Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Proud Member of iFaith...

Talking Proud Member of iFaith...
    It occurred to me recently, while attempting to discern why so many people are currently fighting so zealously over their respective positions regarding the current jailbreak efforts, that in many respects the jailbreak scene is like a religion.

This is the most accurate analogy I can make concerning what I can only describe as the constant, childish bickering between the, "..these new jailbreaks are fake, even though I have no REAL proof.." crowd, and the, "..these new jailbreaks are real, even though I've no REAL proof.." crowd.

Think about it for a second. For those who currently have non-jailbroken devices, the new jailbreak is like their coming salvation, and the day of it's release is like the second coming, "judgement day" if you will. The "iFaith" has it's prophets/saints - GeoHot, p0sixninja, MuscleNerd,...and it's false prophets - bluesn0w, SpartanBr3ak, etc. And some who were once jailbroken but mistakenly upgraded are now "lost" and wait eagerly for the new jailbreak to be released so they can be "reborn".

People clamor after any shred of evidence of the coming day of jailbreak(youtube videos, blog postings, and poor quality jpegs). Some see this evidence and despite the lack of any first hand experience, will swear up and down that they KNOW the new jailbreaks are real and they will be released soon. They are certain that we live in the "end times". They base this on the fact that many people that have come before them believe the jailbreaks to be truthful, and have placed their trust in these well known hackers, these revered "saints". That being said, believing something just because others have believed it for some lengthy period of time prior is not justifiable...just look at christianity

This is where the "unbelievers" jump in. They contend that just because there have been some youtube videos, and jpegs from "credible" sources, until something's actually released they see these examples as nothing more than a jesus in the grilled cheese kind of "prophecy".

After all of this I guess you could say there are now three things you should never discuss in civil company...Religion, Politics, and Jailbreak Release Dates So please before anymore arguments get started over the SAME thing for the MILLIONTH time stop and consider how many other threads concerning the same argument there already are, and how pointless another would be.

Although there are compelling arguments for both sides of the conflict, I guess that as of this moment, being a noob("neophyte") and trapped within a non-jailbroken iPod 3g 3.1.3 all I can do is remain faithful, and longingly gaze upon yonder shore.

Add-On 1:

"...Yea, though we walk through the vallley of the shadow of Apple, we shall fear no update, for GeoHot is with us, and in his efforts may we find comfort..."

Add-On 2:

Regarding the day of judgement/Jailbreak release date

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but the Father only." - Matthew 24:36

"Don't ask about a release date. You won't make it happen any sooner." - George Hotz

This was just meant as reductio ad absurdum, I hope this won't stir up any religious animosity, and if it does, I apologize in advance.

Peace...
    Last edited by FuseUnison; 04-14-2010 at 02:37 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FuseUnison For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (04-14-2010), XK.XV (04-14-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,887 Times in 6,041 Posts

I found your post to be spot on, well written and just downright funny. You haz skillz.
    Should perhaps be front page news, definitely worth the read. Nice job.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

FuseUnison (04-14-2010)

Lmao
    Keithsta

I found your post to be spot on, well written and just downright funny. You haz skillz.
    Should perhaps be front page news, definitely worth the read. Nice job.
    -and-

Lmao

Thanks

Just seemed to me that maybe taking a satirical look at the situation could help calm the feud that seems to be coming to a slow boil.
    Check out my Wallpaper Gallery - HERE

PM me to make a request. If you want specific images used, give links in pm.

Once I'm jailbroken I'll start doing Wallpapers, vWallpapers, and Themes.

ok.....
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

You said my name..

"Zeal"ous
    EDM

Thanks

Well written. Kinda strange as well.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Can I get an amen!?!

Quote Originally Posted by howlett15 View Post
    can i get an amen!?!
    lol
    Check out my Wallpaper Gallery - HERE

PM me to make a request. If you want specific images used, give links in pm.

Once I'm jailbroken I'll start doing Wallpapers, vWallpapers, and Themes.

Default locked up!
    I think GeoHot is holding out for millions from Apple. I "pray" not though.

...After all this time..., I think I'm starting to lose my faith.

dont lose ur spirit!
    xD

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

FuseUnison is the modern day Martin Luther, but for Cult of Mac. You should print this out and go nail it to steve jobs' door lol.

Comex has renewed my faith! Thanks to Spirit I have found my way to the holy-land!!!

Praise be to Comex...

thanks be to geohot!

hahaha this is funny

u nailed it
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No