Results 1 to 19 of 19

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: You better check your bank/cc statements if you went over $100 for your rebate

  1. #1
    Default You better check your bank/cc statements if you went over $100 for your rebate
    So I placed an order today using my rebate.. My total was $100.95

    I used my debit card for the .95 that was over the $100 amount..

    I just checked my bank account and I see 3 charges(I had 3 items) from apple.. They didnt give me $100 there charging me $100..

    I called apple and they CLAIM its just used in case the gift card which is what there system sees the rebate as for back funding in case its bad. Well if it goes thru and clears my bank im contacting a lawyer.

    This is insane.. There charging me for something that was supposed to be free..

    TOTALLY NOT ACCEPTABLE..

  2. #2
    Most places actually do this to cover their own ***. They place a verification charge on the card to make sure its approved for the entire order amount, then apply all discounts and remove the unnecessary charges. I dont see the problem as you werent actually "charged" per se..

  3. #3
    well just got 2 emails which I saved saying there is a problem with charges on my order to contact apple immediatly..

    3 items and all 3 are being shipped seperatly? one is shipped, one says getting ready to ship, and the other says nothing..

    wtf is going on over there..

    I hope to the lords of lawsuits above apple doesnt debit my account.. I will get a lawyer involved. this is just not acceptable..

    And I got blood on my face from the last slap of buying a phone and 18 days later its discontinued.. This will be the knock out punch..

    But im not just going to lay down and take it this time..

  4. #4
    Okay buddy.. Im sure if anything goes wrong, they will resolve it. Take a chill pill.

  5. #5
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,484
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

    Yah. Sounds like just a hold. Gas stations sometimes do the same thing. And when you buy plane tickets it can happen. They authorize the card for an amount, but then charge for another. Drops off in 24 hours usually.
    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

  6. #6
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Highland Park, IL
    Posts
    490
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 31 Times in 29 Posts

    good luck getting a lawyer to deal with a $100 debit. sorry guy..

  7. #7
    hey might seem like nothing to you but when I called apple both times they sounded like they had no clue what was going on..

    Not a reassuring call lets say that. And charging someone for something thats there not supposed to is against the law.

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,339
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 70 Times in 62 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    good luck getting a lawyer to deal with a $100 debit. sorry guy..
    lol...
    mod edit, old signature removed

  9. #9
    I'm sure their site is getting hammered with orders right now. So I would take others advice and just calm down.

  10. #10
    im completely calm..

    I have friends that are lawyers and a case is a case. for the people that said good luck. The law is the law.

    And I got a real sour taste in my mouth to begin with and this is really just not something im going to let them stand by and per the calls "Guess" what is wrong.

    Both calls neither person had a clue what and why it was happening.

    There only advice is if it screws up your bank then call us back.. Well ummm no. This shouldnt have even shown up on my account in the first place. I didnt use my card for funding to begin with I used there rebate. SO WHY would it appear on my card..

    We shall see.

  11. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Heart&soul@Israel, USA
    Posts
    583
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 44 Times in 36 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    lol...
    Its not funny, sometimes thats the way they make a lot of money...

    Lets say if AT&T decides to send SMS to all of their customers and its not a real "free msg" than they made a lot of money

  12. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    1824'N ~ 6605'W
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Yah. Sounds like just a hold. Gas stations sometimes do the same thing. And when you buy plane tickets it can happen. They authorize the card for an amount, but then charge for another. Drops off in 24 hours usually.
    Actually, if they don't remove it, then it takes 10 days for it to drop off. Trust me.

  13. #13
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    City of Brotherly Love
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 321 Times in 176 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by maXimus View Post
    Actually, if they don't remove it, then it takes 10 days for it to drop off. Trust me.


    Yup maXimus is right, that is the limit the bank can legally hold it before it is released. It also happens sometimes when you reserve a hotel room as well

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to .:MirrorminD:. For This Useful Post:

    mrazzo (09-15-2007)

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by maXimus View Post
    Actually, if they don't remove it, then it takes 10 days for it to drop off. Trust me.
    exactly then its going to screw up my balance in my account which I am not a rich man by any means. Which means I am going to have my account locked out and screwed.

    And there my friends you have the lawsuit.

    People fail to realize laws are here to protect you against things that are illegal if this is a hold which there shouldnt be a hold PERIOD I am using there rebate not my money, then they are breaking laws.

    Laws dont abide by dollar amounts, it could be for 2 cents. if its done illegally then there is the cause to bring legal action in.

    If my account gets over drafted on 3 seperate transactions then its $33 a overdraft fee, plus my check automatically goes in my account from work on tuesdays, then they will take it from that money which in turn is going to make other autodebit bills I have bounce and totally going to screw me.

    And in the mean time I am out money for food, gas, and what not till they decide to straighten it out which I will be at there mercy if it takes months then I am only going to keep compiling overdraft fees with no money for me to live on.
    Last edited by ibanezcollector; 09-14-2007 at 07:54 PM.

  16. #15
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,484
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

    Or just call your bank. Its a completely legal thing. Tell them it was an authorization and you need it dropped off. They will be more than happy to do so. They're familiar with them as well.

    And if you are not a rich man by any means, it is a much better idea to call your bank, take 2 minutes to have them drop it off, than to spend tens of thousands of dollars in lawyer fees to dispute a common and legal bank practice.
    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

  17. #16
    My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    529
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 51 Times in 41 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ibanezcollector View Post
    exactly then its going to screw up my balance in my account which I am not a rich man by any means. Which means I am going to have my account locked out and screwed.

    And there my friends you have the lawsuit.

    People fail to realize laws are here to protect you against things that are illegal if this is a hold which there shouldnt be a hold PERIOD I am using there rebate not my money, then they are breaking laws.

    Laws dont abide by dollar amounts, it could be for 2 cents. if its done illegally then there is the cause to bring legal action in.

    If my account gets over drafted on 3 seperate transactions then its $33 a overdraft fee, plus my check automatically goes in my account from work on tuesdays, then they will take it from that money which in turn is going to make other autodebit bills I have bounce and totally going to screw me.

    And in the mean time I am out money for food, gas, and what not till they decide to straighten it out which I will be at there mercy if it takes months then I am only going to keep compiling overdraft fees with no money for me to live on.
    welcome to america... the land of endless frivolous lawsuits

    I can see why you'd be upset, but why don't you just call apple (they will fix it..)
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

  18. #17
    I have called apple two times and both times they have no clue why its on there..

    WHAT PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND IS WHY IS IT ON MY CARD WHEN I USED A REBATE FROM THEM.. NOT MY CARD... I NEVER USED MY CARD..

    Its common practice to authorize a card for something when the card is never used? NO its not.

  19. #18
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    50/50 Alabama/Florida
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    When I bought an iPod yesterday I paid $100 with the credit-back and the rest with my debit card. The ONLY thing that showed up when I checked my account online was a hold for the balance AFTER the $100, not the whole thing. I would say, contact the bank and dispute it with them

  20. #19
    checked my CC online, only pending charge is the 300 dollar 8GB iphone, 100 credit wasn't even put on as a hold. I would personally just call the bank, a hold is not the same as a charge so I doubt you will see any effect on your account

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •