+ Reply
Page 255 of 316 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245253254255256257 265 305 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 6313

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official NBA Thread

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
lol
    Thanks

lol

Thanks
    Thanked 15,187 Times in 6,971 Posts

Never watched a celeb game before.Guess Ill watch that tonight too.

Thanks

Dwight and Durant are the coaches for the celeb game.

Thanks

I would have punched Kevin Hart in the face. There's funny and then there's annoying. He was annoying. Lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yeah, kinda lame he won MVP. I think that white dude should of took it, I forget his name but he was the best player out there.

Thanks

Duncan. Secretary of education. He def should have won MVP.

Thanks

Yeah Duncan should have won.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you guys watched the "trophy presentation" Kevin Hart gave it to him and they named him the honorary MVP. He was straight ballin, not fair though cuz he trains with Obama...

That dunk contest was a joke tho... bring back judges and rounds like previous years, oh and get some good dunkers who can actually do their dunk on the first try.

Thanks

Ya I saw that. That was good of Hart to do. Hart played pretty well too I thought. Duncan still should have got MVP. I think it was fan voted so that's why he wasnt I guess.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davebu View Post
    If you guys watched the "trophy presentation" Kevin Hart gave it to him and they named him the honorary MVP. He was straight ballin, not fair though cuz he trains with Obama...

That dunk contest was a joke tho... bring back judges and rounds like previous years, oh and get some good dunkers who can actually do their dunk on the first try.
    Lol the dunk contest sucked. Jumping over a motor cycle? Now which NBA player couldn't do that? The two basketball dunk was the best dunk of the night.

Thanks

Do any of you guys know a bug or something in itunes or iphone 4 that keeps ringtones and music in your phone even when you click don't sync tones and music? It's pissing me off. Maybe the jailbreak is the problem?

Thanks

Top 10 things to watch in second half

By Tom Haberstroh:

Here are 10 trends I'm watching after the All-Star Break:

1. The Dallas Mavericks' D allowed an NBA-best 94.3 points per 100 possessions in February.
    So how long will the national audience sleep on this team? Perhaps it's because Tyson Chandler is anchoring someone else's defense. Perhaps it's because they have radically sat their star Dirk Nowitzki with no apparent injury. Perhaps it's because they didn't get off to a sparkling start like they did last season. Whatever the reason, you need to be paying attention.

Holy smokes, has this defense been good. Despite playing without their championship anchor in Chandler and their defensive guru assistant coach Dwane Casey (who's now calling shots for the Toronto Raptors), the Mavericks have quietly suffocated teams with their defense. The perplexing thing is that their offense has been a mess (19th in the NBA) this season, but something tells me this is a sleeping giant. Or maybe it's just that Nowitzki still suits up for them.

2. Carmelo Anthony has posted a 10.9 PER playing with Jeremy Lin so far.
    That's not a typo. In 122 minutes -- admittedly, a microscopic sample size -- Anthony has been about as productive as a 10th man while sharing the court with the New York Knicks' sensational point guard. It would be one thing if the Knicks were thriving with Anthony sliding over to be a co-pilot, but the offense has scored a putrid 96.3 points per 100 possessions with Lin and Anthony taking the floor. That's not a good omen, especially with coach Mike D'Antoni being known as an offensive genius.

This will take time, there's no question about it. But Anthony put on a smiling face all during All-Star Weekend knowing he's been a mess next to Lin, averaging just 15 points per 36 minutes in the three games that he's been on the floor with him. It's way too early to raise the red flag just yet, but keep an eye on Anthony's production next to Lin and how he handles the scrutiny if the struggles continue.

3. LeBron James' PER by month: December: 39.1, January: 31.2, February: 31.1.
    If it holds, James' 32.4 PER will be the best we've ever seen in the NBA. Wilt Chamberlain topped out at 31.8 in two seasons and Michael Jordan peaked at 31.7 in a crazy productive 1987-88. But at the break, James currently has them both beat thanks to his unearthly line of 27.4 points, 8.1 rebounds, 6.8 assists and 1.8 steals on 55 percent shooting. All that in a career-low 36.7 minutes per game.

Judging by his nearly identical rating in January and February, James has shown no signs of slowing down any time soon. His hyperactivity combined with the condensed schedule might finally take a toll on his body, but if anyone can withstand the rigors of the lockout-shortened schedule, it's No. 6 with the Miami Heat. Should James produce the best statistical season on record, it will be fascinating to see how many voters still feel burned by his decision to join Miami and thus deny him a top MVP vote.

4. Monta Ellis' on/off court net rating past four seasons: minus-3.2, minus-7.4, minus-11.5, minus-1.9
    Despite his gaudy point totals, the Golden State Warriors have been better with Ellis sitting on the bench for each of the past four seasons, as evidenced by his yearly net ratings. This season, the Warriors have not only been better, but they've been a winning team with Ellis riding the pine, outscoring opponents 682-679 with their so-called franchise player absent.

Ellis continues to be one of the more explosive and talented scoring guards in the league, but he needs to find a team with a stellar defensive frontcourt to mask his gambling and otherwise underwhelming defense. Because it's not working out in Golden State. It hasn't worked out for years. Every time I watch the Warriors these days, I can't help but think of the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Will the Warriors cut a deal and stop running in place?

5. Kobe Bryant per-game averages in Jan.: 39.1 mins, 31.2 points. In Feb.: 38.4 mins, 25.6 points.
    Something's got to give. There's no legitimate reason that a team sporting Bryant, Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol should have trouble scoring, but the truth is that the Los Angeles Lakers have thrown out about a league-average offense this season (14th in NBA in offensive efficiency). Apparently, that's what an $88 million payroll gets you these days.

Bryant has been playing four minutes more per game than he did last season and has posted his worst shooting percentage since he was a teenager fumbling his way through the league. I get that he's scoring a league-leading 28.4 points per game, but at what cost? The trends for the 33-year-old have pointed south, and thanks to his price tag, the Lakers have no choice but to continue to build around him. Bryant may still be among the best players in the league, but this situation will get worse before it gets better. Unless the Lakers make a move.

6. Nikola Pekovic over his past 10 games: 17.2 points and 10.3 rebounds.
    Better jump on the bandwagon now, because it's filling up quickly. "Pek-sanity" may not be hogging your local newspaper's headlines, but this guy has been playing nothing short of incredible over the past few weeks since finally taking over the Minnesota Timberwolves' starting gig from Darko Milicic. There are a gazillion eye-popping stats on Pekovic's résumé, but this one is particularly striking: The Minnesota offense has been 13 points per 100 possessions better with Pekovic on the floor compared to Milicic.

Pekovic's style of play makes Kevin Love look like a featherweight underneath the rim, but it's not all just bumps and bruises. The 26-year-old has been an efficiency marvel this season, posting a 62.4 true shooting percentage and a 22.4 PER in just his second year in the league. Now that the Timberwolves have finally scrapped the Milicic project for Pekovic, it's time we all appreciated the Timberwolves for what they are: a legitimate playoff-caliber team.

7. February minutes for Lawson-Miller-Gallinari-Harrington-Nene: 2
    If you're wondering how the Denver Nuggets went from championship contenders to outside the playoffs in just a month's time, just take a look at the note above. That five-man lineup has been outrageously successful for the Nuggets this season (plus-28 in 40 minutes overall), but recent injuries to Danilo Gallinari, Ty Lawson and Nene have sent the team into a tailspin.

If the Nuggets have any hope of rallying back into the forefront of the West, they desperately need the all members of that lineup to be healthy. Lawson, Gallinari and Nene are absolutely essential to the Nuggets' attack, and we're starting to see how devastating the condensed schedule has been for Denver. The team might have been able to absorb a 4-10 month in a regular 82-game season, but with a surging Timberwolves squad and only 31 games remaining, time might be running out.

8. Over 50 regulars had a higher usage rate than Dwight Howard over their past 10 games.
    The Orlando Magic didn't exactly come off a high note before playing host at the All-Star break, scoring just 78 points in a loss against the division rival Atlanta Hawks. But what's perplexing about that game was that Howard finished with just seven field goals and five free throws in the contest. Howard is their superstar player who is fully capable of being the No. 1 option, as he proved last season, but he hasn't been getting superstar touches recently.

Over the Magic's past 10 games, Howard posted a 22.2 usage rate, meaning he used fewer than a quarter of the team's possessions while on the floor. It might be an imperfect measure of touches, but that's not an inspiring figure if you're a Magic fan hoping to keep Howard. Orlando's Stan Van Gundy is one of the league's most intelligent coaches, but if the team wants a happy Howard going forward, it might be worth diagramming some extra plays for him.

9. The Thunder's most-used lineup has a worse offensive rating than the Charlotte Bobcats'. The Oklahoma City Thunder are rolling, and it's hard to poke holes in a team that has more wins than every team not named the Miami Heat. But how long can they keep throwing out that starting lineup with Thabo Sefolosha? It's not worth getting worked up about who starts and who doesn't, but it is worth getting worked up about who plays and who doesn't. When Sefolosha returns from injury, it'll be interesting to see whether Scott Brooks tinkers with his rotation.

So far, the Thunder's starting lineup of Russell Westbrook, Sefolosha, Kevin Durant, Serge Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins has played more minutes than any of their other lineups, and it's currently averaging 95.5 points per 100 possessions, the worst rate among their 12 most frequent lineups. And get this: That's still six points better than what that unit did in the playoffs last season. They've locked down on defense, but come playoff time, it's probably worth giving James Harden a few more minutes for some offensive injection.

10. PER over last 10 games: Taj Gibson 21.1, Carlos Boozer 21.8, Joakim Noah 22.9.
    How have the Chicago Bulls survived while Derrick Rose has been sidelined? Look at the above trio. There's no question that the Bulls are better off with Rose healthy, but they've been able to maintain their torrid pace without him thanks to the monster performance from their front line. Noah, especially, has been playing some inspired ball recently with a triple-double in the team's final game before the break.

If the Bulls want to get over the hump and into the Finals, they need to see Boozer maintain his scoring output. The rebounds will need to pick up at some point, but more of a concern is that Rose often played like he was going 1-vs.-5 against the powerhouses. The Bulls' depth underneath has been a huge asset thus far in 2011-12, but the uptick in production could give the Bulls organization more confidence that they won't be spread too thin should they flip a couple of their rocks in a potential deal for Mr. Howard.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    Lol the dunk contest sucked. Jumping over a motor cycle? Now which NBA player couldn't do that? The two basketball dunk was the best dunk of the night.
    U hear them talking about a $1mil prize on PTI yesterday? That would be sick, Durant said stars need to be in it again too, maybe it means he will do it next year. just image, Durant, LeBron, Howard, Griffen all out $1mil dunk contest. Ratings for that would be the best the NBA has ever seen (as long as Lin is in it for some reason)

Do any of you guys know a bug or something in itunes or iphone 4 that keeps ringtones and music in your phone even when you click don't sync tones and music? It's pissing me off. Maybe the jailbreak is the problem?
    for a second i forgot this was an ios board, lol, but no i have no idea never had that happen to me, but my 4s isnt free atm.

Nice article, I really hope the Nuggets can make the playoffs and be healthy, and the Bulls would (or should) be happy to take Ellis or Howard off those teams hands, and wow on that PER for those three. Taj is really playing well, if he keeps getting better he will be a great starting PF, sometimes he really plays like an all star too, has serious moves towards the basket (take not Boozer) and always goes up strong.

Thanks

It would be awesome if the stars were in it but I don't think they should get $1mil. Unless they have to donate all of it to different charities.

Ellis and Howard are good where they're at lol. Do you think the Bulls would risk the team chemistry and trade for Howard? They're playing really well this season.

Thanks

I hear Rasheed Wallace may sign with Lakers. Can he still play?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I hear Rasheed Wallace may sign with Lakers. Can he still play?
    He hasn't played in almost 2 years and when he last played with the Celtics, they said he was disruptive in the Locker room. As a person who dislikes the Lakers, I hope they sign that washed up POS lol.

Thanks

lol, I'm sure

Thanks

It would be awesome if the stars were in it but I don't think they should get $1mil. Unless they have to donate all of it to different charities.

Ellis and Howard are good where they're at lol. Do you think the Bulls would risk the team chemistry and trade for Howard? They're playing really well this season.
    Idk, its a hard decision to make, and it depends on what you have to give up. I don't expect them to be willing to trade Noah, and definitely not Deng. Too bad Noah hasn't been playing this good all year otherwise he would have been an all-star along with Deng and Rose. Could you imagine if they got both though and didn't have to mortgage everything? Rose, Ellis, Deng, Noah, Howard, and Ripman of the year Hamilton (if he gets healthy lol). Howard would probably cost Noah and some though, and letting any other bigmen go with him would be to damaging to the rotation. It would have to be Butler or Mirotic and a 1st round pick or even 2 leaving it to be Rose, Rip, Deng, Boozer, Howard. And for Ellis they would want Noah, which isn't worth it. Maybe if they could get him for Asik, Korver and a 1st rd pick, but then there is some cap issues. I doubt Howard will be traded to Chicago, its possible that he would sign here if boozer was amnestied, as long as he would be willing to sign for a little pay cut, cant give him the max. And Ellis has always said the Bulls are his first choice if he becomes a FA, and he would take a pay cut if he had too to come here, so I doubt they trade for him either (if the front office even things he would fit in, which I do...)

All in all, Howard will resign with the Magic on the 14th IMO, no where to go really, even in FA. The Nets would still be weak with no bench (and no solid ownership/management to obtain a bench) and the Mavs would be torn apart if Williams and Howard went there. They wouldn't be able to compete for a title the first year, maybe even two and by then who knows whats left in Dirk.

Yea, I wish they would donate it to charity, but whatever it takes to get the ratings up I expect the NBA to try to do.

Thanks

for the dunk contest:
    1. Have the stars compete by force if needed.
    2. Bring back the dunk attempts limit. I dont like that a contestant has 2 minutes to make a dunk.
    3. JUDGES. This method of having the world vote for the winner...NO. Twitter is bad.
    2 and 3 doesnt matter as long as 1 happens. These no namers were horrible

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    for the dunk contest:
    1. Have the stars compete by force if needed.
    2. Bring back the dunk attempts limit. I dont like that a contestant has 2 minutes to make a dunk.
    3. JUDGES. This method of having the world vote for the winner...NO. Twitter is bad.
    2 and 3 doesnt matter as long as 1 happens. These no namers were horrible
    nah, I like all three. Force won't work though, players association wouldn't let it. and if they can't do that dunk cause its to hard for them, well do something you can do and practice the dunk more. yes judges are needed, evans was not the best there, jumping over a midget... especially after two other guys jumped over ppl. at least Paul George one up'd Buddinger by jumping over two guys, both bigger than Diddy.

Wow, just went to read ESPN's top 500 list, Rose at 8, was the list selected by a random number generator or something? Easily T3, maybe even 2nd.
    Last edited by davebu; 02-28-2012 at 12:30 PM.