+ Reply
Page 116 of 130 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106114115116117118 126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2586

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gaming Thread (Official )

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
I really don't see one on my end. Just don't understand how Xbox people still have to pay to play bah
    2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

I really don't see one on my end. Just don't understand how Xbox people still have to pay to play bah

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TTGSteve View Post
    I want everyone's opinion:

What's the biggest disappointment for this generation of gaming?
    The gear towards focus on multiplayer when single player games built the business. I prefer single player games mostly because online strangers are majority idiots. If you make a game put some focus into single player not just 3 hours of buggy hell while multiplayer was all the focus.

Also agree somewhat with 2k. Xbox paid service offers some stable connection but for things like Netflix they are losing ground because you have to pay to just use Netflix (not including netflix subscriptions itself). That is why Netflix announced ps3 as the number one streaming device this year for them; beating out the wii. Xbox could easily take that with the Kinect controls.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Yep^^^^ totally agree

Can't seem how they pay for it. And the controller is just yuck to big and I have big hands.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TTGSteve View Post
    I want everyone's opinion:

What's the biggest disappointment for this generation of gaming?
    The fact that developers are obessed with money and not with creating a legacy, therefore feel the need to copy every other successful game. Regardless whether people think halo 4 is a good game, it obviously and undeniably took inspiration from COD. Every game seems to be becoming a clone of what is now the generic video game, and like cer0 said, single player games arent even focused on. I realize i have been primarily a multiplayer gamer since i got my xbox since single player games have been terribly disappointing.

I feel like online multiplayer has destroyed gaming. You don't sit next to the person you play with anymore. Its all about making money and never about making a rememberable game.

Thats why i find myself going back to gamecube and n64 games sometimes. Its not just the nostalgia rush, its playing something for the sheer enjoyment of it, forgetting any petty rudeness and not taking things too seriously. I read an article that put it well. Video games have become less a toy or a hobby and more a pasttime or profession. Its not a bad thing, but whats bad is the results of this, the developers trying to keep the cash flow coming in instead of making themselves amazing. I know you need to make profits, but nintendo managed before online multiplayer. So dead PS2. and xbox. And for a while, atari. Sega.

I still find myself playing video games out of boredom, but the golden days are far behind. I rarely am able to find A single player game i enjoy, and when most end, i dont feel a sense of completion. Questions left unanswered and stories left untold. Endings that don't satisfy and stale gameplay. Most single players feel inspired for the first fifth of it, then loose focus from inspiration to completion and profit.

Online multiplayer could use A new focus. There needs to be games that you really feel next to the person on the other side of the country. This CAN be accomplished through gameplay. Multiplayer games that are more focused on the experience, the good feeling you get when you pull something amazing off, without being worried about a petty K/D ratio, and therefore resorting to name calling, abuse of game mechanics, lack of player interest in trying anything new.

I grew up with the nintendo 64 and the gamecube, arguably after the golden days of gaming from certain points of view. Still could play competitively but not to the point of frustration. Its frustrating to me to see people get mad at video games, and then keep playing. Its like they miss the point.

So basically, the greatest disappointment for this generation of gaming, in my opinion, is the motive of money, the lack of inspiration from the part of the developers, and this attitude among most gamers that ignores the new, refuses to try anything outside the popularity box, and sheer consumer ignorance that they are being abused. Developers looking at multiplayer as an easier path of replay value even though there are huge possibilites for weeks of gameplay in single player. Look at oblivion. Skyrim, i suppose. You dont have to make an open world RPG to make a good single player either. Finally, this attitude where "im here because im bored" instead of "im here to have fun".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ikesmasher For This Useful Post:

Cer0 (12-13-2012)

Thanks
    Sadly, a lot of companies are trying to implement the CoD style into their video game just so they can hit the CoD numbers. It's unfortunate, but it's definitely true. Everyone focuses way too much on trying to hit those CoD numbers instead of trying to make a quality product.

Thanks
    Make sure you pick up a copy of Nintendo Power this month, if you're a gaming fan. This is the last issue they're making. I'm going to grab a couple copies -- one to read and one to seal. You may want to get out and pick one up before they're all sold out. This is the end of an era.

Thanks

Doesn't the last copy have a cover almost identical to the first but updated graphics?

Thanks
    Yep.

Gaming Thread (Official )-ninpowerlarge1.jpg

Thanks

Is the poster the same too?

Thanks
    Now that's a good question. It would be awesome if it was.

Thanks

Thanks for reminding me. Saw that a few months back and said i was gonna get one, completely forgot.

And holy crap are they sold out. Hope i can get one at some point.

Thanks
    You're very welcome. Yeah, it's probably going to be tough to find one, but I'm dedicated. The official site was selling them, so you may be able to get one there. However, it may be pretty beat up after coming through the mail.

Thanks

Probs gonna find one on ebay. twice as much but oh well.
    If they werent sold out, id buy two, and keep on perma wrapped in a dust jacket and sell it in 25 years. but who knows.

Thanks
    I'd definitely snag two of them, if at all possible. I'm looking on eBay and I'm seeing the last issue going for like $20+. Dang, I hope I can still find some in stores. On another note, I'm seeing the first issue of Nintendo Power going anywhere from $150-$300. Man, I'd probably have to hold onto something like that. It's a true piece of gaming history.

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Xbox > PS3 for me simply because of private party chat. I also don't like the PS3 controller, but that us pure personal preference.

I'm getting a white Vita for Christmas though. Can't wait.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,437 Times in 6,372 Posts

I guess I'm a little surprised at the doom and gloom attitude to the video games of today by some of you. I have been gaming for 30 years now and what you see as the possible death of the video game, I see as the evolution of the gaming community today. Imagine what some of the classics would have been like with an advanced multiplayer experience. I remember having to go to arcades and bowling alleys to play the latests and most popular games. Console games have allowed to bring the gaming experience to a whole new level.

Now I realize that the multiplayer games can be a little harsh, but let's not forget that most of the games that are mentioned above are designed and marketed towards adults. I love some good trash talking during a match. It just adds that extra level of game play that was not possible in the past. The best part, is that you have the ability to be fully immersed in it and participate in the full multiplayer experience or to just mute everyone and play as if you were playing a single player game. It also allows for a different experience every time you play it.

I really like the direction that gaming is taking. I own PS3,Wii and Xbox. I enjoy Xbox the most, but do agree that they are missing the boat with Netflix. Otherwise they do the a good job for online play. PS3 lacks in online gaming, but has some other nice features. And Wii, well enough said there.

I like this thread, too bad I've never seen it before.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SharpieBandit View Post
    Xbox > PS3 for me simply because of private party chat. I also don't like the PS3 controller, but that us pure personal preference.

I'm getting a white Vita for Christmas though. Can't wait.
    When you get your Vita feel free to add me to PSN. I love my Vita. PSN id: Cer0ez

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I guess I'm a little surprised at the doom and gloom attitude to the video games of today by some of you. I have been gaming for 30 years now and what you see as the possible death of the video game, I see as the evolution of the gaming community today. Imagine what some of the classics would have been like with an advanced multiplayer experience. I remember having to go to arcades and bowling alleys to play the latests and most popular games. Console games have allowed to bring the gaming experience to a whole new level.

Now I realize that the multiplayer games can be a little harsh, but let's not forget that most of the games that are mentioned above are designed and marketed towards adults. I love some good trash talking during a match. It just adds that extra level of game play that was not possible in the past. The best part, is that you have the ability to be fully immersed in it and participate in the full multiplayer experience or to just mute everyone and play as if you were playing a single player game. It also allows for a different experience every time you play it.

I really like the direction that gaming is taking. I own PS3,Wii and Xbox. I enjoy Xbox the most, but do agree that they are missing the boat with Netflix. Otherwise they do the a good job for online play. PS3 lacks in online gaming, but has some other nice features. And Wii, well enough said there.

I like this thread, too bad I've never seen it before.
    I have been gaming for a very long time also. I have been through almost all the consoles and devices released since around the first Pong console.

Yes the evolution of gaming is great. I just said the focus to mainly multiplayer is making the emerging experience of single player a thing of past. I am fine if a game has multiplayer but then you leave out a piece of the market if you don't put some focus into single player if the game even has the option. Otherwise just don't make a single player part and go like how MAG did and make it straight out multiplayer. I even owned MAG so I am not fully against multiplayer.

Multiplayer co-op over internet is great feature also. Allows me to play with my gaming friend I have had for over 15 years even though we no longer live in same states.

But like you said everything is preference. I enjoyed my time with my Xboxs but I prefer my PS products. I am fine playing xbox at my buddy's house all the time.

I am almost done with Far Cry 3. Almost got all the trophies too; including the co-op online ones. The first part of the story has been fairly awesome and the crazy really shows of the bad guy but I am nearing the end and it seems to have dropped off the keeping you in the story feel.
    Last edited by Cer0; 12-22-2012 at 07:02 PM.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,437 Times in 6,372 Posts

Ah yes, I miss my pong game with my 12" black and white tv. Oh I bet we could just converse for days. Kids today don't know what it was like in the beginning.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

I may not been born upon those releases. I will be 30 next year. But like I said I have been a gamer forever; even when I was little having consoles like that. I appricated all the consoles released. Even if it was the eye pain of a Nintendo Virtual Boy. Or the Telstar my dad grabbed at a garage sale when I was young.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-23-2012)

Thanks

It's not the games fault.

Gaming Thread (Official )-xlarge.jpg