+ Reply
Page 247 of 316 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237245246247248249 257 297 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,940 of 6312

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official NBA Thread

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Off to Cleveland to see my Mavs. Closest they're coming to Rochester all year...
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Off to Cleveland to see my Mavs. Closest they're coming to Rochester all year...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    They don't play @Raptors this year?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    They don't play @Raptors this year?
    Not in Toronto, it got axed with the shortened season.

Thanks

Odom looks like even more of a bum in person, he has to go!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,090 Times in 6,938 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Odom looks like even more of a bum in person, he has to go!
    Give him back

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Give him back
    That'd be nice.

Thanks

Give him back
    I would absolutely love to. He's a complete liability to our team.

Sigh, that was a frustrating game to be at. I'm glad it wound up being a close game though bc the three buddies that came with me from Rochester had never been to an NBA game before and they absolutely loved it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I know its been only a handful of games, but what is going on in NY? I saw the game against Boston and most of the game against the Jazz, Lin has a lot of potential. He reminds me of Rondo a lot, both by the way he plays and by what he could potentially mean to his team. Without Rondo it is doubtful that they would have been able to be as good as they were, the Knicks needed a PG and for the past three games they have had one. He obviously has a lot to learn, he is pretty bad at reacting to double teams and can turn it over in streaks. I'm not going to ask if any of you think he's going to be a top tier PG or anything like that, or even most improved player, just do you keep starting him? Even after Davis returns? Is he only playing so well because other teams haven't figured him out yet?

I think you keep playing him, so far the only option they really have, and Davis probably won't do anything even if he returns. Idk if you can say that other teams haven't figured him out yet, he took it to Williams pretty good. Knicks fans sure jumped on the JLin bandwagon pretty fast, shirts, signs, everything at tonight's game lol.

Oh, and another thing, are the Bulls the only team with good announcers? Can't stand most of these announcers, so boring...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davebu View Post
    I know its been only a handful of games, but what is going on in NY? I saw the game against Boston and most of the game against the Jazz, Lin has a lot of potential. He reminds me of Rondo a lot, both by the way he plays and by what he could potentially mean to his team. Without Rondo it is doubtful that they would have been able to be as good as they were, the Knicks needed a PG and for the past three games they have had one. He obviously has a lot to learn, he is pretty bad at reacting to double teams and can turn it over in streaks. I'm not going to ask if any of you think he's going to be a top tier PG or anything like that, or even most improved player, just do you keep starting him? Even after Davis returns? Is he only playing so well because other teams haven't figured him out yet?

I think you keep playing him, so far the only option they really have, and Davis probably won't do anything even if he returns. Idk if you can say that other teams haven't figured him out yet, he took it to Williams pretty good. Knicks fans sure jumped on the JLin bandwagon pretty fast, shirts, signs, everything at tonight's game lol.

Oh, and another thing, are the Bulls the only team with good announcers? Can't stand most of these announcers, so boring...
    Jeremy Lin has been great the last two games but it's only two games. Don't compare him to anyone yet.

A Bulls fan thinking that the Bulls announcers are the best? Hmmm I wonder if you're being biased? LOL
    Everybody thinks their guys are the best. That's just they way it works.

Oh and I've heard Lin has outplayed Baron in practice.

BTW the Giants parade was awesome. No one does it like NYC!!!
    Last edited by punjabi212; 02-07-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Thanks

Jeremy Lin has been great the last two games but it's only two games. Don't compare him to anyone yet.

A Bulls fan thinking that the Bulls announcers are the best? Hmmm I wonder if you're being biased? LOL
    Everybody thinks their guys are the best. That's just they way it works.

Oh and I've heard Lin has outplayed Baron in practice.

BTW the Giants parade was awesome. No one does it like NYC!!!
    I wouldn't know, havent been to a championship parade before, missed the '05 whitesox (yea best mlb team ever, don't dispute that, lost 1 playoff game (the one I went to...) and had the highest margin of victory in playoffs) parade, forgot about the blackhawks cuz, uh hockey is still on tv? and was to young to remember the 100 parades jordan gave us lol. I imagine it became difficult to mix things up.

Anyways, I didn't mean to compare Lin to Rondo talent wise, but his role to the team could be what Rondo's was earlier in the Big Three. Yup, only two games (yet he has a huge following already lol), and we'll see if teams adjusting to him will completely shut him down and remove him from memory, but I doubt it, I expect him to avg. 9+pts, 6ast. I don't see him keeping that 27ppg average up with both the big boys in there.

Either way, a competitive Knicks team can only be good for basketball, lets just see how 2k12 adjusts Lin's player rating.

Lol, those Knicks announcers were kinda boring, the Grizzlies announcers were horrible, Blazers were boring as well. Should keep a list of all the ones I've heard, but overall nothing special. Make sure u watch the Bulls next time there on NBA TV and tell me Stacy King and Neil Funk don't entertain you.

Thanks

I like the Lakers announcers (although really miss Chick Hearn, he was great). Most announcers I find fine, there was one duo that was extremely bias, Milwaukee maybe, cant remember. They were awful. Best announcers are those that call it like they see it with as little bias as possible.

Thanks

All about good ol' Johnny 'Red' Kerr back in the day with Chicago.

Thanks

I like the Lakers announcers (although really miss Chick Hearn, he was great). Most announcers I find fine, there was one duo that was extremely bias, Milwaukee maybe, cant remember. They were awful. Best announcers are those that call it like they see it with as little bias as possible.
    I don't have a problem with them calling it like they see it (Grizzlies were really biased), just there was no flare to it. Their color commentary is just bad. It is pretty hard for me to say if the Bulls announcers are biased, maybe you guys can comment on that next time there on NBA TV. The Bulls announcers make you wanna listen to them, I always tune into them over ESPN or TNT when their on. They are funny while doing everything they are supposed to do.

Oh and to add, college basketball has some good entertaining announcers, ESPN/TNT are pretty good, better than most teams.

Also, I wanted to post this from an article by Sam Smith (Bulls' Deng deserving of an All-Star nod | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE CHICAGO BULLS). "But if Deng still isn’t an All-Star with the Bulls basically having the best record in the league all season, then Rose has to be the league’s best player by far." Definitely true, Durant is doing it with Westbrook (allstar last year, and 99% sure this year), James with wade and bosh (perennial allstars) but Rose is going it alone.

Not that I say Rose should repeat as MVP for sure, but that if Deng isn't an allstar then fans definitely shouldn't vote anymore and coaches probably shouldn't either. I know the 76ers deserve an allstar, but Deng is better than iggy in every aspect of the game. Its pretty easily accepted that he is one of the best defenders, but his offense is well overlooked. The only 3s that have a better offensive game this year? LeBron, Durant, Pierce, and Gallinari. Carmelo and Iggy have pretty bad fg%s but are scoring more.
    Last edited by davebu; 02-07-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davebu View Post
    I wouldn't know, havent been to a championship parade before, missed the '05 whitesox (yea best mlb team ever, don't dispute that, lost 1 playoff game (the one I went to...) and had the highest margin of victory in playoffs) parade, forgot about the blackhawks cuz, uh hockey is still on tv? and was to young to remember the 100 parades jordan gave us lol. I imagine it became difficult to mix things up.

Anyways, I didn't mean to compare Lin to Rondo talent wise, but his role to the team could be what Rondo's was earlier in the Big Three. Yup, only two games (yet he has a huge following already lol), and we'll see if teams adjusting to him will completely shut him down and remove him from memory, but I doubt it, I expect him to avg. 9+pts, 6ast. I don't see him keeping that 27ppg average up with both the big boys in there.

Either way, a competitive Knicks team can only be good for basketball, lets just see how 2k12 adjusts Lin's player rating.

Lol, those Knicks announcers were kinda boring, the Grizzlies announcers were horrible, Blazers were boring as well. Should keep a list of all the ones I've heard, but overall nothing special. Make sure u watch the Bulls next time there on NBA TV and tell me Stacy King and Neil Funk don't entertain you.
    Haha I know what you mean. It's Lin fever here in NYC. I hope he could just be at least 75% of what Rondo is. If he masters the pick n roll, he will definitely be a starter.

You didn't like the Knicks guys? Was Mike Breen calling the game? I like him as he does ESPN and Knicks ones too. Walt Frazier is boring though.

The worst IMO has to be the Suns. The one guy was calling KG a monkey. You can dislike players but you can't them monkeys.

What's Hockey?

Thanks

Haha I know what you mean. It's Lin fever here in NYC. I hope he could just be at least 75% of what Rondo is. If he masters the pick n roll, he will definitely be a starter.

You didn't like the Knicks guys? Was Mike Breen calling the game? I like him as he does ESPN and Knicks ones too. Walt Frazier is boring though.

The worst IMO has to be the Suns. The one guy was calling KG a monkey. You can dislike players but you can't them monkeys.

What's Hockey?
    Lol, the Knicks was fine, idk maybe I didn't even notice the announcers with Lin going crazy with 28. That monkey comment was a little out of context, he was referring to his long arms, it was perceived racist but I don't think he meant it that way at all.

So how about OKC being gifted another win by questionable officiating. I'd say completely horrible calls, obviously that was a block by LA, and a definite foul on Westbrook elbowing Ellis in the face, no question there was no moving pick by Lee, he didn't touch him. I watched it multiple times. If the Warriors new owner wants to be as intense as Cuban do you think he needs to come out and take things like this into his hands? He says he wants to change the image of the team, make it a free agent destination, be an aggressive active owner, isn't that why everyone loves Cuban, he straight up tells the truth, even if he gets fined.

Like I said earlier, the Warriors can beat any team, especially at home. I doubt Ellis will stay with them after his contract is up, unless they can seriously turn this team around, which I thought they would, and still wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Thanks

Going to see LINsanity live tonight. GO KNICKS!!!

Thanks

Boo Knicks

Thanks

2nd quarter and kobe has only 6 pts, while Lin has 10 sigh
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

Just another Laker game.....:/

Thanks

Lin likes to doubleteam a bit too much