+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: As if my fear of flying wasn't enough....

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
As if being deathly afraid of flying wasn't enough, how about we throw a glass floor into the mix? Yeah, that would help...... Airbus' Lightweight Plane of the Future Features
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Default As if my fear of flying wasn't enough....
    As if being deathly afraid of flying wasn't enough, how about we throw a glass floor into the mix? Yeah, that would help......

Airbus' Lightweight Plane of the Future Features Holographic Projections and Invisible Floors
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Thanks

Thats awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    EDM

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

I used to worry about flying now I pass out before the plane even takes off. They crappiest part about it all is the sitting on the tarmac because the AC doesn't really blow nothing but warm stale air.

Thanks

Oh god...this is gonna give me a crappy image.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

ive never flown in an airplane, so i dont know how scary that would be.

Thanks

Not sure why you would really want to see below you. The veiw from the window is nice but gets old after while.

What would that do with balance issues. Ever been to those events where they have a solid bridge that crosses a tube that is spinning. Even though you know you are walking on solid ground you still wobble and grab the gaurd rail because the room is spinning around.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

I've only flown once and that was to/from san diego in for my senior trip in 2001 and had to be sedated in the airport prior to the flights there and back because I was having anxiety/panic attacks (yes my fear of flying is serious....lets just say I voted to go on a cruise). So this whole clear bottom idea to me is a bad idea....but then again, its not like I plan on flying anytime soon.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Thanks

I ride them a few times a year and hate 'em, this just makes me hate 'em and be scared of 'em

Thanks

I don't hate them as much as I hate just being in them. I guess more over the hastle it takes to get to them, then getting on them, then dealing with some crazy people. So to deal with it I sleep on it. But one time I flew hungover and that was not so great. It also happened to be the time that our flight got delayed for 2 hours, then got on the plane, then had to get back off after backing up because something was wrong, waited 1 hour for the plane to be looked at, said it was ok to board, got on and had to get back off because it was not fixed, had us on another plane, get to connecting city, that plane had issues, waited an hour, got a new plane, and finally got to home, had to wait on tarmac for 1 hour and half because there were no gates with all the delays we had. So that sucked cause I had no sleep and drank far to much the few hours before getting to the airport.

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quite honestly, I have always had a tough time with flying, mainly stemming to bad childhood memories coupled with a nasty divorce, where my parents were on opposite sides of the country so I had to cart my younger brother and I through airports alone since I was 6. My jobs sometimes require me to fly, so I start getting anxious weeks before. Dealing with the irrational fears has always been a challenge. But, I try reminding myself to take it easy, the pilots are in control and just to use my noise-canceling headphones with some good music or movies

Thanks

Once when i was flying from Toronto to San Francisco we had to emergency land in Omaha because someone had a heart attack, at least it wasn't like the movie airplane

iPhone? More like MyPhone LanCo Rider's Avatar
    Thanks

Flying sucks!

I have no problem with hauling *** on my motorcycle and dragging knee which is quite honestly substantially more dangerous than flying; but I will have panic attacks when it comes to flying.

Thanks

I hate flying too. I'm not as bad as I used to be though. I fly from time to time for work and last year I had to ride on a damn puddle jumper. That had me scared....

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

^ lmao! I rode on those puddle jumpers a few times... they can make emergency landings any where and the big planes can't.

Flying isn't my favorite thing to do but I drink a few drinks before I get on it and have a few in the air and time goes by so fast... before I know it I am there.... and I don't even drink!

I was on one flight going both ways that I thought I was going to get sick!

And another one going through a storm out of Hawaii... I was setting next to a plane attendant. She knew I was flipping out and once we got up in the air I got four bottles of vodka for free! Chugged them down and I was fine! lol

And I love setting between two guys! I just flew this past Dec and had a good time with them and was lucky got to set between guys going both ways! Can't stand setting next to a woman... lol
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 07-21-2010 at 08:49 AM. Reason: edit

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

They want you to look down so your head is already below your azz when they go down.

I flew in one of those pay by the pound flying ceiling fans once. I found Jesus.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

^ lmao you are crazy!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

I hate the aisle seat the worst. Can't sleep there because you are getting hit all the time from people walking back and forth to the restroom.

I love the emergency seat much more room. The times I don't have it have been people that get asked if they accept the responsibility to help others out in case of issue and they say no and my hand shoots up for it.

I also always give up flights when asked in the terminal because they give you free round trip tickets to anywhere in the US plus a differnt flight to get you out. Sometimes it may only be an extra hour others I had to stay the night. The time I had to stay overnite they gave me a dinner and breakfast coupon for something in the terminals and gave me a hotel room in the hilton just outside of the airport. I was happy to give up that flight though because the terminal was packed with cheerleaders being loud already; must have been a competetion or something just got over.
    Last edited by Cer0; 07-21-2010 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks

lol

I'm not a fan of flights. Sometimes, I have to sit with others instead of my dad. The worst thing that could ever happen to me is sitting next to an overweight person.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!