+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My background check age

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
So this is pretty random for modmyi but I don't have a clue where to seek information for this so I turn to my fellow MMI'ers. I'm 21 years old
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default My background check age
    So this is pretty random for modmyi but I don't have a clue where to seek information for this so I turn to my fellow MMI'ers.

I'm 21 years old and I've been getting solicitations for AARP, hearing aids, etc for probably two years now. I never thought anything of it, except that is was weird and kind of annoying.

Fast forward to now, I saw that BeenVerified app that lets you check 6 people for free, so I decided to play around with it and check myself. It lists people by age I could not find myself anywhere until I searched for my dad and went to his relatives. Well there I was listed at AGE 51! That certainly explained those solicitations.

So obviously some database somewhere that solicitors pull from has me at 51. Now how do I go about fixing that? Or does it even matter? I'm not even sure if it matters, other than the annoying hearing aid mailings. So surely somewhere here must know if and how I should do something about it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hopefully it's not due to identity theft. I would pull your credit report and check. You get a free one each year but the legit site to get it is from: AnnualCreditReport dot com. That website is government run.

Make sure nobody has anything open in your name and maybe changed your age. It happens a lot to younger people. There are also bad parents who open credit cards in their babies names and mess up their credit all before the baby turns 1 years old.

I would check with Experian, Equifax, or Transunion and maybe they can correct it or put a block on your credit to prevent any fraud. If there are any discrepancies on your report you can dispute them.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Thanks

lolwut
    EDM

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,271 Times in 652 Posts

I have a friend who inherited a SSN from a dead person and the identity services failed to update everything. She didn't know until she was buying her first house and the credit applications etc listed her as 85 and deceased!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gQstatus05 View Post
    Hopefully it's not due to identity theft. I would pull your credit report and check. You get a free one each year but the legit site to get it is from: AnnualCreditReport dot com. That website is government run.

Make sure nobody has anything open in your name and maybe changed your age. It happens a lot to younger people. There are also bad parents who open credit cards in their babies names and mess up their credit all before the baby turns 1 years old.

I would check with Experian, Equifax, or Transunion and maybe they can correct it or put a block on your credit to prevent any fraud. If there are any discrepancies on your report you can dispute them.
    Yea I thought that first, but I've checked my credit report and the only thing on it is my 1 student credit card, so that's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Overcash View Post
    I have a friend who inherited a SSN from a dead person and the identity services failed to update everything. She didn't know until she was buying her first house and the credit applications etc listed her as 85 and deceased!
    Were they able to fix it?

I mean I guess it's not a big deal if it doesn't cause any problems, but I get an AARP or hearing aid or something similar letter at least once a week and it's fairly annoying.

But I haven't a clue what to do about it.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Use it to your advantage

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Lol. Don't listen to that guy. You may have the same case as the lady who inherited someones SSN. I would probably make some calls to the social security office unless someone has a number that you should be calling.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Use it to your advantage
    conman
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    conman
    He is too young to go to prison