Page 256 of 317 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246254255256257258 266 306 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,120 of 6335

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official NBA Thread

I'd take Lebron, Durant and cp3 over Rose.

Paul George severely pushed off of Hibbert as well lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    I'd take Lebron, Durant and cp3 over Rose.

Paul George severely pushed off of Hibbert as well lol.
    LBJ is more talented yes, no question. Durant, I would say no, he takes to many jump shots, he does get fouled a good amount, but he doesn't get easy baskets often enough. CP3 has nothing on Rose, have you ever watched them head2head? Rose emberasses CP3 all day, while CP3 hits a few jump shots and gets a decent number of assists. Rose's defense is far superior, as his driving ability. And, before Rose CP3 was my favorite player in the league, dunno if I wanna like him not as a Clipper though. The only one I could see someone putting ahead of Rose is Howard, but that is debatable. Howard cannot close games (neither can LBJ I guess though), but he dominates the paint so well.

Meh, you can only tell if you watch the replay lol. It looked great live, and thats what the JUDGES!!!!!!! would be judging. If you watch the replay of the Griffin last year he was mediocre as well. Same reason Howard lost the first dunk contest he was in, they didn't notice the sticker on the top of the backboard. I'd rather have the replay in though to save great dunks like that and disqualify mediocre ones though. No one won that dunk contest, give the trophy back.

Quote Originally Posted by davebu View Post
    LBJ is more talented yes, no question. Durant, I would say no, he takes to many jump shots, he does get fouled a good amount, but he doesn't get easy baskets often enough. CP3 has nothing on Rose, have you ever watched them head2head? Rose emberasses CP3 all day, while CP3 hits a few jump shots and gets a decent number of assists. Rose's defense is far superior, as his driving ability. And, before Rose CP3 was my favorite player in the league, dunno if I wanna like him not as a Clipper though. The only one I could see someone putting ahead of Rose is Howard, but that is debatable. Howard cannot close games (neither can LBJ I guess though), but he dominates the paint so well.

Meh, you can only tell if you watch the replay lol. It looked great live, and thats what the JUDGES!!!!!!! would be judging. If you watch the replay of the Griffin last year he was mediocre as well. Same reason Howard lost the first dunk contest he was in, they didn't notice the sticker on the top of the backboard. I'd rather have the replay in though to save great dunks like that and disqualify mediocre ones though. No one won that dunk contest, give the trophy back.
    Sometimes I think maybe cp3 isn't the best point guard in the league then I remember how he by himself took the Lakers to 6 games last year in the playoffs. I want a pg who can shoot and elevate the game of the players around him. cp3 does that better better than anyone. I'm not debating, that's just my preference.

Lebron is the best player in the world. You along with Skip are again the only ones who are dogging Lebron lol.

Griffin's dunks are over-hyped. His dunk over the car was a joke.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

I'd take LBJ and Durant over Rose. Not cp3 though. Probably Dwight over Rose too. Rose is top 5 I would say.

How about Wade breaking Kobe's nose and giving him a concussion?

Thanks

nah, I like all three. Force won't work though, players association wouldn't let it. and if they can't do that dunk cause its to hard for them, well do something you can do and practice the dunk more. yes judges are needed, evans was not the best there, jumping over a midget... especially after two other guys jumped over ppl. at least Paul George one up'd Buddinger by jumping over two guys, both bigger than Diddy.

Wow, just went to read ESPN's top 500 list, Rose at 8, was the list selected by a random number generator or something? Easily T3, maybe even 2nd.
    The two ball dunk was pretty good. Is the top 500 the one announced before the season?

What bout the dunk i think from ibaka that was actually before the free throw line

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I'd take LBJ and Durant over Rose. Not cp3 though. Probably Dwight over Rose too. Rose is top 5 I would say.
    +1

How about Wade breaking Kobe's nose and giving him a concussion?
    Ha talk bout exhibition game
    Last edited by Paco; 02-28-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Thanks

Sometimes I think maybe cp3 isn't the best point guard in the league then I remember how he by himself took the Lakers to 6 games last year in the playoffs. I want a pg who can shoot and elevate the game of the players around him. cp3 does that better better than anyone. I'm not debating, that's just my preference.

Lebron is the best player in the world. You along with Skip are again the only ones who are dogging Lebron lol.

Griffin's dunks are over-hyped. His dunk over the car was a joke.
    How did I dog LBJ by saying he is the best player in the NBA??? And believe me, there are millions who doubt his potential to bring home the Larry O'Brien trophy.

And to say that CP3 did it on his own is a little of an understatement, David West a great low post scorer, Trevor Ariza a good defender, and a decent scorer, Jerret Jack a great bench player, was really strong when he and CP3 played together, Okafur, Landry, Gray all solid big men. He didn't do it single handedly, but yes he was the only star, which for years has been how the NBA was, until Allen/Garnet/Pierce happened. They were a solid playoff team worthy of a 1st round exit in 6 games to a extremely overrated lakers team (member how the lakers got swept by the mavs???). So don't say that he took the lakers to six by himself like he did, or even if he did like it mattered.

Now, don't take this the wrong way, he is a great PG, one of the best. A great team leader and plays ok defense, but he is not in the same category as Rose, and if Westbrook stops turning it over and throwing up bricks, he is not on his level either. Oh, btw CP3 got robbed of that MVP a few years back.

I think Rose and Durant or Howard are hard choices, I could see an argument going either way. For Rose's side of things I'd like you to realize that Rose gets a lot higher % shots than Durant, who is (along with the entire OKC team) a jump shooter (a damn good one). If he gets himself more easy shots, improves his low post, and drives more he will be unstoppable (hit the weight room too). But ATM, I think Rose's game is stronger.

Howard changes the game so much just being on the court, the only thing Rose has over him is his ability to control games. Having the ball in his hands is pretty close to having Howard on the court for offensive purposes, and being able to hit a free throw is a great bonus to possibly put him over the top. Howard defensively though has so much more he can do. Rose affects the other PG, and occasionally blocks a shot, but Howard changes just about every shot, no contest there. Starting from scratch Howard is a better choice to build a team around, but he needs someone who can take over for him. Rose doesn't. That would be my reasoning for Rose.

If LBJ continues to come up short, and the Bulls win it all this year (or before the Heat do), then I would argue that you could put him ahead of LBJ. When it comes down to it both teams are as good as eachother. It will come down to who can make the last shot.

Even if you want Durant and Howard over Rose though, there is no one else in that discussion. Wade grabs the 5 to round it out, but is not the game changer he was, or any of the other 4 are.

Thanks

LBJ greatest player to never win a championship?

Thanks

I am sure he will win one (at least) before his career is over.

Thanks

I am sure he will win one (at least) before his career is over.
    Yea, I overheard him talking to Kobe at the all star game that when they loose again this year and they trade him next year he'll opt out and sign with the lakers the year after if they can't deal for him. maybe they can get it done there.

Derrick Rose cost 20,000+ fans Big Macs.... SMH lol
    Last edited by punjabi212; 02-29-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Thanks

Lol tht would explain the fan reaction after he missed those last two free throws

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Lol tht would explain the fan reaction after he missed those last two free throws
    didnt you see paxton telling him to miss them???

With the NBA trade deadline approaching, lots of players are being mentioned in rumors. Here's the latest on the big names who could be on the move:

Dwight Howard, C
    As everyone knows, Dwight and his agent, Dan Fegan, asked Orlando for permission to speak with three teams in the preseason: New Jersey, Dallas and the Los Angeles Lakers. But there are three other teams that should be thrown into the mix: Orlando, New York and the Los Angeles Clippers.

New Jersey/Brooklyn remains the odds-on favorite because Dwight has eyes for Brooklyn and the tremendous marketing opportunities it could present, not to mention he loves the thought of teaming with all-star point guard Deron Williams. In Brooklyn, as the face of the Nets' "new'' franchise, Howard could receive an Adidas deal similar to the $260 million one Derrick Rose recently signed. Howard's preference would be to sign with New Jersey as a free agent, thereby allowing the Nets to keep the solid role players -- Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries, Jordan Farmar and Anthony Morrow -- they'd have to trade to get him before March 15.

Orlando is underwhelmed by the Nets' personnel and would want a third or fourth team involved in any trade. It's possible the clubs could revisit the three-team trade they nearly pulled off in December since Portland is now, according to sources, once again willing to part with Gerald Wallace. Back in December, talks between the three teams had Wallace joining Lopez in Orlando. While the Nets would be amenable to such a deal, they don't currently have any three-team packages on the table because of the uncertainty over whether the Magic will trade Howard, sources said. It's difficult to arrange such complicated trade scenarios when you're not sure the main team in the deal will play ball.

Nonetheless, one Eastern Conference executive said he believes that if Howard is traded before the deadline, it will be to New Jersey. But the Nets should not begin stitching Howard's jersey just yet. The same executive, as well as several others around the association, believe the longer this goes on without a resolution, the better Dallas's chances of snagging both Howard and Williams. Mavs owner Mark Cuban is positioning himself to make a run at both players and if he can move Shawn Marion after the season, he could be in position to offer both players near-max deals. Williams, a Dallas native, would love to play in his hometown, and Howard, Dirk Nowitzki and he could form a big three that would rival Miami's.

I'm getting conflicting information on Howard's desire to play for the Lakers. Reports suggest Howard has cooled on the idea of playing alongside Kobe Bryant in Los Angeles, and a plugged-in source insists that Howard definitely does not want to play for the Lakers. But another person close to the situation insists that Howard remains open to the possibility of playing long-term with the Lakers.

The Clippers have not engaged the Magic in trade talks for Howard recently, but Howard would be open to playing with Chris Paul. A Clippers package featuring Blake Griffin could get the deal done, but sources say the Clippers will not trade their all-star power forward, even for D12.

New York is another place Howard would consider settling in long-term, and the talent-laden Knicks could offer a package that could rival just about anyone's, something along the lines of Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler. The Knicks, however, have not discussed this scenario with the Magic and sources say, they will only get involved in a potential trade for Howard if the Orlando center gives strong indications that he wants to play there. Otherwise, the Knicks do not believe it's worth the risk of potentially upsetting some of their star players by including them in a trade offer that's unlikely to be accepted. That said, the Knicks would send Amare Stoudemire to Orlando in a second. But the Magic have no interest in Stoudemire because of his bum knees and decreased production.

Finally, there's Orlando. Howard has not completely shut the door on the possibility of staying with the Magic long-term. Perhaps he will before March 15, but that is unlikely. Howard, sources say, has almost resigned himself to the fact that Orlando will not trade him this season. So while they're considering dealing him over the next two weeks, the Magic will also look for trades that can bring them a star to play beside Howard. They reportedly have their sights set on Steve Nash, but sources say Phoenix is not going to trade him. They also like Monte Ellis, but Golden State wants a big man that Orlando does not have in return. While it's trying, Orlando is finding it hard to pull off a trade that will appease Howard , in part because his lack of a commitment to remain there long-term makes other stars leery of joining the Magic.

Golden State is desperate to get in the Howard mix, even though it has been given no indications by Howard's camp that he will stay their long-term. Still, the Warriors, thinking they could convince Howard to stay in the Bay area, are mulling making an offer that could include some of their best players.

Pau Gasol, C/F
    Everyone knows the Lakers are willing to move Gasol, if only because they actually did move him in the preseason (before Commissioner David Stern nixed the three-team Chris Paul trade that had Gasol going to Houston). The Lakers, however, are not going to just give Gasol away. They want a star-quality player/players in return. Houston still wants Gasol, and a package of Luis Scola and Kyle Lowry could perhaps get it done. But the Rockets, as much as they like Gasol, do not want to lose Lowry, sources say. With the point guard enjoying a breakout season -- and the Rockets winning as well -- Houston wants to build around Lowry.

Minnesota has long been rumored to be in the mix for Gasol, who wouldn't mind playing with Ricky Rubio, but sources say the clubs haven't spoken about a Pau trade in months. And with 26-year-old center Nikola Pekovic emerging (he's averaged 16.8 points and 9.9 rebounds on 57% shooting in February), the Timberwolves don't need to bring in the older and far more expensive Gasol, who is 31.

While the Lakers have been reluctant to give up Gasol and Andrew Bynum for Howard, that trade, perhaps with Hedo Turkoglu thrown in, remains a possibility. Chicago has shown interest in Gasol, according to sources. One source says the Bulls like their team but have doubts about their ability to beat Miami without making one more move.

Chicago would give the Lakers Carlos Boozer in a heartbeat, but that won't get it done for Gasol. The Lakers would likely want Luol Deng thrown into the trade, which would be a deal-breaker for the Bulls.

Rajon Rondo, PG
    Boston is aggressively shopping Rondo, according to sources. The Celtics find Rondo's personality to be too high-maintenance and his clashes with coach Doc Rivers continue. With the Celtics having realized they are no longer title contenders, they don't believe the payoff is worth the headaches Rondo brings, sources say. And they do not want to build around him.

In December, the Celtics had discussions with Golden State about a Stephen Curry-for-Rondo deal, and one source says it was Golden State that decided against pulling the trigger. But Curry's recent ankle injuries, which have caused him several problems in his short career, have given the Celtics pause. The potential trade is still being discussed by Boston's braintrust, but they aren't sure they want to go forward with it. It also isn't clear whether the Warriors would be willing to do it. Other players would have to be thrown in to make it work financially.

Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry, SG
    While Boston is wondering about Steph Curry, the Warrior whose name is most often heard in trade rumors is Monte Ellis. Ellis has been open to (though not insistent) leaving Golden State for years, and if he had his druthers, he'd wind up with the Lakers, the Bulls or the Magic next to Dwight Howard, sources say. But none of those scenarios appears likely. While an Ellis trade is certainly possible, the Warriors would rather move Curry than Ellis, whom they believe is the better player.

Golden State is desperate for a big man and it would take a good one for them to part with either guard. The Warriors did in fact call New Jersey back in December to inform the Nets that they would be willing to participate in a three-team trade with Orlando, whereby the Warriors would send Ellis to Orlando in exchange for Brook Lopez, according to sources.

While that deal has little chance of happening, in part because Orlando would want much more than Ellis in return for Howard -- in fact, the Magic would want at least Lopez and Ellis -- if the Nets are able to sign Howard as a free agent this summer, they could revisit the Lopez-for-Ellis scenario since Lopez would then become expendable.

Michael Beasley, PF
    Beasley's talent is undeniable, as shown in Tuesday's 27-point outburst against the Clippers. But the Timberwolves are unwilling to invest in him long-term because of his "issues'', as well as their logjam at the forward spot. They are now trying to get whatever they can for Beasley before letting him walk as a free agent this summer.

The Lakers are interested, but conflicted. Minnesota offered the Lakers Beasley for the Lakers' best first-round pick, but the Lakers' unwillingness to pay the extra luxury tax money they would incur from Beasley's contract, have thus far turned down the deal. Beasley makes $6.2 million this season, but with the Lakers being a taxpayer, that equates to $12. million. While it's clear Beasley will make the Lakers better, will he make them good enough to justify that type of money. That's the question the Lakers are asking themselves. The Lakers own their own first-round pick as well as Dallas' first-round pick, though the Dallas pick is Top 20 protected.

I'm also told the Lakers may sign Gilbert Arenas after the all-star break (now) or the trade deadline. Arenas, according to a source, was "explosive'' and "had his athleticism back'' during his recent workout with the Lakers.

Chris Kaman, C
    Kaman will almost certainly be moved. New Orleans has no use for him and simply wants to get something -- even if it's just a second-round draft pick -- for him, according to sources. A month ago, when the Hornets told Kaman to stay home and wait to be traded, they were asking for a young player, a draft pick and an expiring contract. Now, their aspirations aren't so lofty. Golden State, Houston and Miami have interest in Kaman.

Raymond Felton and Gerald Wallace, G
    The two Blazers who are virtually untouchable are LaMarcus Aldridge and Nicholas Batum. With the Blazers struggling, everyone else is available, particularly Felton and Wallace. Felton just lost his starting job to Jamal Crawford. Felton, who is having the worst season of his career, had spoken with coach Nate McMillan about coming off the bench to jump start his game, but only temporarily. If the lineup change persists, Felton will be even more uncomfortable and unhappy than he is already. Felton is in the last year of his contract and making $7.5 million.

The question interested teams have to ask themselves is how much are you willing to give up for a potential rental. The Lakers would have interest, but what are they going to give up? Fear of the luxury tax penalty would likely keep them from using their trade exception on Felton. Wallace has a player option for $11.4 million next season, so you wonder what teams will be willing to pay that next season.

By Chris Broussard

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to punjabi212 For This Useful Post:

davebu (02-29-2012), Simon (02-29-2012)

Thanks

thats crazy, call up Chicago, we are ready to take Beasley.

Thanks

Ya, dont like that. I can see why because of the tax, but still.

Thanks

Ya, dont like that. I can see why because of the tax, but still.
    its a good move from the Lakers perspective, he won't turn the tables and bring them a title, but if Gasol is traded they will do in in a heart beat. They won't til he is gone though. Lakers really wishing right now to get Rondo for Gasol and then get Beasley for a draft pick.

Page 256 of 317 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246254255256257258 266 306 ... LastLast