Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: me so sad :(

Default me so sad :(
    i was letting a friends g/f look at my home and i though she had ahold of it but nope she dropped it and it dented the back.

how much does it cost to replace the back if you can even

guess your user name applys now..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezcollector View Post
    guess your user name applys now..
    Lol...

I dunno if you can find an OEM replacement, but I know there was a 3rd party making replacements... They made them in silver and black I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
    i was letting a friends g/f look at my home and i though she had ahold of it but nope she dropped it and it dented the back.

how much does it cost to replace the back if you can even
    Sorry to hear that
    Well the good news is:
    Last I heard there are some cool replacement covers, though I can't remember the website. I think they were around 30 bucks.
    The bad news is:
    The iPhone is notoriously hard to open, in order to get the back shell off, u need to first pry open the bottom black cover, unscrew some tiny tiny screws with some special screw drivers, then pry open the silver cover.

now! just a few more steps to go!
    u then need to be careful not to break the film wire that's connected to the camera lens, unplug it, then remove the camera lens (tiny tiny screws again..) then u r done! I think ...

IMHO, live with it, or else if u got the cash, try and find some pro help.
    The iPhone is notoriously hard to disassemble.

If u must fix it and don't have the cash,
    here's a link that well help ... a lot!

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone/Rear-Panel/105/4/
    just follow the guide .. very very carefully ..
    Best Regards

Green Apple
    Thanks

http://cnn.cn/shop/apple-iphone-meta...er-p-1766.html
    there's the back one as replacement, they also have grey and silver ones, it's about 45-50 dollar though sorry.. but i heard these fits reasonably well for OEM part

heyy boo boo , i kinda had the same problem and called spple to get a price quote to replace it and they told me $199.00, but when they asked me what happened to it i told them it was just normal wear and tear scuffs on it they waived the fee!! so the only thing if you want it is the loaner phone you have to pay for. just and fyi when they ask you what happen to it as long as you don't admit you dropped it you are pretty much covered.