+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SDK is Coming tomorrow???

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
SDK is coming tomorrow.. does anyone excited about this news????
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default SDK is Coming tomorrow???
    SDK is coming tomorrow.. does anyone excited about this news????

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

From what ive read, tomorrow will just be information about it, and if they do release it it will be an early beta and there wont be that many, if any, apps for it. So im going to stick with my jailbroken iphone till Apple gives me a reason to do otherwise
    iLive an iLife

iPhone? More like MyPhone GenghisPhlip's Avatar
    Thanks

It also appears that Apple will release it in pieces retaining total control over (attempted) the way it is used.

s2k
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

when sdk came out for the sidekick it seemed cool but this is another way for the people who grow tired of their regular iphones theyve had for months to be like "oh wow nice some new stuff"

in the modding community everyday could be something new
    there is no release dates it just comes out.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I don't think that the SDK release will add anything close to what jailbreaking gives you. And besides, even with official 3rd party apps available through itunes, nothing will be as powerful as the apps available for jailbroken phone. I mean come on, apple will never want you to have stuff like BSD and SSH.

Banned
    Thanks

i dont even know what this SDK means..if anyone could explain it to me without making fun of me that would be great!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mdbsat View Post
    i dont even know what this SDK means..if anyone could explain it to me without making fun of me that would be great!!!!
    software development kit... allows certain people that have been given the authority by apple to write apps to most likely sell and for you to buy through itunes... kinda like games for the ipod if u will except from other companies etc

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gameviper For This Useful Post:

jakeasdel (03-06-2008)

Thanks

We certainly won't see anything extremely great for another few weeks after the release, whenever that may be.

Reako

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i agree with wine guy, SDK is SUPER anticipated, to the point that apple can't even fulfill the wants of iphone and itouch owners. i mean c'mon, you really think "Bejewed" or "Tetris" (which will probably be the first games to come out) can beat NES or TapTap Revolution? (props on Nate True). For now i'm sticking to my jailbroken 1.1.4 iphone. Thanks Zibri!!!

and why PAY for games on itunes, when you can simply download them from and into your iphone or itouch? Try to respond to THAT Steve Jobs!
    Last edited by DJContagious; 03-05-2008 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone b-ballstyle's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJContagious View Post
    and why PAY for games on itunes, when you can simply download them from and into your iphone or itouch? Try to respond to THAT Steve Jobs!
    THATS RIGHT

Thanks
    the SDK apps will not be free, plus I like my nice n hacked fone. Plus whatever apps apple makes will suck.

Green Apple
    Thanks

excited about what ? SDK ? c'mon

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    the only thing i can see that is good from thr SDK is the possibility of a stable IM program or flash..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

But then we also learned flash is going to be postponed -on the news page- because mobile flash is too weak, but the full flash is too strong. ...unless somebody were to port mplayer or vnc for the iphone for just simple .flv videos

Thanks

Well here's how I look at it. I'm really excited. The reason is this. Say apple comes out with a copy and paste app or something really cool and are charging people. Now what I'm thinking is that the devs will be able to decode these apps and find out how they work. Why? So they can rebuild/redesign them to make the app be used for other things instead of what apple wants it to be used for. Also, they can make the free for the modding community. Basically to learn and make apps that the devs come out even better and most importantly, FREE!!

Thanks

The SDK will be a good thing, but the full kit will not be out until June-ish, therefore we can only expect a little for now. But it will be good to see some big firms get into the app creating mix. I'll be most interested to see what Apple will allow. I wonder how hard it would be for a company to fake apples signing, and then release it on their own... I still say Jailbreaking FTW.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    Well here's how I look at it. I'm really excited. The reason is this. Say apple comes out with a copy and paste app or something really cool and are charging people. Now what I'm thinking is that the devs will be able to decode these apps and find out how they work. Why? So they can rebuild/redesign them to make the app be used for other things instead of what apple wants it to be used for. Also, they can make the free for the modding community. Basically to learn and make apps that the devs come out even better and most importantly, FREE!!
    i like your idea...

Thanks

Long live the jailbreak

Green Apple
    Thanks

wow the aim app looks so hot ... go apple :P

Thanks

Ok, so guys, when the full SDK comes out in June or whenever, are we allowed, (I mean us with jailbroken and unlocked phones) to go and like, download stuff or what?? I'm confused on this whole thing? We have had 3rd party apps for a long time, and SDK is just that right? 3rd party apps? But, for people with AT&T right??

So does it pertain to us to, or not? Like when it fully comes out, what can we do to our phones with it? Yikes! If anyone remotely understands what the hell I am asking, hehehehe Maybe you can try and explain it to me??
    I'm basically just asking, is it something that someone with a jailbroken and unlocked phone can take advantage of or not? There! Did that make a little more sense?? Oh! Well, thanks in advance guys! xoxo
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!