Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fave and Hate of iPhone 4?

Default Fave and Hate of iPhone 4?
    I was wondering what everyone's favourite and least favourite parts of the iPhone 4 are, i'm talking little things. For example my fave is bumpers and my hate is not being available in Canada.
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

China hates everyone. Go figure.

I love everything about the new iPhone.

Seriously...
    EDM

i'm still pissed that i cant get it, according to a Rogers spokesperson it MIGHT be available by the end of july
    Name? whereswaldo
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

I love the new iphone and the bumpers that will be available but I hate waiting and small memory.
    My 3gs had only 8GB out of 32GB left.
    Sigh! They need to increase the GBS!

as much as we all wish they did, they couldn't raise the memory without making it alot fatter. This is because the memory chips apple uses for iphones and ipod touches only come in sizes up to 32GB, the reason there is a 64GB ipod touch is because it can fit two chips due to lack of phone, camera and 3g
    Name? whereswaldo
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

my only complaint is that I wanted a 64 GB version

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    as much as we all wish they did, they couldn't raise the memory without making it alot fatter. This is because the memory chips apple uses for iphones and ipod touches only come in sizes up to 32GB, the reason there is a 64GB ipod touch is because it can fit two chips due to lack of phone, camera and 3g
    AppleInsider | Toshiba announces 64GB NAND flash chip, likely iPhone bound

Could be Toshiba are behind with the chips, but single 64gb chips are a reality so there's no excuse for them doing a 64gb iPhone 4 - which I think they will have to do eventually because I don't see many 32gb 3Gs owners bothering to upgrade unless their related to David Bailey.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Thanks

no RADIO, no verizon. wow that was easy, I HATE IT ALREADY

^oh yeah, and no 64g version^
    Last edited by indyracer05; 06-09-2010 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
    no RADIO, no verizon. wow that was easy, I HATE IT ALREADY

^oh yeah, and no 64g version^
    Im not that disappointed theres no verizon version yet (plus I dont plan on leaving ATT anyways). But as far as the Radio part, they have a app in the apple store called "wunderradio" which streams FM and AM radio stations from around the USA, your state and the World... It's been a life saver for me because I live in louisiana where during Hurricane season, the power often will get knocked out for days if not for weeks and its crucial to know whats happening because you can run out of batteries really quick and the gas stations and grocery stores are a war zone once the storms over and they open back up. So its a really great app to have because if you have a full tank of gas in your car( most people fill up at least 5 5gallon drums of gas for prep or for their generators) you can charge your iphone (this is if you have no generator for your home) and continue to get updates via the streaming radio.

On the no 64gb iphone announced.... It doesn't surprise me that they didnt announce one. If you look at Apple's MO over the last few years its obvious that they wouldnt announce it now but you can bet your bottom dollar that one is in the pipeline.
    If your think back, they first announced the 8&16gb 3G. They let that ride for a bit, then they announced the 3GS and the 32Gb iPhone nearly a year later... They let that ride and now they have announced the iphone 4 with 16&32gb versions (notice no 8gb). Their will be a 64 gb verison later on down the road but not just yet because thats how apple works, by slowly dolling out newer versions to stoke the flame and desire of the consumer base and get their mouths watering in order to continue the consistency of their cash flows....

The same happened with the ipods....ipod classic-->ipod color-->ipod color v2 (ever and slowly increasing in data capacity on purpose)-->ipod touch v1--> ipod touch v2....

The only thing that I WISH they included for the new iphone is really more of an OS/ App store feature. The feature that I want and am surprised it hasnt made its way yet is the ability to go into the App store (on your iphone, not on your computer) and instead of having to close the app store to download an app, and then having to go back into the app store to download the other app you wanted (which again closes the app store)to be able to QUEUE multiple apps that you want to download so that you can check the apps that you want, then download all of the apps at once after you have picked all of the apps you want...basically an "app basket" and "checkout" feature.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post
    AppleInsider | Toshiba announces 64GB NAND flash chip, likely iPhone bound

Could be Toshiba are behind with the chips, but single 64gb chips are a reality so there's no excuse for them doing a 64gb iPhone 4 - which I think they will have to do eventually because I don't see many 32gb 3Gs owners bothering to upgrade unless their related to David Bailey.
    not in the quality and size of iphone chips
    Name? whereswaldo
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

It's a iPhone so I love it no matter what! lol

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    I was wondering what everyone's favourite and least favourite parts of the iPhone 4 are, i'm talking little things. For example my fave is bumpers and my hate is not being available in Canada.
    Yea, my fav parts are the bumpers, too. But, from what I've read, from APPLE, the iPhone will be in Canada by the end of july. That's when I'm getting one

My least favourite part is the glass not being flush, I mean the glass being above the rest of the body.

Can someone show me what these "bumpers" are?? I hear a lot of talk about it, is it a case? How much is it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

Bumpers are on apple web site.

My fav is the design. But my biggest let down Is between no 64gb or same size screen I wish they would have enlarged the screen to 4". I still love it and of course I'm still gettin one.
    Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll Die today!

This is what bumpers are: Pictures Of iPhone 4 Bumper Cases Surface
    Name? whereswaldo
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Fav: front and back made glass. No more easily scratched PLASTIC! And the camera flash and pretty pretty high res screen!

Not so fav: it's so flat on the back -.- but I still think it's a glossy sexy beast!

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

im likeing the flat design i wasnt a big fan of the 3g/3gs style. the 4 is so much more sexy.

Im a little scared of the whole thing being glass, now i wave two pieces of glass to worry about instead of one. i want to see a ligit drop test. Like having it in your lap while driving and getting out of the car and have it land face first with and with out those niffty little bumbers
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

^ you make a good point. But it is also exciting that both sides are glass cuz i have always kept my screen immaculate with minimal effort so the back is now just as easy to maintain.

Dropping my 3G with an incase slider case has caused a few major scratches on the back of my phone. If with a good case and a glass back, i think scratches would be near to none, even when dropped a couple times.