+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SPOILERS] Inception thread [SPOILERS]

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
    Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Then how was Ellen Paige's character so aware they were in limbo?
    If Ellen Paige's character was the younger chick, then it was because she was new to the scene and was her plan to go into limbo anyway, I think anyway. If Ellen Paige's character was the crazy chick that stabbed people in the gut, then because she was a part of the dude Leo-DiCaprio played's mind. I was too lazy to look it up; so I wrote two separate explanations.

Quote Originally Posted by NinetyFour View Post
    Quoted from cinemablend
    Theory 2 But since Ariadne tried to kill herself to escape it, and we know that killing yourself in any level but limbo will only send you to limbo, it seems as though Ariadne must have believed she was in limbo. If the crumbling city level really is a form of limbo, could that mean both Cobb and Saito in limbo, but in different limbos? If dreams are the machinations of the subconscious, and limbo is the subconscious that Cobb has built, the locations are one in the same. It’s the same reason why Cobb can no longer work as an architect. Perhaps Cobb and Saito’s final locations are the same place. If so, how does Cobb find Saito’s fortress? How does he end up on that beach? We’re full of questions on this one, but given the context of the movie this theory seems like the most likely of the two.

Not necessarily true. They only didn't want to die because if you were under narcotics and died you didn't wake up, you were stuck in limbo. Had they not been under narcotics, they would have woken up just fine when they died. However they wouldn't have been able to go 3-4 levels down.
    Last edited by SharpieBandit; 07-28-2010 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I went into Steve jobs mind his and incepted a idea. I had to go thirteen levels deep his security was so strong. I planted that full slide out qwerty keyboards were the way of the future ( because at the rate apple is goin they will take over the world and kill off all competition ) i am sorry, but it had to be done.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NinetyFour's Avatar
    Thanks

What if Christopher Nolan is preforming inception on the world? By making this movie, he plants that tiny, tiny, tiny seed of doubt in his audience, that this world is not real. That we are in a dream, and the only way to escape is to kill yourself. What if Christopher Nolan plans to lead people into mass suicide?

lol, just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpieBandit View Post
    If Ellen Paige's character was the younger chick, then it was because she was new to the scene and was her plan to go into limbo anyway, I think anyway. If Ellen Paige's character was the crazy chick that stabbed people in the gut, then because she was a part of the dude Leo-DiCaprio played's mind. I was too lazy to look it up; so I wrote two separate explanations.

Not necessarily true. They only didn't want to die because if you were under narcotics and died you didn't wake up, you were stuck in limbo. Had they not been under narcotics, they would have woken up just fine when they died. However they wouldn't have been able to go 3-4 levels down.
    Personally, this is my whole take on the crumbling city bit. I believe that Cobb and Ariadne entered this level, it was not limbo. The whole purpose of going to that level was to bring back Fischer, who just died. But I believe that they entered just another dream of Cobb's, and that Cobb created a projection of Fischer there. He did this in order to face Mal and get past his guilt. He put the projection of Fischer there so that Ariadne would leave. So Ariadne took "Fischer" which was really just a projection, and jumped off the building, which provided a kick that woke her up. Now you may be wondering, how did they bring back Fischer from "the dead" ? Well I believe that the resuscitating with the defibrillator brought him back.
    Last edited by NinetyFour; 07-28-2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner of the Unofficial ModMyi Palringo Chat Group. Join today!

We've got information in the information age but do we know what life is outside of our convenient Lexus cages?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

But it was Ariadne's idea to go in and rescue Fisher so I don't see how Cobb could've been planning to end the issues with Mal when he was ready to give up once Fisher was shot.

Thanks

Impromtu plan

Thanks

I saw the movie again today, it makes more sense

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Its been entirely too long since I've seen the movie. I'm forgetting details. I'm gonna go ahead and agree with whatever NinetyFour says, within reason.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Thanks

lol, thanks?
    Owner of the Unofficial ModMyi Palringo Chat Group. Join today!

We've got information in the information age but do we know what life is outside of our convenient Lexus cages?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12