Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do i play Mp3's from a website that requires you to login?

Default How do i play Mp3's from a website that requires you to login?
    I have all my music hosted on my website, so that I can access it whilst away from home, the music accessed via appache webserver, secured by htpasswd.

I can get to the directory listing the mp3's, but, Question is how do i gain access to the mp3 via my iphone?

Regards
    danb

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

If you can see it in Safari, you should just be able to click it and it will open up in a new Safari window.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Yeah, I can see the directory listing the file, but if I click on the file quick time loads, then I see the message in the top of the QT window "Loading Movie..." then after about 10 seconds I get "Error playing movie" "OK"

If I run do the same thing on a windows PC, I have to enter the password once for the browser, and then again in media player.

Which makes me think that QT should be asking me for a username password, which it doesn't

HELP, please.

Dan

Well, Having disable the user login (I simply renamed the .htaccess and .htpasswd files), I can confirm that the embeded QT player cant handle user authentication.

So, anyone know much about Apache? How can I get apache to allow the user to access the mp3's in QT without having to login again?
    Last edited by danb; 09-15-2007 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost