Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Laptop Version of Safari Keeps Crashing When Viewing ModMyI.com

Default Laptop Version of Safari Keeps Crashing When Viewing ModMyI.com
    I don't know what's incompatible, but nearly every time that I visit this site, my laptop version of Safari crashes. I've tried it with both Safari 2 and 3, killed most of my plugins. Still, this site crashes my browser.

I have a MacBook Pro and it seems the more tabs I have open, the faster modmyi will crash Safari.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can the mods shed some light on what might be conflicting?

I really like this site, but have to browse it with Firefox at the moment.

Works fine on my Safari
    Last edited by johndcurry; 07-11-2007 at 05:21 PM. Reason: error

My MB works fine viewing the site with Safari 2, crashes with Safari 3 at times though.

Try opening 10 tabs, all threads from modmyi. If it still works, then open twenty. I've disabled ALL of my plugins and yet I can still make modmyi crash my browser. And I have no clue why.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Hmm. Why are you opening 20 tabs with MMi open? You'll likely trip the firewall if you have that many connections open to the server....

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Hmm. Why are you opening 20 tabs with MMi open? You'll likely trip the firewall if you have that many connections open to the server....
    I open up my RSS, then click on the posts that interest me. I've never opened twenty til the day before. Usually, by the fourth or fifth tab that I've opened, my browser has crashed.

I only mentioned twenty to see if someone could replicate the same problem.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Safari 3 crashes for me on nearly ANY site if I keep it open long enough, Safari 2 has no issues for me with MMi. I use Camino cause Safari was crashing so much for me on all sorts of sites.

Safari is crashing on seemingly random sites for me... of course these days I have MMi open quite a lot.

MMi on IE on a PC does give me some strange cannot open page errors and if I hit 'back' it will then go to the page I was requesting. As far as I've tested there are 0 issues with MMi on the latest build of Safari Windows version.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

If you are getting a common error, take a screenshot and post it up. If its just a random one, thats fine, don't worry about it.