Page 258 of 317 FirstFirst ... 158 208 248256257258259260 268 308 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 6335

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official NBA Thread

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I HATE Odom.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

Guess he shoulda kept his mouth shut and stayed in LA. Look where his emotions have got him now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What does everyone think about the advanced team stats right now for the top 3 teams? Miami, OKC, and Chicago being 1, 2, 3 in Offensive Efficiency, while Chicago is 2nd, Miami 6th, and OKC 12th in Defensive Efficiency. Chicago being 1st in rebounds, Miami and OKC tied for 4th (very impressive for Miami), OKC leading in turnovers committed, Miami 13th, and Chicago at 24th. Any of those change anyone's opinions about the caliber of those teams in the playoffs?

The only other team in the top 10 for offense and defense efficiencies is 76ers, and they are last in turnovers committed, but are 22nd in rebounds, which is going to hurt in the playoffs.

Thanks

meh, whatever. I do think he should pass more now in those situations. use himself as the decoy. Better things happen when he does.

Kobe 9-31 in loss to Wizards. SMH

Thanks

I missed the Heat Hawks game, but already everyone is talking about how LBJ went and sat in the corner while Wade took over to win the game at the end. He is accepting his role now I guess. If you guys were busy watching that MVP Derrick Rose didn't back down like LeBron, made the game winner in Milwaukee.

Lebron had 31 and 11...

Thanks

Lakers suck. Lose two games to two dumb teams. I don't care if it was their arena. Can't happen. And after such good play at home too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Lakers suck. Lose two games to two dumb teams. I don't care if it was their arena. Can't happen. And after such good play at home too.
    Lakers have been a weak road team all year though, I don't see that ending anytime soon. Thats why they need to look at trading some pieces instead of being a first round out until Kobe retires. Maybe its a little to early with next year's free agency class though.

And what does LeBron going for 31 and 11 have to do with him hiding when the game was on the line? That just shows Miami's weakness more, they can only rely on their stars to score consistently, and they can't rely on their best player when it matters most. I would say who cares if they have someone else who is going to get the job done, but Wade is much more guardable, especially if they play teams like Chicago, Phily, Indiana, or Boston in the playoffs.

The game wouldn't have been in the line if Lebron didn't score 31. He kept them in the game.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    The game wouldn't have been in the line if Lebron didn't score 31. He kept them in the game.
    Don't see the relevance here, he is supposed to score at least 31 in that game. Thats like saying how great it is for Howard to get 18 pts and 14 boards, he should be doing that anyway. LBJ's average right now is not much less than that 31.

Lol @ suppose to.

Thank god for espn comment boards.

Thanks

Lol @ suppose to.

Thank god for espn comment boards.
    He's at 27.7 on the season, so seeing as how there was no Joe Johnson for him to matchup against I would have expected him to score more like 37, he was basically checked the whole game. Still don't see the relevance to him hiding when the game was on the line though.

It's 'hiding' if they lose. You're the Skip Bayless of ModMyI. Lol

Thanks

It's 'hiding' if they lose. You're the Skip Bayless of ModMyI. Lol
    What do you mean its hiding if they lose? Idk how u can say that I'm like Skip just b/c I don't bow down to him, but criticize him instead. I've criticized Kobe this season for regressing to his old mentality and becoming less of a team player, Dwight for a lot, Dirk for being lazy, Rose for not trusting his teammates as much as he should, and it goes on. You can't be the best player in the NBA if you are not willing to take a game winning/tying shot, or if you can't hit them.

Like I said earlier I didn't see the highlight I was just reacting to what analysts have been saying about the game, which was that he wanted nothing to do with having the game in his hands. Makes sense since he hasn't been a playmaker with the game on the line yet.

That's where you're wrong. You can be the best player in the NBA without willing to take the last shot. If you don't have the clutch gene, you just don't have it. You can't over look what he does in the first 45 mins.

And why does it matter if Lebron watched Wade win the game? Wade is the closer plain and simple.

Every analyst (including Magic and Bird) except Skip have said Lebron is the best player in the world even though he can't close out games by himself.

No one says bow down to Lebron but the hating is rediculous. But I kind of understand it from you. Lebron shut down your boy last year in the ECF.

And I don't like Lebron or the Heat. I call it like I see it. BTW I was rooting for Chicago to beat the Heat last year and I will this year too.

Thanks

I definitely think it matters that he isn't clutch and doesn't have that killer instinct. I honestly haven't even seen Skip on since last year, so I have no idea what he has been saying, but from adande, magic, wilbon, kornheiser, the guys whose names idk on nbatv, all agree that not being able to close out games drastically hurts his reputation. He is great for 45 minutes, but then he falls apart. Other players like Rose or Kobe are better for the last 3 minutes than any other time in the game. If he continues to do this how do you think it will affect his next contract? If they can win with wade as the closer then good for them as a team, but LBJ will be measured by how many rings he got, and if he only gets one because wade took over for him then I'm sure he will still be trashed.

He played some good 4th quarter d on Rose and it worked for the surprise factor. Rose never faced that talented a defender with that much length before. He has completely deciphered that though and putting LBJ on Rose now is like putting Lin on Rose. He didn't shut him down though, he still produced just not at the highest numbers he could have.

I can't believe your defending the "best player" for basically benching himself in a close game. If this continues he will never be in the same class as Jordan.

That's my point, Lebron will get trashed no matter what.

Lebron can't close. We all know that. It does hurt his rep but they still consider him the best in the world. His 28-8-7 cannot be looked over though. And his defense is great. Did you see him playing post defense on Gasol? He was putting on a clinic.

No one should be mentioned with Jordan. NO ONE!!!!!

Thanks

He gets trashed a lot because of hes personality definitely. It makes everyone judge him harsher.

Let me put it this way, your a GM and you can get any single perennial allstar, just one. Its for a single one year run, afterwards everyone is gone. Once chance to get a championship. Who do you take? The rest of the team will be filled in with a players between T5-T10 at their position at random.

Its almost impossible to answer, but if you get to pick first I honestly think you take Howard and LeBron off your chart. Neither can close, and without your closer being your superstar it will be almost impossible to win, especially when other teams are just as good position by position (or in Miami's case better position by position).

And yes I saw him playing on Gasol, it was really impressive how he was able to not let Gasol abuse the size advantage. He really had to work at that, and I expect he did so to prepare for Dirk, Gasol, and possibly even Durant in the future if he decides to start posting up.

According to Jordan, Kobe is the first player he has seen since he retired that he thinks shares similarities to him in both the physical and mental aspects of the game. I guess you can take that somewhat lightly since Jordan also thinks Boris Diaw, Tyrus Thomas, and Gerald Henderson deserve to start (and Augustine over Kemba???).

Actually, I think he is doing a decent job with the Bobcats for what they are, but that's not the point.

Page 258 of 317 FirstFirst ... 158 208 248256257258259260 268 308 ... LastLast