Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does anyone know where...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Default Does anyone know where...
    I can get a professional resume template. I searched online and found some sites but they require you to login.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Gracias. Time to buy some special printing paper. The template is similar to the one I have now but it has a couple of more fields. Thanks again.

Thanks

My advice, don't get too fancy with the paper. I frequently interview people as part of a committee here at work and none of us care about the paper.

Another tip, keep it concise. I know I just look for highlights on the first pass. I scan the resume and look for certain things then I separate them into two piles. One pile for those I want to look at again and a discard pile.

The ones that get a second look are usually the ones that use bullet points or are organized so that I can pick out information easily. If someone uses long, run on sentences I don't read the whole thing.

Also, don't stick with one template. Base your resume on the job description. If they have certain education requirements, stick that at the top. If they are looking for specific experience, stick that at the top.

Keep personal information off the resume. No one cares that your a mod on manga forum.

Use headers for each section and make them bold. This way, if I want to know where you went to school, I can easily see education section because it's in bold.

Just a few tips.
    Last edited by soulthoughts; 01-22-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I have all that covered as far as the bulleting and headers are concerned. I want my paper to stand out as far as the weight, look, and overall appearance. I'm a student so I may need help in putting that section together. What do you recommend as a good layout?

My major is International Business & Marketing at a State University. I talk English, Spanish, and Italian (at an intermediate level). Should I list that towards the top or keep that at the bottom?

Thanks

Again it depends on the job. If you're applying for a specific job, I say look at the requirements and go from there.