+ Reply
Page 248 of 317 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238246247248249250 258 298 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 6321

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official NBA Thread

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Dang, lakers lost. Kobe had a very rough start.
    Thanks

If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Hard to do it all himself.
    Figures that Bynum is having his best year(thus far) during a season where LA has yet to find its identity.
    Hard to believe this is a team that just last year was bidding for a three-peat.

Thanks

Tonight was just LINcredible.

Kobe was 11-27. I love how he keeps shooting when he's putting up so many bricks.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    Tonight was just LINcredible.

Kobe was 11-27. I love how he keeps shooting when he's putting up so many bricks.
    I'll let him do it when he has that supporting cast

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Lin likes to doubleteam a bit too much
    and he turns the ball over a lot, especially when he gets double teams on him. who was he trying to double team, anyone besides kobe? then thats dumb of him lol.

i cant wait to see what happens when amare and carmelo come back into the lineup though, ik him and amare will be good together, but will melo mesh?

Thanks

In the last 8 games I believe, Kobe has more misses than Bynum has shots.

I'm not giving Kobe the teammates suck pass. Iverson never got that pass and you can't name one decent teammate he had. But still Iverson was a "ball hog" right?

It's not hard to lead the league in scoring if you're putting up 30 shots a game and get to the charity strip mostly because of your name.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

I agree. Kobe is shooting way too much. Especially in the 4th quarter which is why they keep losing at that point. They go completely away from what they were doing for the first 3 quarters and play a kobe isolation game. Best the other can hope for is a offensive put back, which thanks to the length of LA's front court does happen. But not enough.
    What the Lakers need to do in those cases is instead of playing kobe isolation play kobe playmaker. Start the same isolation play but instead of forcing up ridiculous shots against 2 defenders PASS the ball and make something happen. I have only seen this a couple games this year.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I agree. Kobe is shooting way too much. Especially in the 4th quarter which is why they keep losing at that point. They go completely away from what they were doing for the first 3 quarters and play a kobe isolation game. Best the other can hope for is a offensive put back, which thanks to the length of LA's front court does happen. But not enough.
    What the Lakers need to do in those cases is instead of playing kobe isolation play kobe playmaker. Start the same isolation play but instead of forcing up ridiculous shots against 2 defenders PASS the ball and make something happen. I have only seen this a couple games this year.
    I agree. When they go Kobe isolation, they're offense goes in a funk. Kobe has to keep giving Bynum and Gasol touches or else they stop trying.

And what's up with Fisher? I mean he's always been a below average shooter (career 40%) but he's been straight up atrocious this year. 26% from 3 and 35% overall.

Thanks

I love Fisher, but he's just lost too much of his game. I think he can still be a big shot maker in the playoffs but other than that has no business being a starting point guard anymore.

Lakers need a REAL point guard desperately. Probably even more so than getting Dwight.

Thanks

I love Fisher, but he's just lost too much of his game. I think he can still be a big shot maker in the playoffs but other than that has no business being a starting point guard anymore.

Lakers need a REAL point guard desperately. Probably even more so than getting Dwight.
    Definitely more than Dwight, Bynumn is more than good enough, and hes only going to get better. Fisher was never good, they got him for his defense, the triangle offense does not use a true PG, but the new offense does and thats why they need a PG now. I don't know what they are waiting on there are plenty of opportunities around..

Thanks

Fisher was never good? They may have a couple less championships without Fisher. Dont agree with that statement at all.

Thanks

Fisher was never good? They may have a couple less championships without Fisher. Dont agree with that statement at all.
    Fisher was never a top 20 PG in the league at any time. He made some big shots but to say they would have a couple less championships without him? That's a HUGE over-statement.

Thanks

Fisher was never a top 20 PG in the league at any time. He made some big shots but to say they would have a couple less championships without him? That's a HUGE over-statement.
    Never said he was top 20. But he was a good solid point guard.

Would you like me to name exactly which championships they wouldnt have won without him? I can. Most recent being that last one against Celtics. Game 3 he carried the Lakers in the fourth quarter winning that game for them. If Lakers had lost that game they would have been down 2-1 with two more games still to come in Boston.

Thanks

Never said he was top 20. But he was a good solid point guard.

Would you like me to name exactly which championships they wouldnt have won without him? I can. Most recent being that last one against Celtics. Game 3 he carried the Lakers in the fourth quarter winning that game for them. If Lakers had lost that game they would have been down 2-1 with two more games still to come in Boston.

Thanks

He wasn't a true PG and he wasn't a scoring PG, he was good defensively and allowed for Kobe to get more touches and facilitate more, which is what they needed. The Bulls didn't have a true or scoring PG with Phil either. I doubt they would have won any less without Fisher, he wasn't a game changer.

They would have won all of the same that they did if they had a different starter. He never was anything special, he would never have had a single ring without Kobe.
    Last edited by davebu; 02-11-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Thanks

Not a game changer? Wow. You guys have no idea the amount of big shots he has hit in the playoffs. That one example I gave against Celtics was huge, and that was for a whole quarter. I am almost 100% sure LA would not have won that series without winning that game.

Being one of the best players or even PG in the league is not mutually exclusive to being a game changer. Ask Robert Horry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by davebu View Post
    They would have won all of the same that they did if they had a different starter. He never was anything special, he would never have had a single ring without Kobe.
    Of course he wouldnt. But Kobe would have had at least one less without him.

Thanks

But he wasn't a game changer, a big shot wouldn't have been needed if they had a guy who could shoot the ball. I'd take a guy shooting 50%+ over a guy shooting under 40% who hit a handful in clutch situations, obviously the league agrees thats why LeBron is one of the most coveted players, despite not having that clutch ability.

They wouldn't have needed someone to hit a clutch shot if he didn't miss 4 open looks a skilled player would have hit. So one quarter he was actually playing like an NBA player and you're calling him a game changer? If they had another starting quality PG they would have been able to win just as well, probably easier too. He fit that team's profile but him even at his best wouldn't fit the new Lakers style.

Oh, and they can talk as much as they want about needing a PG, but they need a bench too. Other teams are just to deep for them to get it done. If they end up trading for a PG they will be even less deep (unless they go for someone like Sessions). Best case scenario is try to get someone in free agency.

Thanks

I guess we should just agree to disagree then. We are both dealing in a whole bunch of woulda coulda shoulda's. I see what he did, that won them a few games along the way through the years. You may be right another better point guard could have done the same or better. But that doesnt take away what Fisher did. I am calling what I saw and I saw him change those games. Simple as that.

And I am not alone, I have seen many people and sports writers say the same. And not just Lakers fans.

Thanks

@davebu +1

Laker's bench is useless. The laker's bench averages around 20 ppg. That are some mediocre numbers IMO
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

Lakers bench is awful. Need a point guard. Need a better bench. Need a lot of things.