Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple needs a reality check

Post Apple needs a reality check
    I am the owner of an Apple iphone 3g and I am also a customer of a wireless(cellular) telephone service provider. It is the simple reality that dictates my opinions of and decisions about the quality and value I receive from the use of each on an individual level.
    Even simpler, I am paying a telephone company to provider with a means to communicate. If I am able to use their service when I need to use the service, being able to clearly hear and be heard by the party I'm talking to, without interuptions at a price I feel is appropriate I am happy to continue paying for their services until a time comes that I am not happy. when I am not happy I will discontinue giving them my business opting for the business that will.
    I don't think any differently when it comes to Apple. They provide me with a telephone to buy. I buy and therefore become the owner of the product they have supplied and am free to do with it whatever I please. I own it. It is mine. Just as when you buy a car. As soon as you buy a car you are free to with it as you please. Even if the local road laws state that you are not to exceed a certain speed limit, as the owner of that car you are still free to drive faster than that restriction if that is what you want to do with your property. I wouldn't buy a car that won't allow me to drive it at the rate of speed I want to drive it at, especially when I know that it is capable of exceeding that restriction 10 fold.
    I wouldn't buy a car that restricts me from using 75% of its capability and I certainly wouldn't buy a phone that only allows me to use 25% of its capability. But that seems to be the collective mentality that is what makes up the company that is Apple. When I am holding in my hand a device that I know is capable of computation that exceeds by 10 the computational abilities of the device that has been used to take man to the surface of the moon and back to earth safely I am in awe. I want to see it work. I want to see what it can do. I begin to resent and even hate the restrictions that force me stay within the boundries of the atmosphere and at the earliest oppurtunity I get I will buy and own some others companies device that won't restrict me.
    As a consumer all I see in the myriads of time wasting, annoying and outright destructive games Apple seems to be playing with the small community of people who put a lot of time, energy, and I don't doubt some of them at some time even tears into simply allowing the device to be free to go as far as it possibly can go.
    Apple really needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Get a grip on reality because if they don't one day they'll open their eyes to see that the wireless cellular service provider that is sucking their c*ck today here on terra firma has been replaced by a rubber doll and the service providers are now floating in the sky on blimps p*ss*ng down on them for fun while the rest of humanity has progressed into the farthest reaches of space, and is getting it on, doing the wild thing and forgotten all about them.
    And here I sit, been to 4.2, got forced back to 4.1 with half the funtionallity, scared to back to 4.2 even though though its the only choice Apple allows.
    Grow up Apple. Wake up Apple. Stop playing a childs game because reality is standing right behind you.
    This post is offered up copyright free. Please feel free to use and distributed all or any portion of it as is seen fit

All i can say is WOW
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riverratt View Post
    And here I sit, been to 4.2, got forced back to 4.1 with half the funtionallity, scared to back to 4.2 even though though its the only choice Apple allows.
    Grow up Apple. Wake up Apple. Stop playing a childs game because reality is standing right behind you.
    How does 4.1 offer half the functionality? Obviously you haven't been around for very long, I've been around since 1.1.4

Quit being a child and next time read before you update

Apple doesn't care if there customers want to downgrade, Apple knows that the only 2 reasons to downgrade are to Jailbreak and Unlock Duh

So they bring updates out that make the upgrade more desirable so people like you will retarding update and lock up there iPhones get a life

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (12-04-2010)

Thanks

This thread requires a:

Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to awesomeSlayer For This Useful Post:

ikesmasher (12-04-2010), moon#pie (12-04-2010)

"...I am happy to continue paying for their services until a time comes that I am not happy."

Uh, no ****!

you bought this phone know that it was a closed platform. If you want to jailbreak and get that x10 performance you are talking about, you're going to get the battery life that comes with it; 20mins.

Twitter: @tshoults

I agree with this article, if I couldn't jailbreak, i probably wouldn't have an iPhone. The only reasons i have one is because of jailbreaking and that it is an iPod and a phone, so i don't need both
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Well, whether we all agree or disagree with this tidbit of information, it's not like it matters. There's not going to be a day where Apple says F this, let the world have their jailbreak! I won't hinder them any longer!

It's not going to get easier, it's not going to go away, the quicker we accept that and let the devs do their thing, the easier time we can have to enjoy out iPhones

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It's so funny that the only people that complain like this are people that own an iPhone 3G. Y'all have to understand this phone is OLD! It came out 2 1/2 years ago! Apple is writing software for 2010/2011 hardware. Get over yourselves and upgrade your ancient piece of crap phone.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

aaauustiinnn (12-04-2010), moon#pie (12-04-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    It's so funny that the only people that complain like this are people that own an iPhone 3G. Y'all have to understand this phone is OLD! It came out 2 1/2 years ago! Apple is writing software for 2010/2011 hardware. Get over yourselves and upgrade your ancient piece of crap phone.
    Very true lmao
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Apple needs a reality check
    YOU need a reality check. Apple has accomplished in 3 years since 2007 what it took Nokia 20 years to do, just recently overcoming the impossible task of largest smartphone producer in the world in 36 months from never selling a phone in their life. Evidently they are doing things just right for the "rest of the world"......minus one.

....and if it doesn't work for YOU...... Sell it.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

14. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (12-04-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    YOU need a reality check. Apple has accomplished in 3 years since 2007 what it took Nokia 20 years to do, just recently overcoming the impossible task of largest smartphone producer in the world in 36 months from never selling a phone in their life. Evidently they are doing things just right for the "rest of the world"......minus one.

This is very true!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

I see where you're coming from, and I want to agree... But at the end of the day, it really is Apple's call. Think about it. Apple manages to keep viruses out of their stuff. How? They're anal. In addition, they keep their battery life as high as it can possibly be by moderating what apps do what and how they do it. They're not trying to be a big ol' douche, they're trying to keep their phone what they designed it to do. And they make their phone work as well as it can with the hardware it has.

We take big risks when jailbreaking. That's our prerogative. If we didn't have to hide in the shadows and be extra careful as to how long we hold down the sleep button/home button while breaking, or pray we don't brick our phone, then Apple would probably be allowing all of the things that we run over glass to get.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post

Can't agree with you more!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

This argument is nearly one-sided. Maybe this thread should be closed.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Nope. I moved it to the chit-chat section so he could get real opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer View Post
    This thread requires a:

Okay. I admit, I tend to agree. And I'm the the one that originally started this thread. Lol.
    I've since upgraded to a 3gs(because the 3G suffered a catastrophic accidental destructive incident and nothing more) and still stand by the statements I made relating to wanting to see what an iPhone can do without restricting its capabilities. That much is true.
    Apperently u was having a bad day when this thread was originally made. Funny.
    I'm glad to see that it's generating discussion still.