+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SPOILERS] Inception thread [SPOILERS]

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
This is a discussion thread for Inception. Along with many others, I was baffled by this film. I thought it was incredible. Now, concerning the very last scene, do you
    iPhone? More like MyPhone NinetyFour's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [SPOILERS] Inception thread [SPOILERS]
    This is a discussion thread for Inception. Along with many others, I was baffled by this film. I thought it was incredible.

Now, concerning the very last scene, do you guys think its a dream or reality? Some may say that it is a dream, because the children appear the same age at the end as they are in his memories. But, IMDb came to my rescue:

Claire Geare ... Phillipa (3 years)
    Magnus Nolan ... James (20 months)

Taylor Geare ... Phillipa (5 years)
    Johnathan Geare ... James (3 years)

2 different sets of kids were used to play the part of young Phillipa and James, and older Phillipa and James. This is the detail that sold it for me. The end scene was reality.

Post your own theories and questions about this great film.
    Owner of the Unofficial ModMyi Palringo Chat Group. Join today!

We've got information in the information age but do we know what life is outside of our convenient Lexus cages?

Thanks

Confusing *** movie wtffffffffffff.

I didnt like it
    EDM

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

I personally think he is dreaming still in limbo and cant get out. He just keeps replaying what is happening! Either way you look at it sick movie
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

I think it was real, it looked like the top was going to fall.
    P.S. Is that Miranda Kerr who plays his wife?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

I thought it was an excellent movie. But what I don't get is why did they go to the Snow Fortress? What was the point of that?

We've got information in the information age but do we know what life is outside of our convenient Lexus cages?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Movie was pretty awesome

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

it was reality because they woke up on the airplane where they had originally went into the dream's....
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

The movie isn't about proving your theory, it's about incepting doubt into it. Both sides have arguments for and against it, in the end it's all about what you take from the film.

Personally, I'm in the he was in reality camp.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

Wilbourn (07-26-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yeah I think reality also. Sometimes people read too much into films and get even more confused so I will just keep things simple and go for team reality.

Thanks

It was reality. I thought that it was funny that his wife was named "Mal", which in Spanish means "bad".

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks

It also means bad in French.

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

I totally called what was going to happen at the end right before it happened. I halfway whispered "Dude, I bet the screen just cuts out." right before it went black.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    It was reality. I thought that it was funny that his wife was named "Mal", which in Spanish means "bad".
    Quote Originally Posted by NinetyFour View Post
    It also means bad in French.
    It's also short for Malorie
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

^or maybe it actually is bad, and that's why he got her killed

Thanks

Hmmm...

I N C E P T I O N
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

The entire movie took place inside of Dom's mind. It was a dream the entire time with the objective of clearing his mind of the guilt of causing his wife's death.

Now, could someone explain to me what the "rules" of limbo were? As I understood it you were stuck there until you came to yet everyone that they showed in limbo was able to leave when they died. What part am I not grasping?

Thanks

To escape Limbo, you must die. Now, you may ask, then why didn't they just kill themselves in Limbo right away? Well if you enter Limbo, you don't know that you are in Limbo. That's why you must first realize you are Limbo before you can escape. This means that at the last scene, when Cobb washes up on the beach, he has no idea he's in Limbo, and neither does Saito. But, when Saito sees Cobb's top, he remembers everything, and soon Cobb remembers everything when Saito says "Leap of faith" and when they exchange trigger-key-phrases like "Old man full of regret.... waiting to die alone." Once they realized, they killed themselves with Cobb's gun.

So, in essence, you could be in Limbo right now, but you wouldn't be able to escape until you accept fully and you know for a fact that you're in Limbo. Then you would have to kill yourself. That is why it is so difficult to escape Limbo. You have to be ABSOLUTELY sure that you're in Limbo and 100% dedicated to kill yourself. That is why Limbo is so hard to escape.

That's my take on the whole Limbo thing.

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NinetyFour View Post
    To escape Limbo, you must die. Now, you may ask, then why didn't they just kill themselves in Limbo right away? Well if you enter Limbo, you don't know that you are in Limbo. That's why you must first realize you are Limbo before you can escape. This means that at the last scene, when Cobb washes up on the beach, he has no idea he's in Limbo, and neither does Saito. But, when Saito sees Cobb's top, he remembers everything, and soon Cobb remembers everything when Saito says "Leap of faith" and when they exchange trigger-key-phrases like "Old man full of regret.... waiting to die alone." Once they realized, they killed themselves with Cobb's gun.

So, in essence, you could be in Limbo right now, but you wouldn't be able to escape until you accept fully and you know for a fact that you're in Limbo. Then you would have to kill yourself. That is why it is so difficult to escape Limbo. You have to be ABSOLUTELY sure that you're in Limbo and 100% dedicated to kill yourself. That is why Limbo is so hard to escape.

That's my take on the whole Limbo thing.

This. Thank you for putting that together. I'm much to tired to have explained it that well.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Then how was Ellen Paige's character so aware they were in limbo?

Thanks

Quoted from cinemablend

If the world with crumbling buildings is Cobbís limbo, what is the place he ends up in with Saito?
    A: Two different theories possible, letís break them down one at a time:

Theory 1 The simplest answer here would be that this world isnít actually limbo but a deeper level which perhaps Cobb has mistaken for limbo or misrepresented as limbo. You have to die to go to limbo and neither Cobb nor Ariadne dies in the ice fortress, they merely go to sleep again and enter Cobb's dream, which only resembles the world he and Mal built in limbo because Cobb has created it. (Their kids weren't with them in their original limbo, so if this were limbo again, why would they magically be there with them to live happily ever after?) Also, Cobb could have deliberately been planning how the whole level worked out - he used it to detach himself from Mal, create a projection of Fischer to compel Ariadne to get out and not go into limbo and stayed as the whole thing crumbled to get to the real limbo to help Saito. And maybe that's the reason Fischer can be revived. He wasn't really shot dead.

Theory 2 But since Ariadne tried to kill herself to escape it, and we know that killing yourself in any level but limbo will only send you to limbo, it seems as though Ariadne must have believed she was in limbo. If the crumbling city level really is a form of limbo, could that mean both Cobb and Saito in limbo, but in different limbos? If dreams are the machinations of the subconscious, and limbo is the subconscious that Cobb has built, the locations are one in the same. Itís the same reason why Cobb can no longer work as an architect. Perhaps Cobb and Saitoís final locations are the same place. If so, how does Cobb find Saitoís fortress? How does he end up on that beach? Weíre full of questions on this one, but given the context of the movie this theory seems like the most likely of the two.