Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone always freezing/locking up, please help

Default Phone always freezing/locking up, please help
    Whenever I have the iPhone on hold for more than a minute or two, when I press the hold button and it prompts me with 'slide to unlock' it will freeze and require a hard reset. It behaves this way when only activated, or when also unlocked and used with another carrier's SIM.

It also behaves this way in airplane mode, so WiFi shouldn't be the culpret. I used iNdependence 1.1.1, iTunes 7.4.1 and the 1.0.2 firmware. I've tried restoring it a couple of times, and it's behaved this way each time. I really appreciate the help, it's very frusterating to have to do this each time I use the phone.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

perhaps it's a defected phone...restore it back to factory settings..and exchange for a new one.

Thanks
    Freezing on the iPhone is normally related to a software conflict issue, but, there are a LOT of people using iNdependence and don't have any problems. When I started seeing more and more freezing on my phone I did a restore and started all over. So far the problem hasn't returned so I would suggest the same thing.

Hopefully someone else has a better idea, mine works but it means you have to start all over again with the themes, tones, games and stuff

I can start over from the beginning and reproduce the issue at the Connect to iTunes to Activate first screen if I let that screen timeout and wait a minute and press the home button. Because of that, I'm pretty sure it's a hardware problem, and it's nothing related to iNdependence, so I'll take it to Apple tomorrow.

Since i just bought the phone last week, hopefully they won't give me any problems about it. Is there any evidence of me unlocking the phone once I've restored the phone?