Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Gmail checkers/notifiers working

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaMan05's Avatar
    Thanks

Default No Gmail checkers/notifiers working
    I used to use the Gmail Checker Windows Sidebar gadget, that stopped working, it says "Logged in!" in the settings with my account details, however it shows the new email of my father's account that is auto-logged in in IE8 (I am auto-logged in FF)

Then I tried Google Mail Checker (another sidebar gadget). that just says 0 new email where there is email in my account or my fathers.

Then I tried Gmail Manager 0.6 FF extension. That also says 0 new email, but if I right click it in the status bar, it tells me how many new emails i actually have.

what the effffff! i've also tried disabling "always use https" in gmail to no avail.

any help would be appreciated

EDIT: Gmail Notifier FF extension seems to work but I'm still curious as to why the other ones don't work. I use 2 monitors and keeping a gmail sidebar gadget on the other monitor is really useful...
    Last edited by DaMan05; 04-25-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Scott's GMail Alert. I use it, love it. It is highly configurable, and alerts me quite literally as soon as a new message hits my inbox. Plus, it is free, though you can register it for $3.00 to unlock multi gmal/rss/gcalendar accounts. I highly recommend this app
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Scott's GMail Alert. I use it, love it. It is highly configurable, and alerts me quite literally as soon as a new message hits my inbox. Plus, it is free, though you can register it for $3.00 to unlock multi gmal/rss/gcalendar accounts. I highly recommend this app
    Hmmm I'll try it out. Thanks!

Where does one find Scott's GMail alert?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbbarrette View Post
    Where does one find Scott's GMail alert?
    Right here

Man, I had that coming! Ha, ha.