+ Reply
Page 251 of 316 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241249250251252253 261 301 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 6306

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Official NBA Thread

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by davebu I guess its not happening, Lin is in the Shooting Stars Competition... how boring... Better than nothing I guess. Oh and he'll be throwing lobs to
...
  1. #5001
    The Basketball Guru punjabi212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,056
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 167 Times in 113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by davebu View Post
    I guess its not happening, Lin is in the Shooting Stars Competition... how boring...
    Better than nothing I guess. Oh and he'll be throwing lobs to Shumpert at the dunk contest too LOL.

  2. #5002
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    Better than nothing I guess. Oh and he'll be throwing lobs to Shumpert at the dunk contest too LOL.
    still disappointing... Kenny at least tried, who knows maybe they will give in last minute lol

  3. #5003
    The Basketball Guru punjabi212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,056
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 167 Times in 113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by davebu View Post
    still disappointing... Kenny at least tried, who knows maybe they will give in last minute lol
    Where did you read that they rejected it? And when are they picking the teams? Tonight on NBA TV?

  4. #5004
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    Where did you read that they rejected it? And when are they picking the teams? Tonight on NBA TV?
    Didn't read it, assumed that since they announced Lin to be participating in another event and that proposal was made specifically to allow Lin to play they wouldn't double book him like that, especially this season. And yes, tonight, on TNT before the Bulls vs. Celtics game, 2 out of 3 of the selection shows were for Bulls games for those of you keeping score out there.

  5. #5005
    The Basketball Guru punjabi212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,056
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 167 Times in 113 Posts

    Oh alright. I'll probably watch it.

  6. #5006
    The Basketball Guru punjabi212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,056
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 167 Times in 113 Posts

    It's on NBA TV.

    Commisioner Kenny Smith got it done. Lin is eligible to be picked.
    Last edited by punjabi212; 02-16-2012 at 05:20 PM.

  7. #5007
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    It's on NBA TV.

    Commisioner Kenny Smith got it done. Lin is eligible to be picked.
    Hell yea, congrats to Kenny, JLin, and obviously the fans lol so excited.

  8. #5008
    The Basketball Guru punjabi212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,056
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 167 Times in 113 Posts

    I thought Chuck would pick the better team but I think Shaq's team is better.

  9. #5009
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    I thought Chuck would pick the better team but I think Shaq's team is better.
    Chuck definitely won, Cousins, Haywood, Derrick Williams, Paul George, they will dominate the paint so hard. Shaq's team is jump shooters and Blake Griffin for the most part.

  10. #5010
    The Basketball Guru punjabi212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,056
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 167 Times in 113 Posts

    Haywood dominating the paint? Lmao

    Cousins is a joke. No ones gonna want to play with him lol.

  11. #5011
    chi-town fanatic! Paco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    1,429
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts

    Shaq!

  12. #5012
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    Haywood dominating the paint? Lmao

    Cousins is a joke. No ones gonna want to play with him lol.
    Haywood is a damn good slasher.

    Cousins dominated the game last year, hes talented as hell, has attitude problems, but that wont affect a game like this.

  13. #5013
    The Basketball Guru punjabi212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,056
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 167 Times in 113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by davebu View Post
    Haywood is a damn good slasher.

    Cousins dominated the game last year, hes talented as hell, has attitude problems, but that wont affect a game like this.
    He may be a slasher but he won't dominate. Screw the debating, let's just enjoy the game. Not like the players are going to be trying anyways.

    "i don't always start NBA games. But when I do, I never lose. The most LINteresting man in the world." I thought this was a good one.
    Last edited by punjabi212; 02-16-2012 at 06:31 PM.

  14. #5014
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    He may be a slasher but he won't dominate. Screw the debating, let's just enjoy the game. Not like the players are going to be trying anyways.

    "i don't always start NBA games. But when I do, I never lose. The most LINteresting man in the world." I thought this was a good one.
    Lol, true true, but one more thing, of course they wont be trying and Chuck's got more flashy players who can take advantage of easy defense. Shaq's team has more finesse players.

    On another note, wtf is with the officiating, not only in this Bulls Celtics game, but all season. Its horrible, seriously. Wilcox steps on the line and they don't call it out, Rondo puts his own back and they miss a 24 sec call (they reversed that at the next dead ball, thankfully). probably a makeup call on a block foul against Wilcox on the other end of the floor. And thats all within the first half of the first quarter. If only Cuban was watching.

  15. #5015
    The Basketball Guru punjabi212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,056
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 167 Times in 113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by davebu View Post
    Lol, true true, but one more thing, of course they wont be trying and Chuck's got more flashy players who can take advantage of easy defense. Shaq's team has more finesse players.

    On another note, wtf is with the officiating, not only in this Bulls Celtics game, but all season. Its horrible, seriously. Wilcox steps on the line and they don't call it out, Rondo puts his own back and they miss a 24 sec call (they reversed that at the next dead ball, thankfully). probably a makeup call on a block foul against Wilcox on the other end of the floor. And thats all within the first half of the first quarter. If only Cuban was watching.
    Refs have a hard scheule due to the shortend season as well. That's why they're extra sloppy this year.

    I want Shaq's team to win because of my boy Lin lol. I''m glad Shaq took Fields for obvious reasons.

  16. #5016
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    Refs have a hard scheule due to the shortend season as well. That's why they're extra sloppy this year.

    I want Shaq's team to win because of my boy Lin lol. I''m glad Shaq took Fields for obvious reasons.
    Then why haven't they hired more from college, d league, wnba, ect to fill in? i though the refs had a union...

  17. #5017
    The Basketball Guru punjabi212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,056
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 167 Times in 113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by davebu View Post
    Then why haven't they hired more from college, d league, wnba, ect to fill in? i though the refs had a union...
    Ask Stern.

  18. #5018
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    Ask Stern.
    I would but he'll fine me and not let me watch any more games until I pay up

  19. #5019
    The Basketball Guru punjabi212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,056
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 167 Times in 113 Posts

    lol

  20. #5020
    The Basketball Guru punjabi212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,056
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 167 Times in 113 Posts

    JR Smith was a good pick up for the Knicks. Now we don't have to see Bibby putting up bricks.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts