+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Shiznit.... College is Expensive.

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
I'm going to pull some super thread necromancy and post that the school I'm going to decided to give me quite a few academic scholarships. Also, my father's workplace gives
    Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to pull some super thread necromancy and post that the school I'm going to decided to give me quite a few academic scholarships. Also, my father's workplace gives the workers' kids scholarships. Just keep a 2.5 or higher and you get $1,500 a semester. Anyway after all this stuffs, I got a $2k refund check back from the school.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SharpieBandit View Post
    I'm going to pull some super thread necromancy and post that the school I'm going to decided to give me quite a few academic scholarships. Also, my father's workplace gives the workers' kids scholarships. Just keep a 2.5 or higher and you get $1,500 a semester. Anyway after all this stuffs, I got a $2k refund check back from the school.
    Where you going? I just graduated from SELU in Finance and hopefully going to Grad school at SELU in the spring... But yes, college is hella expensive and almost pointless given the current status of the job market (which is why I'm going back to school to further my education while the economic climate hopefully comes back).

and @one1.... you sir, couldn't be more correct regarding your scholarship/grant comment. It really is BS because college is expensive regardless of your race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, creed or disability. The bottom line sales tag doesn't give a d@mn what race, ethnicity, nationality, religion creed or disability is....But the government does, especially when its not their money they're spending....
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    Where you going? I just graduated from SELU in Finance and hopefully going to Grad school at SELU in the spring... But yes, college is hella expensive and almost pointless given the current status of the job market (which is why I'm going back to school to further my education while the economic climate hopefully comes back).

Northwestern State in La. My major is Computer Info Systems. I was double majoring with a business degree too, but they cut their business majors.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    and @one1.... you sir, couldn't be more correct regarding your scholarship/grant comment. It really is BS because college is expensive regardless of your race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, creed or disability. The bottom line sales tag doesn't give a d@mn what race, ethnicity, nationality, religion creed or disability is....But the government does, especially when its not their money they're spending....
    Very true. Welcome to America. Where we hunger for money and power...

I will say this. Don't go to California colleges!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,224 Posts

I went to college for 18 months, got bored, quit, and now I sit around in my house keeping this bucket of bolts running.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

i dont have to worry about any of this stuff yet ^^

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I gots me a degree and the loans are kicking my butt.

I used to get money from my job since it was business releated but towards the end I stopped turning my papers in for the money because we were in lay off season so didn't want them to think I was a waste of money because I kept asking for it lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,876 Times in 2,215 Posts

I am going to a community college and i pocketed almost 4k last year with all the grants i had.... I ll i had to do is have a kid! Single DAD for the win!
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    I went to college for 18 months, got bored, quit, and now I sit around in my house keeping this bucket of bolts running.
    Wish I could find a way to rake in $$ at home.

I got a degree but in a field I hated (LONG STORY). Became a SAHM to decide what i really want to do. Well now that two are in college and the "baby" soon yo be a junior in high school, that extra paycheck is needed. But- I need flexibility still and temperamentally need to call my own shots. But what to do, what to do that doesn't require MORE expensive education? With 2, soon to be 3 in school i cant afford tuition/loans for me too. Seriously I have to shell out $30,000 in the next few weeks- and that's (after student loans)just for fall semester!

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    I am going to a community college and i pocketed almost 4k last year with all the grants i had.... I ll i had to do is have a kid! Single DAD for the win!
    While you received 4K for having a kid, I can assure you that you will be spending roughly that same amount on Diapers, baby food and clothes....Kids are hella expensive lol.... But 4K is better than 0K
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,876 Times in 2,215 Posts

Yeah very true but it saved me spending my own money one baby stuff and I also got a Mac out of it

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12