, brown, odom for who????? Really. Bechwarmers.
    Todays roster can win! 18/2 at home. but away 6/12! its a mental thing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Oh come on, what team wouldn't want Luke Walton

Thanks

Bucks goin to playoffs

Thanks

Milwaukee Bucks trade Andrew Bogut, Stephen Jackson to Golden State Warriors for Monta Ellis, sources says - ESPN

Stupid trade for both teams.

Question: Who will jack up more shots? Ellis or Jennings?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why the Buls shoudn't get Gasol, 20% bonus if he is traded. Why spend all that extra money for a minor upgrade? I don't see it.
    What the Lakers really should do, take Boozer and the Bulls 1st rd pick. They have 2 already, add a 3rd and they will be doing work in one of the strongest drafts in a long time, maybe since '03. They could build a solid foundation of players around Kobe and Bynumn for Kobe's alst few years, then Bynumn for their future.

Wow, Bucks and Warriors doing it big. The Bucks faired pretty well without Bogut, and I would have probably kept him myself, they decided to deal him for Ellis and get rid of Jackson and his terrible contract for one of the worst contracts in Kwame Brown. Too bad the Warriors couldn't convice the Bucks to take Biedrins instead lol.

The Bucks just solidified themselves as the 8th seed, which is great news for the Bulls.

Senario 1, Bulls 1st seed, Bucks 8th. Its like having a series where the Bulls have 7 home games, just not fair for them. Why not just give them a first round bye?

Senario 2, Heat 1st seed, Bucks 8th. The Heat have dropped 2 of 3 to the Bucks this season, and while the playoffs are a different monster the Bucks have a favorable matchup for a potential 7 game series here. If any low seed team can beat the Heat its the Bucks (or Pacers, but they will probably end up 4th over the 76ers). Of course I'd still pick the heat, but playing the Bucks and the 76ers/Pacers would be a nightmare for the Heat.

Milwaukee Bucks trade Andrew Bogut, Stephen Jackson to Golden State Warriors for Monta Ellis, sources says - ESPN

Stupid trade for both teams.

Question: Who will jack up more shots? Ellis or Jennings?
    First Ellis is averaging a career high 6APG, his assist-turnover ratio is also at a career low.

Great trade for both teams. The Warriors have been trying to solidify their 5 spot for a while now, going after Tyson Chandler and DeAndre Jordan and coming up short, trying to make a play for Howard. Bogut just sprung up out of no where, and they jumped on it before anyone else could. Bogut is a T5 Center when he is healthy. Curry and Ellis combo isn't/can't work. Especially on that team. If they had a better defensive front line maybe.

The Bucks have done fine without Bogut and really needed to unload Jackson. Ellis is a great player offensively and will be able to ease into playing defense in the Scott Skiles system before he makes his inevitable debut in Chicago under an even better defensive head coach. It makes sense for the Bucks now because they need to build around Jennings. He isn't a number one scorer, Ellis is. Ellis can be the number one and Jennings the number 2, while letting Gooden and Illyasova do their damage too. In theory it will be better than the Curry/Ellis combo. Also, sometimes a player like Ellis needs is a change of scenery to really take it to the next level.

The new ownership for the Warriors was pretty outspoken about reconstructing the team, and this is a decent first step.
    Last edited by davebu; 03-13-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Thanks

Why would the Lakers want Boozer? Oh you're right, they don't.

LOL @ Bucks solidified 8th seed. Holla at me when Ellis and Jennings are at each others throats.

You're kidding yourself if you think the Bucks could take the Heat to 7 games. God damn you're biased against the Heat. Unless Kwame holds his own in the paint LOL.

3 years ago, the Magic beat the Lakers twice in the regular season and lost in 5 games in the Finals. Regular season doesn't translate into the playoffs.

And WTF are the Warriors thinking trading Udoh? He has serious potential. Bogut is made of glass and Stephen Jackson is a cancer. A couple years ago he forced his way out of Golden State. LMAO Warriors fans are pissed as hell on ESPN boards.

Milwaukee Bucks trade Andrew Bogut, Stephen Jackson to Golden State Warriors for Monta Ellis, sources says - ESPN This link goes to the comment board.

And check this video out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PP4RT-vv-o
    Last edited by punjabi212; 03-13-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks

Why would the Lakers want Boozer? Oh you're right, they don't.

LOL @ Bucks solidified 8th seed. Holla at me when Ellis and Jennings are at each others throats.

You're kidding yourself if you think the Bucks could take the Heat to 7 games. God damn you're biased against the Heat. Unless Kwame holds his own in the paint LOL.

3 years ago, the Magic beat the Lakers twice in the regular season and lost in 5 games in the Finals. Regular season doesn't translate into the playoffs.

And WTF are the Warriors thinking trading Udoh? He has serious potential. Bogut is made of glass and Stephen Jackson is a cancer. A couple years ago he forced his way out of Golden State. LMAO Warriors fans are pissed as hell on ESPN boards.

Boozer and a 1st round pick for Gasol is a deal I would make if I were the Lakers, at least this season I would.

I said the playoffs are completely different, maybe you missed that part or maybe I edited it in before I read your post can't remember but I definitely said that, and completely agree. The Bulls swept the Heat last year, proof right there. But just because it can be different doesn't mean it can't be the same. The Bucks have the confidence they need to beat the Heat, and found a gameplan that works against them. The Bucks are the last team the Heat wants in the 1st round at the bottom of the bracket. The Knicks, Celtics, Cavs, or Hawks are all better matchups for the Heat. You may think it unlikely, but if you watched those three games you wouldn't think its so far fetched, especially with a high profile scorer like Ellis now on the team. Not biased, just pointing out that it is their nightmare as far as first rounds goes.

Ellis isn't the kind of guy that fights with teammates and creates locker room issues. They got rid of Jackson and won't have these issues anymore. He may take to many shots, but mostly when he is playing at the point.

Kwame is a joke amongst jokes. I can't believe the ridiculous contract he got. After saying that, he is better than Anthony. He won't start anyway, not the worst big man coming off the bench I guess.

Jackson was the condition for getting Bogut, which is worth it considering how talented Bogut is. Obviously the Warriors feel he can stay healthy, otherwise they wouldn't have gone through with this. I don't see loosing Udoh as a big deal, he scores what 5ppg? That is easily replacable, especially at the PF. Not to sure why Warriors fans are pissed, they got rid of a bad contract, a player that has been on the block for a year, and got an all star center. If he is healthy I'd expect him to be in the all star game next year, wouldn't you?

Thanks

If he is healthy lol. Bogut probably will get hurt when he gets off the plane.

You're way overrating Ellis. He's not a good teammate and won't be a good fit with Jennings. If Ellis couldn't make it work with Curry, how in the hell will he work it with Jennings? They're both out for their own stats.

Ellis does score but needs 20 shots to do so. Low percentage shooter.

The Heat would rather face the Bucks than the Celtics. It's not even debatable. How can anyone see it otherwise? Celtics are still top 5 in defense and I doubt Rondo gets hurt like he did last year.

Thanks

If he is healthy lol. Bogut probably will get hurt when he gets off the plane.

You're way overrating Ellis. He's not a good teammate and won't be a good fit with Jennings. If Ellis couldn't make it work with Curry, how in the hell will he work it with Jennings? They're both out for their own stats.

Ellis does score but needs 20 shots to do so. Low percentage shooter.

The Heat would rather face the Bucks than the Celtics. It's not even debatable. How can anyone see it otherwise? Celtics are still top 5 in defense and I doubt Rondo gets hurt like he did last year.
    Give him a chance to be healthy, like I said the Warriors wouldn't deal for him if they had any doubts on his health. I can see your concern, but considering their they have more info on him than we do I'll take their word for it.

He hasn't been a good teammate because he has been forced to do it all. I doubt those tendencies will stick with a team with more talent like the Bucks. Him and Curry were explosive together and were often called the best backcourt in the league. They didn't do much because the rest of the team didn't work. Together they worked fairly well. Their flaw obviously being defense, which the Bucks are hoping they can avoid with a better overall defensive team and better help defense. Who knows, maybe Monta will start playing defense. Korver started playing D this year and (though refs still think if he blocks a shot he must have fouled the guy) has a decent amount for a bench player at his position, and has played good all around D this year. He was known as a horrible defender before too. Obviously neither will ever be close to an all-defensive team, but Ellis could become an average defender if he wants to.

Again his shooting because he has to. Kobe is having a terrible shooting season for his standards too, because he is doing it all. Theres no one to unload the work on. This is changing immediately for Ellis. Jennings can score just as good as curry, Illy as good as Lee, and Gooden is a solid scorer as well. He won't have to take those shots. That is not to say that he won't take them anyway, but ideally he wouldn't as far as the Bucks are concerned.

If I were any team but Chicago I would not want to play the Bucks. They are a young team, hungry, with nothing to loose. The Celtics are an old team who is on their last legs. And might be broken up by Thursday. All 4 of their talented players could be traded.

I can see why you don't like the deal, but both teams needed to get ride of those guys, Ellis, Kwame, Jackson, and Bogut. In a deal like this you can't be so pessimistic. It may not work out, but it was the best value either team could get, and potentially a great value as either side could be a bust while the other could work out fantastically, or they could both work.

On another note, the Heat fall to the Magic. Magic win over Bulls, Pacers, and Heat within a week, right before the deadline too. Anyone think this will further diminish the chances Howard is dealt?

Thanks

I think the Magic will gamble and keep Howard. Make him decide if he wants to opt out and leave $30 million on the table.

As for Ellis, over the last 5 years, every time he's been injured, the Warriors won and when he came back, they lost. Monta and coach Skiles on the same page? This is going to be funny. I'll leave it at that.

Thanks

I think the Magic will gamble and keep Howard. Make him decide if he wants to opt out and leave $30 million on the table.

As for Ellis, over the last 5 years, every time he's been injured, the Warriors won and when he came back, they lost. Monta and coach Skiles on the same page? This is going to be funny. I'll leave it at that.
    I think they should keep him, I think he should stay. Leaving or trading him is a mistake for both of them. Not even about the money IMO.

He can score at will, but his +/- is not so good. Like you said, it hasn't worked out for the Warriors, so why hate on them getting out of his deal for Bogut?

And as far as Ellis goes, he has often said he wants to leave. A coaching change may help. Of course it may not, but again he isn't some crazy cocky player and he does want to win. I think he will do whatever he is asked to do. For all his negatives he has the potential to bring a lot to the team

Whatever happens it will be entertaining. If it doesn't work out, he may be on the block again next year.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,855 Times in 6,897 Posts

Boozer is a bum. I wouldnt take him for MWP (ok maybe lol). Definitely not for Gasol. Bulls and Lakers should not make any deals, and won't.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Boozer is a bum. I wouldnt take him for MWP (ok maybe lol). Definitely not for Gasol. Bulls and Lakers should not make any deals, and won't.
    I think its a bad deal on either side, especially with the Lakers having opportunities to go after Sessions or Caldron, maybe they are looking to do a three team deal, get Sessions and Boozer, for Gasol, while the Bulls send that pick to the Cavs. That satisfies all three team's desires. Still I don't like it for the Bulls, Cavs maybe not since the Bulls pick is likely 29th or 30th, and Lakers well I think its a good deal for them, not a great deal though.

And I would take Benjamin Colon over MWP. But seriously, he has been playing a little better recently.

Thanks

I wouldnt trade Gasol for anything less than a star PG. I dont think Lakers should trade him at all though. Find a way to get a half decent point guard should be their only move.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I wouldnt trade Gasol for anything less than a star PG. I dont think Lakers should trade him at all though. Find a way to get a half decent point guard should be their only move.
    They should be able to get it done. Don't forget they have poor management now though.

Thanks

True that.

Double OT in Memphis right now

Thanks

Whatever happened to stealthbravo?

I know its a random question lol

Thanks

WTF was NBATV doing tonight, didn't play the Lakers Grizzlies (2 top 5 west teams) or the Hawks Nuggets games, both had great finishes my broke *** couldn't watch...

Thanks

Aren't Tuesdays fan night? Meaning fans vote for the game lol.