+ Reply
Page 259 of 316 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249257258259260261 269 309 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 6312

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official NBA Thread

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
I don't understand what's wrong with his personality? He smiles too much? He made a HUGE PR mistake with the decision but he has never committed a crime and gives
    Thanks

I don't understand what's wrong with his personality? He smiles too much? He made a HUGE PR mistake with the decision but he has never committed a crime and gives a lot back to the community. I realize he doesn't have the killer instinct but to hate him for that is stupid. He is more hated than Ben Roethlisberger who was charged twice for sexual assualt. Something is wrong with that picture.

Kobe is the closest to Jordan but will never reach that greatness. Jordan shot like 50% in his 6 finals' compared to Kobe's 40% in his 7 finals'. And that's just one of many things in Jordan's favor. It's not a knock on Kobe, he's a top 10 player of all time.

I still think Magic is the greatest Laker ever though. What about you Simon? Kobe or Magic?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Magic was a play maker, Kobe is a scorer first and foremost. Two different players that both brought 5 titles each to LA in their own way. To say who's the greatest laker is always gonna be argued, never to be officially settled. Both players jerseys are going to be in the rafters....possibly two for Bryant 8/24.
    I credit Bryant though because in today's game it's rare that people stay with one team their whole career so I got a lot of respect for that kid. Same with Magic, just not as long a career unfortunately.
    LA's best play maker and team mate goes to Magic. LA's most dominant scorer and closer goes to Kobe. He's in his sixteenth season and still one of the tops, but in his prime nobody could defend this guy and people tend to forget actually how crazy his game was not to long ago.

But as of today, right at this moment I'll admit that Lebron James is the most dominant player in the league.
    Last edited by TreyATX; 03-08-2012 at 01:47 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TreyATX View Post
    Magic was a play maker, Kobe is a scorer first and foremost. Two different players that both brought 5 titles each to LA in their own way. To say who's the greatest laker is always gonna be argued, never to be officially settled. Both players jerseys are going to be in the rafters....possibly two for Bryant 8/24.
    I credit Bryant though because in today's game it's rare that people stay with one team their whole career so I got a lot of respect for that kid. Same with Magic, just not as long a career unfortunately.
    LA's best play maker and team mate goes to Magic. LA's most dominant scorer and closer goes to Kobe. He's in his sixteenth season and still one of the tops, but in his prime nobody could defend this guy and people tend to forget actually how crazy his game was not to long ago.

But as of today, right at this moment I'll admit that Lebron James is the most dominant player in the league.
    I'm pretty sure I typed the same exact thing except it came up under your name for some reason lol. They both did great things and were different styles of players.

Back on LBJ, no he hasn't done anything horrible and does a lot for the communities he lives in, and yes "THE DECISION" was the worst thing to happen to any sport. There is just something a lot of people dislike about him though, the way he carries himself, the way he talks in interviews, ect. A lot of people see him in a negative light for those reasons. Leaving Cleavland the way he did hurt his rep the most though.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    I don't understand what's wrong with his personality? He smiles too much? He made a HUGE PR mistake with the decision but he has never committed a crime and gives a lot back to the community. I realize he doesn't have the killer instinct but to hate him for that is stupid. He is more hated than Ben Roethlisberger who was charged twice for sexual assualt. Something is wrong with that picture.

It's one thing after anothe though with him. The announcement, the pretending to e sick taking a jab at dirk, the comments he made after they lost about how everyone against him will still wake up the next day to their same pathetic lives. The guy has an unjustified sense of self worth. Start producing for a change and then we will talk. Even then though he'll still be too much of a choker for my liking.

Thanks

Dirk choked in 2006 but he won so everyone forgets about that. Same thing will happen with LBJ if he gets over the hump.

I agree with the Kobe and Magic arguments. One thing i'll add is that Magic elevated everyones game, and Kobe does not.

Thanks

For the star that LBJ is and as talented as he is, he should be able to close out games or at least try to.

Thanks

Yeah but when Kobe has an 'on' night, it does seem that other players get in a groove too....but when he's off it kills all kinds of offense and they lose 20 point leads to sub .500 teams .

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    For the star that LBJ is and as talented as he is, he should be able to close out games or at least try to.
    I've always compared LBJ to Scottie Pippen and I never considered him a 'closer', just somebody that was consistent and good on defense. And that guy's in the HOF. Didn't matter that he won with Mike, just like it won't matter that James wins it with Wade. All in all it just matters on the end result.
    Last edited by TreyATX; 03-08-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    Dirk choked in 2006 but he won so everyone forgets about that. Same thing will happen with LBJ if he gets over the hump.

I agree with the Kobe and Magic arguments. One thing i'll add is that Magic elevated everyones game, and Kobe does not.
    Tough to say Dirk choked when nobody ever gave him credit back then. Besides, look at our 2006 team, he carried that team. Now, Lebron did carry the Cavs, but it's undeniable that he completely gave up multiple times.

Maybe choke is the wrong word to describe him. In order to choke you have to at least try.

Thanks

I'll give Lebron this years playoffs to prove himself. If he shrinks in the 4th quarters again, then I think I can 100% definitively say he cannot close.

Thanks

Dwight had a beast game tonight.

Thanks

And it had to be vs his future teammates

Thanks

Dirk didn't choke, he went off in two of their losses, and they lost another in OT in '06. He played pretty damn good as far as I'm concerned. I don't remember the OT game, did he miss a game winner or something that I don't remember? Just looked it up to refresh my memory, mistaken timeout call by Josh Howard cost them their final shot attempt, not Dirk's fault at all.

I can see your comparison to Pippen with LeBron, Pippin did just about the same when Jordan was "playing" baseball as LeBron, but do you really think Wade can be LeBron's Jordan? I'm not sure that will happen, oh and they don't have anywhere near the caliber coach that the dynasty had (I often think Spolstra should be coaching in the Australian WNBA).

I can't believe I missed that game, I can't believe they blew that lead, and I can't believe how they just kept throwing up threes. Reminds me of the Bears trying to have Cutler throw against Rodgers and Brees this past year, just not our team.

Would be interesting to see Dwight in Chicago, but there is no way the Bulls let the core of Rose, Deng, and Noah leave. If the magic will take their picks from the rest of the lineup then it could happen, still better than the injury prone cant rebound lopez, and pretty sure the Lakers withdrew their offer. Unless the Bulls amnesty boozer after the season and decide to let a few of their players go, they could make him a pretty sizable offer. Still expect him to follow Williams though, or possibly even stay in Orlando.

Thanks

Last edited by punjabi212; 03-09-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Thanks

Fire D'Antoni

Thanks
    Thanked 15,019 Times in 6,925 Posts

Wow OKC lost at home to the Cavs. Weird weird season.

Thanks

It's just an exhausting season. I was surprised the mavs lost last night, but tonight didn't surprise much at all. 3 games in 3 nights is taxing.

Thanks

The Mavs have always been streaky though, it's just us never know when they'll be on or off.
    LA barely escaped with a win tonight, I don't know what their deal is on the road but they won't last long in the post season playing like that.

Side note: I'm so tired of all this trade talk, can't wait till the deadline has passed.....it'll be the same this summer though.

Thanks

Yea it is a crazy season, the Suns are 3 games out of the playoffs, who saw that coming?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,019 Times in 6,925 Posts

Playoff picture is nuts in the west. Lose three games and you can be out I playoffs. Win three and move up several slots. Gonna be interesting to see how it all play out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Playoff picture is nuts in the west. Lose three games and you can be out I playoffs. Win three and move up several slots. Gonna be interesting to see how it all play out.
    Standing by my pick for the Grizzlies to take the 2 seed from the Spurs, 3 games back from them. They are a legit contender.