Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPhone is my phone for ever!

23 85.19%
  • I might switch.......

4 14.81%
+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone the right way!

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Please Vote in the Poll I know that many people disslike the iphone because they can multitask or have flash while taking pictures (its coming in the 4th generation of
    ip3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default iPhone the right way!
    Please Vote in the Poll

I know that many people disslike the iphone because they can multitask or have flash while taking pictures (its coming in the 4th generation of the iPod touch and iPhone) can't teather, and any other reason people have for thinking there is a better phone out there, some where I don't know I have not come acrose over that past three years i have been using my iPhone (since day two) if anyone knows of even one phone that compairs to the iPhone please point it out to me...

1.On the subject of multitasking there are a few apps in cydia and rock that help you run multiple apps at the same time and even let you switch between them easly. i use a free app found in cydia called "KiriKae" works great for me, if you would like to pay for an app you can get "Multiflow" for about $4.99 and even though it looks a little better i still stay with "KiriKae" for ease of use at least for me...

2. For those who can't wait for the new iphone to get flash while taking pictures there are tons of options both in the apple appstore and on Cydia or rock, they don't work as well as a flash but are better than nothing...

3. As far as I know the iphone is the only phone that you can talk on the phone and surf the web/play a game/read a book or do any or the other amazing things and iphone can do at the same time...

4. the iPhone screen has the smoothest response compared to all of the (iPhone clones) the "droid"/Palm "Pre" & "Pixi"/ Google "Nexus one”,"G1","My Touch (G2)","Hero (both American and worldwide versions)"(even though I have nothing against Google it is still a iphone clone, until it springs a holographic screen before the iphone I will never call any phone better than an iPhone).

5. Appstore, apple has the biggest appstore ever on any electronic device, even though Google’s android os appstore is growing and its projections taking a little more than a year for it to hit 100,000+ apps by then the iphone will be free of at&t and have around 150,000-300,000 apps available and have had over 5 billion apps downloaded (current numbers in the low 3 billions)...

6. Tethering, even though at&t blocked the tethering function for their users there are ways around that in both Cydia and Rock, I myself use “MyWi” from Rock app $9.99 and it allows you to create your own wifi hotspot and the setup wep keys, the speeds are pretty good both over wifi/blue tooth/ and usb cable, there are many more free choices for tethering in Cydia, I just needed the wifi hotspot option and I think it would be a great idea for apple to make standard on the iPhone os….

sry modds i didn't know the best location to post this so i hope i'm right
    Last edited by ip3; 01-10-2010 at 08:01 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love the Iphone but I hate at&t service.

Thanks

I'm happy with both phone and carrier. I have my days, but still stay with me iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I agree, iPhone hands down

ip3
    Thanks
    with the third party fixes that we really wanted what more can you ask for(if i missed anything other than adobe flash please feel free to post it up) iPhone is my new life line...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

FYI android supports flash, multitasking, and over 20,000 apps (open-source) and none of them are repeated unlike the AppStore. Cydia/Rock makes the iPhone kinda cool but the real issue is that it takes up too much memory and it adds to more crashes and reboots. IMO the touchscreen on the iPhone hasn't gotten worse, it's not as smooth as the the 1st generation and 5 out of 5 iPhones I own have dead pixels on them, I just saw the nexus one and I'm not going to be biased I like a lot better than the iPhone. And it's not like I have to jailbreak it to make it personalized, and thanks (mmi) for everything but the apple vs jailbreak war has gone far enough.

ip3
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    FYI android supports flash, multitasking, and over 20,000 apps (open-source) and none of them are repeated unlike the AppStore. Cydia/Rock makes the iPhone kinda cool but the real issue is that it takes up too much memory and it adds to more crashes and reboots. IMO the touchscreen on the iPhone hasn't gotten worse, it's not as smooth as the the 1st generation and 5 out of 5 iPhones I own have dead pixels on them, I just saw the nexus one and I'm not going to be biased I like a lot better than the iPhone. And it's not like I have to jailbreak it to make it personalized, and thanks (mmi) for everything but the apple vs jailbreak war has gone far enough.
    Google's android has had crashes left and right and with their different android versions for different phones they are not being consistent, and on the "over 20,000 apps (open-source) and none of them are repeated unlike the AppStore" the Appstore has 135,000-150,000 apps call me when android will have than amount and if you think they will reach that amount without and copy's you are mistaken ... FYI i have no use for flash i can do everything i need to do on my iPhone without the flash! the nexus one is plagued with many problems and it will take time for Google to keep up with it all, they were unprepared for its release and BTW htc is getting sloppy since they started releasing a new phone every other week.......

please don't forget to vote when you view this thread..
    Last edited by ip3; 01-10-2010 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    yes i have 6 laptops and an iPhone 5s Space grey Tmobile, iPhone 5 LimeGreen AT&T, iPhone4S jailbroken unlocked FS, iPad mini 32gb jailbroken, and an iPad 3 Both FS click here, im an outlet whore what can i say...

***Update, I got a new MBA4,2 13" FS maxed options, I just ordered the new retina MBP 15" maxed out all features!
    I also run a tech news and tutorials blog.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

iphone
    FTW

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

ip3
    Thanks
    i'v noticed that more than 260 people have viewed this thread and only 9 voted? people please vote i would like you opinion...
    yes i have 6 laptops and an iPhone 5s Space grey Tmobile, iPhone 5 LimeGreen AT&T, iPhone4S jailbroken unlocked FS, iPad mini 32gb jailbroken, and an iPad 3 Both FS click here, im an outlet whore what can i say...

***Update, I got a new MBA4,2 13" FS maxed options, I just ordered the new retina MBP 15" maxed out all features!

Thanks

What? you get $1 for ever vote or something? chill...

ip3
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    What? you get $1 for ever vote or something? chill...
    if you sponsor me maybe, but i just want to know who has the iPhone because they wanted it and love it and who just got it because everyone els has it and will follow everyone to the next phone...
    Last edited by ip3; 01-11-2010 at 01:06 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

I will full on stick with the iphone until something can prove itself better in form and function...I have not seen such a device yet.

I think many people have not voted because your choices are two binary. I chose the iPhone (option 1), but I would never say "forever".
    kwickone I.T.H.

ip3
    Thanks
    what would you change it to...?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ip3 View Post
    Another section - because this certainly isn't news and seems pointless.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

MetallicaFan1991 (01-18-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ip3 View Post
    I would have maybe just one more option:

3. I love the iPhone, but if something better comes along, I have no issues switching.

And maybe one more:

4. I love the iPhone, but if Apple finally blocks jailbreaking, I will switch.

My 2 cents....confucious' comments not withstanding
    kwickone I.T.H.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    over 20,000 apps (open-source) and none of them are repeated unlike the AppStore.
    I had a G1 but I saw many repeated apps in there. Unless they went through and cleaned everything up in the past 6 months.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

My wife switched to the htc droid and quickly switched back. The android multitasking is a joke. As well as there un organized so called app store.

And I would like to know what is so customizable about android??? U can add a differnt wallpaper or a differn homescreen program that never runs as good as it should. Do do half the stuff a jailbroke. iPhone can do would need the droid devise to be rooted which is 10x more complecated than jailbreaking. And as for someone elses comment what the hell is the point of having so many differnt versions of the same os??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i will SO stay with iphone, but i might switch if there was something like 100x better. and, also i don't think it is possible for apple to block jailbreak forever, because in the sort of way pwnagetool and quickfreedom work with a new firmware, that may be the solution, by making making parallel firmwares to replace apples default, ALSO, replacing the software blocks. i'm not sure. butpeople, do't give up on iphone, especially since there's a new one coming out in march, which should have all those features, and think about it, hasn't apple always been a great software company? (eg:// apple lisa: first ever color GUI, and the first eve3r macintosh, all the way to iphone now, which was soo far ahead when it was revealed.) why let everyone down now?

have confidence in iphone hackers, people.

like i said, here's the new iPhone:link: http://modmyi.com/images/pauldanielash/iphone4g.png
    Last edited by iOMG; 01-13-2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

That picture has floated around before the 3GS.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah whatever there's still a new one coming out