Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to be an software developer?

Default How to be an software developer?
    Hey! Is there a way to learn programming Apps for beginners? Maybe not "noobs" but people who have some knowledge about computers.

I never wrote any prgrams on any platforms..but it would really be interesting for me to learn writing apps.

Thanks

I agree, i've been looking for a book or something
    Nothing for beginners, all just primers and what not.

Thanks

give it a couple weeks maybe months, will be tutorials floating around just about everywhere on just about everything regards the iphone. i think there are quite a number of people that want to get involved with developing their own apps etc. thats what im waiting for anyway, and i dont have a mac

If your referring to SDK, Then check Here. Apple has a bunch of guides started for you.

I've too wanted to get into dev'ing for the iPhone. From what I understand, it's good to start with C/C++, and then look into Obj-C. I don't know what language the SDK uses, as I've never used an SDK before. But I would say look into those. Cprogramming.com is a good start. I've started there, they explain things well. Also, they give you small apps that you can compile and run on your PC (command line based).

I must say to the complete beginner, it is not an easy path. But if you have enough determination, you can succeed. Just mind you, it may be a few months before you actually get an app working on the iphone (that you wrote). I hope to eventually be able to write apps
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix