+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 85 Days later....

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
FOXNews.com - BP Says Oil Stops Leaking Into Gulf for First Time Since Spill Began It's about freaking time they stopped it! I know that you guys probably haven't heard
    Thanks

Default 85 Days later....
    FOXNews.com - BP Says Oil Stops Leaking Into Gulf for First Time Since Spill Began

It's about freaking time they stopped it! I know that you guys probably haven't heard a lot about the BP oil blow-out, but please don't buy BP gas. This thing should have been fixed in the first week, not 3 months.

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks

YES!!! i feel so much better about life now. its to good to be true tho. i think the pressure might blow another hole in it...

Thanks

yay! NOW BEAUTIFUL SOUTH BEACH, HOLLYWOOD, AND DIANA BEACH WONT BE RUINED!

YEY ALL HAIL SUMMERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    EDM

Thanks
    Thanked 9,169 Times in 5,675 Posts

Makes me wanna cry.

Thanks

Geez, finally.

Now, how long will it take to completely clean up the spill?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

I want to sue BP.

@awesome, who knows. It has ruined businesses all over the coast of the gulf. sad is what it is. sad more than anything for these people. At least i have the east coast (better surfing there anyway)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Boycotting the BP gas stations is not the way to go about sticking it to BP. In fact, when you boycott or refuse to buy from a BP gas station you are effecting private business owners due to the fact that all gas stations are privately owned enterprises which make no money/profit from the sale of BP gasoline and only make money from the sale of non petrol goods (I.e anything you buy inside) as this is the case with all gas stations.

If you really want to stick it to BP, the path should be thru the dumping of their stock. Trust me, I was born and raised (and still live) in baton rouge, la so I'm POed at BP and their handling of the oil spill, along with the handling by the gov't.

By boycotting the BP gas stations, again which all money from gas sales go to bp which yes would somewhat hurt BP but not by much, you in effect end up hurting small business owners who are crucial to national macro economics.

In closing, if you want to bring the pain, do it in the stock market which effects their market capital and not at the frontline stores............ Did I mention that BP's stock price went up $6.68 per share this week and made a massive rally before today's close due to the news of the oil cap holding? Sad but true, the markets will eat up a beaten up stock for profit regardless of societal opinion.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

I was semi-thinking the same thing.

I like how one scientist talked about them looking at it wrong. They are looking at solutions that are normal for regular drilling depths not that deep of depths. The scientist said at that depth you have to look more at it like outerspace.

Thanks

the gas vendors will switch to chevron or some other company. I know that BP owns a bunch of other things and shutting them down entirely would be near impossible. But if we don't buy their gas, that will shut down that part of BP.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    Boycotting the BP gas stations is not the way to go about sticking it to BP. In fact, when you boycott or refuse to buy from a BP gas station you are effecting private business owners due to the fact that all gas stations are privately owned enterprises which make no money/profit from the sale of BP gasoline and only make money from the sale of non petrol goods (I.e anything you buy inside) as this is the case with all gas stations.

If you really want to stick it to BP, the path should be thru the dumping of their stock. Trust me, I was born and raised (and still live) in baton rouge, la so I'm POed at BP and their handling of the oil spill, along with the handling by the gov't.

By boycotting the BP gas stations, again which all money from gas sales go to bp which yes would somewhat hurt BP but not by much, you in effect end up hurting small business owners who are crucial to national macro economics.

In closing, if you want to bring the pain, do it in the stock market which effects their market capital and not at the frontline stores............ Did I mention that BP's stock price went up $6.68 per share this week and made a massive rally before today's close due to the news of the oil cap holding? Sad but true, the markets will eat up a beaten up stock for profit regardless of societal opinion.

I can't find the acrticle but I read a really good article on if you feel to boycot BP for this then you should be boycotting all oil companies. Every single oil company has dirt under the rug. And many of them have many court cases and many other viloations against them in many countries. So BP is not the only oil company with issues.

BP is not going anywhere. Boycotting does nothing to oil companies.
    Last edited by Cer0; 07-15-2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone thechronic's Avatar
    Thanks

Fox is a lying media whore. I won't believe a word of this until we see changes in the environment surrounding the disaster.

Thanks

so...BP says its true, and you dont believe just because fox said it? your logic made no sense.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 Times in 1,146 Posts

I think we should buy BP gas. How else are they going to pay all those people back for the income they lost.
    Another thought: how many different gas stations buy there gas for BP? Most of them I'll bet.
    Let's try to list the stations that don't sell BP's fuel.

Thanks

you are blinded by the media. All media outlets are stupid and you should not believe everything you hear from them. But if you look at the facts, Fox the the most unbiased of the major networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    I think we should buy BP gas. How else are they going to pay all those people back for the income they lost.
    Another thought: how many different gas stations buy there gas for BP? Most of them I'll bet.
    Let's try to list the stations that don't sell BP's fuel.
    BP is a huge company with tons of assets. They have the money to pay back the people.
    Last edited by moon#pie; 07-15-2010 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Which all oil companies have so a boycott will do nothing to them really. Once it blows over people will not be willing to go out of their way to avoid BP anymore.

That is why when people call for a gas boycott for a day or so makes me laugh. All you are really doing is shifting the sales around because you will still need gas at some point, not today but maybe tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks

BP gas is crap anyway. Chevron and Texico has the best gas IMO.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic View Post
    Fox is a lying media whore. I won't believe a word of this until we see changes in the environment surrounding the disaster.
    What does Fox news have anything to do with this thread? You must have never watched MSNBC before. All media outlets lie and twist the facts to fit whatever political agenda is paying them the most money. News has, sadly, become a buyer beware product in the recent past. But standard news is covered by countless media outlets and would be ripped apart by their competitors if if were inaccurate.

^^^ha!!! Just saw that the source was from fox news so disregard my "what does fox news have anything to do with this thread" comment... I'm in an extremely spotty 3G and service area so it's a task to read or post anything on here at the moment.
    Last edited by Wilbourn; 07-15-2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Why try to stop the Oil leak when we can just wait until the oil runs out?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

^because you live in canada and you're jealous of our beaches.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Why try to stop the Oil leak when we can just wait until the oil runs out?
    I known your just kidding and live in "oh canada" but (if you live in the US) if you enjoy seafood, well 70% of the nations seafood comes from the gulf south. So technically, everyone in the USA is effected by the spill. Whether it be by oil prices or seafood/restaurant prices, everyone is or will be effected by the gulf oil spill.