+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Evo 4G

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
I'm seriously considering it as I pay 250/mo with AT&T service 2 iPhones, 1 Blackberry & a regular flip phone. I found out I can use a friends discount so
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Default Sprint Evo 4G
    I'm seriously considering it as I pay 250/mo with AT&T service 2 iPhones, 1 Blackberry & a regular flip phone.

I found out I can use a friends discount so I can get 25% off monthly service meaning I'd be paying like 140/month.

It's going to be sick but I'll hang around to see what iPhone 4th gen has in store. I have a feeling it won't be anything worth staying for but I'm optimistic. Anyone considering jumping ship?

BTW that price is after my supposed discount. Imagine if I didn't have one. By the way I work for AT&T.
    Last edited by gQstatus05; 05-10-2010 at 08:23 AM.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

6 days later. I guess I'm the only one.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Great news guys. I've made up my mind and I'll be bringing all 4 of my lines to Sprint. I'm pretty sure the new iPhone isn't going to be anything crazy so I'm throwing in the towel. I love the iPhone but as previously stated I'm just tired with all the restrictions and lockdowns.

I'm going to pre-order 2 Evo 4Gs at Radioshack tomorrow. If you pre-order you have to put down $50/per phone. I would get $40 in store credit to use on accesories ($20/per phone). I'm also going to buy something small and fill out the survey so I can get a $10 coupon to use also.

With my credit I'll buy an iGo tip or another USB (can never have too many) as I plan to go to Case-Mate to buy a nice case. After I port my numbers from AT&T I have 72 hours from the port in activation to go to Sprint Number Porting Credit Application and request a $100 credit per line. I'd have to keep my service for 3 months to get the $400 credit applied to my bill just for porting.

I just wanted to fill you in on the procedure in case any of you guys are thinking of leaving the iPhone. Pre-Order at Radioshack not Best Buy because of the extra store credits you can receive.

By the way DO NOT sell Radioshack your old phones because you won't get that much for them to use as store credit. You're better off selling your old equipment on eBay and hopefully bank enough to pay for 2 - 3 months of service. By the way if you work at Bank of America or have a family/friend you can save 36% with Sprint off the total bill!

I will always love and appreciate my iPhone and ModmyI but I've had enough of the restrictions.
    Last edited by gQstatus05; 05-15-2010 at 06:45 AM.

Thanks

I'm getting the evo just to use as a hotspot and the iPhone when it comes
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I hope you stay around the community at least to see what news and items come up. Or even just to chat it up. You have been a member for a while.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm with ya buddy. Bye bye iPhone. I'll probably still lurk. Bunch of friends have iPhones and will probably get the new one. I like to keep up with current tech too.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello !
    I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !
    mod/edit links removed

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yeah dude I'll hang around here. I still love the iPhone and I know when I switch phones with my bad luck an awesome app will drop and make me want to choke myself for switching.

I'm just tired of all the restrictions and minimal updates each year. I mean honestly if that prototype iPhone that leaked is the final version then it's hideous. I'm pretty sure it would grow on me but that seam is so ugly and the squared shape is something new.

I'm in school right now taking my last marketing final and then I'm off the Radioshack to preorder. If any of you guys are going that route make sure you read my above post on the steps.

@ z3r01 The hotspot feature will cost you $29.99/mo. You'd probably have to wait a week or so until they root the phone and then you can hack your way into the free hotspot capability.
    Last edited by gQstatus05; 05-15-2010 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Wouldnt surprise me if the new iPhone is a total bust.

Only reason im sticking with the iPhone is cause i hateee Android.
    EDM

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Totally not worth it I dont think. I switched to the HD2 cuz Im on Tmo just so I can have 3G access. Im back on my iPhone now. That stupid Windows Mobile phone couldnt entertain me for longer than a week. Ive had my iphone for a year and a half. Point is, I used to think apps are not what makes a phone great. Well even with that gorgeous 4.3 inch screen, 5mpx camera, and 3G speeds, it wasnt even close to being as fun as my iphone. I like the apps and I dont care if I have a 2 mpx camera without flash.

just my opinion. Im just glad I didnt sell off my iphone.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Zeal (05-15-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Windows Mobile sucks I would leave too. I'll still keep my iPhone but the cost effective route would be Sprint. AT&T charges out the *** as it is.

By the way I don't understand the hype with WP7. The UI is hideous and everyone is drooling over it without even proper specs or hardware announced.
    Last edited by gQstatus05; 05-15-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks

Hardware>Specs.
    EDM

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Just pre-ordered 2 Evo 4G's. I threatened my GF with her life if she drops and breaks the phone. I couldn't talk her into getting a Blackberry or another simple phone. Can't wait and I'm number 2 in line at that Radioshack. I filled out 2 surveys for $10 off. I have $20 to play with when I pick up my phones. It's going to be hard to leave the iPhone but oh well.

***By the way anyone want to buy my iPhone 3G 3.1.3 with a Mophie Juice Pack (Red). Shoot me an offer and I only use Paypal and ship to USA only.

I'll just keep one iPhone instead of two so make some offers.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm probably going to wait a little while until after it drops. See some reviews. That's what I always do. Plus it's a big step moving from carriers for me. Need to be sure. Let me know how you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Only reason im sticking with the iPhone is cause i hateee Android.
    Just curious, why?
    Last edited by iPhoneMadness; 05-16-2010 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i saw an ad for the evo, looks sick but the OS is disgusting
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
    I'm probably going to wait a little while until after it drops. See some reviews. That's what I always do. Plus it's a big step moving from carriers for me. Need to be sure. Let me know how you like it!

Just curious, why?
    Just HATE HATE HATE everything about it and how it looks.
    EDM

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

^Oh ok, thanks, that was really informative.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
    ^Oh ok, thanks, that was really informative.
    Im very informative.
    EDM

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Yes, it is Zeal. What do you expect lol. Just look at his title.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The new 5MP camera and LED flash is going to be magical on the new iPhone. I'm just pissed that it takes them this long to incorporate features that have been on phones for almost a decade. It's not even the cost because it cost them cents to put those components into the new device. We already see that the new iPhone is smaller than the current 3GS so it wasn't a space issue.

I'll let you guys know how Sprint turns out.