Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Terminal experts

Default Terminal experts
    so i have been trying to get my nes roms onto my iphone for too long now and ive been using a whole bunch of different ftp (with using sftp) anyways i went though every app ever. so i eventualy put the roms in a zip format and put it on my phone using ishare. i have the zip file there and i can see it with moblefinder and im glad ive gotten this far

now

so i have heard that you can movie it around with terminal . . im pretty sure i have the file . . . but i might not . .

i need help putting the zip file in the right place to it can work

im not a big fan of the terminal but ill live and i really need these games to pass time in class . . .

thanks in advance . .

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

You don't want to use the .zip file. You are supposed to use the .nes file which is INSIDE the zip file. Unzip the file, THEN up it to iShare, and down to the iPhone.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

alright i did that and put it though ishare but how do i get it so i can play it

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    You don't want to use the .zip file. You are supposed to use the .nes file which is INSIDE the zip file. Unzip the file, THEN up it to iShare, and down to the iPhone.
    what's with the iShare already, that's the slowest way possible.
    Download WinSCP (if u r on windows), or Fugu (if u r on a mac).
    make sure on ur iPhone u have these 3 things installed:
    1. BSD subsystem
    2. openSSH
    3. MobileTerminal
    now, from ur computer using either WinSCP or Fugu, connect to ur iPhone. Just type in ur iPhone's ip address, using the username 'root'.
    when prompted for password, enter the default 'dottie'.
    now u should be able to see the iPhone's filesystem.
    just find ur way into the NES rom folder, drag the file in from ur desktop, and u r done.

this seems troublesome maybe something trivial, but this will be done hundred and hundreds of time until apple opens up the USB API (please!!)

SO LEARN IT WELL!!
    Best Regards

i did that with cyberduck ill double check with fugu . . .

but if i WERE to use the terminal how would i do that

alright just did fugu . . .

it gave me one of these

@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST
    IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
    Last edited by dylan23; 09-17-2007 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You need to delete the known host keys for the remote host message to go away. I am not sure where fugu keeps the list for the known host key file. This is usually located in .ssh folder in your home/user directory under mac.

- Garrett