Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Who is going to Give up on Jailbreaking

Default Who is going to Give up on Jailbreaking
    When iPhone Firmware 2.0 rolls out, who is going to stop jailbreaking thier iPhones and just download the new apps?

so far i am, this has to be the best thing apple can do!

me 2! but im unlocked, so the best thing would be, not jailbroken and unlocked
    previously known as iWant 1.1.1
    ...my dev-base...

iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Factory Unlocked

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jobs View Post
    When iPhone Firmware 2.0 rolls out, who is going to stop jailbreaking thier iPhones and just download the new apps?

so far i am, this has to be the best thing apple can do!
    You might be able to download apps. But without being jailbroken you still won't be able to mod your phone, no custom sounds, graphics, themes...
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Loyalty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    You might be able to download apps. But without being jailbroken you still won't be able to mod your phone, no custom sounds, graphics, themes...
    Exactly what I was just about to say

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

you say the SDk will be the saviour of iPhones... Why not keep installer (via jailbreaking) as well as Appstore for the SDK? I'm pretty sure installer will be pretty useful if you want some apps that isnt 'approved' by apple which im sure a fair proportion of apps wouldnt be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Whos to say there wont be apps available through official means that offer these options?

I would like the best of both worlds if possible.

I don't own a Mac but is it possible to mod the icons and graphics on one?

If so, then it will surely be allowed on the iPhone too.

So far, I can't think of anything that wouldn't be allowed (except the obvious).

it's in the developer documentation - no application can modify data in other apps. This totally rules out customize if I'm not mistaken. Summerboard is an interesting one though, I could almost argue that it runs on top of springboard and doesn't actually modify other app files. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tootootoo View Post
    Whos to say there wont be apps available through official means that offer these options?
    See the SDK readme
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i will be waiting until i hear the reviews before i decide to update....i will assume that the way we have been doing it will be better until i hear otherwise
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

The SDK apps will either suck or be at a cost. I'll stay jailbroken and HAVE SDK apps...

Thanks

Having a jailbreak is like a condom; you'd rather wear it and have nothing bad happen, than lose out and regret that you didn't wear it when something bad does. If you think Apple will provide the answer to all our woes, I suggest you think harder. Jailbreak first. **** with Apple later.

Problem is, people often have too high expectations.
    Last edited by dale1v; 03-07-2008 at 10:31 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Heres what I think will happen. Even when the v2.0 firmware comes out, I think someone will find a way to jailbreak it. I don't think this whole community was based around jailbreaking, and then something like this comes along to wipe it all out. I think that there will be jailbreaking still because someone will jailbreak it, then we will have two ways(or three if you include cyndia) and go from there. I like what I have seen so far from the event, so lets hope we can see some awsome things. And I strongly believe now that with the SDK, we will eventually see a flash plugin, thats what I'm hoping for.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

ill continue to jailbreak for as long as i own a iphone. i need customization and apple doesn't provide that.

and who's to say, the sdk gets hacked, and developers can make software with and for the sdk without the need of apple to "approve" of them and host them. hack the appinstaller program and let other repo's be added.

we have to wait n see, but jailbreaking will never end.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

ok i was thinking about this today, tell me if im wrong, i know it would be kinda costly but in theory couldnt we pay the 99$ for the iphone sdk and get the pre-release 2.0 and run the apps from xcode to the iphone? If we do that now couldnt people theoretically send the source files to another person that has paid the 99$ fee and have them upload it to their phone? Even better if you get the pre-release couldnt you try and figure out how to jailbreak it now and possibly leak the pre release and have everyone download the free sdk and upload all the apps made in xcode to the iphones. It seems like it would be an easy way to upload it to a phone without apple approval....

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    ill continue to jailbreak for as long as i own a iphone. i need customization and apple doesn't provide that.

and who's to say, the sdk gets hacked, and developers can make software with and for the sdk without the need of apple to "approve" of them and host them. hack the appinstaller program and let other repo's be added.

we have to wait n see, but jailbreaking will never end.
    -------
    Whoa, I like the way you think. Yeah, what if the SDK was to get hacked and developers where to write apps. Good thinking. I got a feeling that could happen, along with what I was saying as well

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Having a jailbreak is like a condom; you'd rather wear it and have nothing bad happen, than lose out and regret that you didn't wear it when something bad does. If you think Apple will provide the answer to all our woes, I suggest you think harder. Jailbreak first. **** with Apple later.

Problem is, people often have too high expectations.
    I think its more like the other way round... SDK is more like the condom.. better safe than sorry but jailbreak more like bareback. Feels better but.. unsafe. lol.

A continuance of jailbreak I will have. Not trust SDK do I.

The only reason i would jailbreak my phone honestly is to have a background wallpaper on my homescreen. I wonder if that would be aloud in the AppStore?? any ideas

if not i will jailbreak
    if so ehh dunno

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast