Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: what really annoys me

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    egomaniacs, bullies, holier than thou attitudes, azzhats
    people who aren't holier than thou

Roads are built to be filled

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ads on websites that take over the site from you even when you have adblocker installed. (like the latest motorola ad that is appearing on MMI now.)

Honestly, can't webmaster that like to sign their sites up for the revenue potential at least be given the opportunity to preview new ads BEFORE they are allowed to run amok on their sites and interfere with their visitors? I mean, have no problem with the mods at mmi wanting the revenue but I'm pretty certain that when they signed up they were NOT told that "our ad network will display ads that will alienate and piss off your visitors". Oh yeah. Sign me up!

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ I understand and completely agree with everything you said but just fyi mods don't get the money from the ads..im pretty sure it goes to help paying for the servers and such and other stuff to upkeep the site- so Kyle and Cody would get it....but that's not the point, yes I agree that the ads that take up the whole screen are bs
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Thanks

People who go to the 10 items or less idle and yet they have way more than 10 items!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

when people think theyre cool cause they use their phone in school

then i laugh when they get caught and get in huge trouble.

Thanks

Me and my signatures...jk.

iPod touch Fans moderators.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Quote Originally Posted by davshirley View Post
    Ads on websites that take over the site from you even when you have adblocker installed. (like the latest motorola ad that is appearing on MMI now.)

Honestly, can't webmaster that like to sign their sites up for the revenue potential at least be given the opportunity to preview new ads BEFORE they are allowed to run amok on their sites and interfere with their visitors? I mean, have no problem with the mods at mmi wanting the revenue but I'm pretty certain that when they signed up they were NOT told that "our ad network will display ads that will alienate and piss off your visitors". Oh yeah. Sign me up!
    Oh snap I get paid?!!!!! Where's my money MMi, lol. I kid. It is correct mods are not paid. This is our hobby to help Kyle and Cody with the large community we have. I hate those ads also and we do bring them up to them. Actually lately I have had something from a site that keeps wanting outgoing access when using MMi. LilSnitch blocks it but shortly after Safari crashes.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

There are no more mailboxes anywhere. What gives?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davshirley View Post

i spend well over 60k a year keeping this site online.

I'm even nice enough to make sure the advertising loads last for both members and guests to MAKE SURE it doesnt slow down the ability to read the site's content; something the vast majority of site owners /don't/ bother doing and something that cuts into my revenue stream.

what really annoys me is people that choose to visit a free site and then think they are owed something in return without any consideration for the folks that work their asses off to pay the bills. anyways you're no longer invited to partake on my site.

would you like to return? send me $50

welcome to catching me on an off day. or me catching you on my off day, or us catching each other, or maybe no one was caught and everyone was freed. regardless, thread closed

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

Cer0 (06-03-2010), Kyle Matthews (06-03-2010), thetoothfairy (03-18-2011)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

ohsnap

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I felt scared and it wasn't even directed at me. Sometimes people don't understand how much it costs to run a massive site. Didn't SB say this site uses 1TB of data a month?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    I felt scared and it wasn't even directed at me. Sometimes people don't understand how much it costs to run a massive site. Didn't SB say this site uses 1TB of data a month?
    over 40TB

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456