+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iUnlock question?

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
With the new iUnlock software out, I have a few questions. What would the benefits be for a AT&T customer who has put their own sim card in the iPhone?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iUnlock question?
    With the new iUnlock software out, I have a few questions. What would the benefits be for a AT&T customer who has put their own sim card in the iPhone? Would I still have to re-activate after every firmware upgrade or would that process be unnecessary after unlocking? Also, how about the YouTube aplication? I currently have it working, but again, if the phone doesn't have to be re-activated after every firmware upgrade, then can YouTube still be unlocked on the iPhone? Pretty much, would it be worth the hassle to unlock if the phone is staying on AT&T?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dustintinsley View Post
    With the new iUnlock software out, I have a few questions. What would the benefits be for a AT&T customer who has put their own sim card in the iPhone? Would I still have to re-activate after every firmware upgrade or would that process be unnecessary after unlocking? Also, how about the YouTube aplication? I currently have it working, but again, if the phone doesn't have to be re-activated after every firmware upgrade, then can YouTube still be unlocked on the iPhone? Pretty much, would it be worth the hassle to unlock if the phone is staying on AT&T?
    My main benefit: I am staying with at&t, however now i can use a prepaid gsm carrier sim when i travel internationally. That's huge for me, and many others.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, that thought didnt cross my mind... That will come in handy. But my main concern is about would I have to reactivate it with every firmware update?

i dont see in theory that you would have to, but i am niot sure about that...
    Last edited by dustintinsley; 09-11-2007 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

why can i not use it for my mac? i get a quicktime(Qmpeg) icon and when i click it says that it is not a movie file? what do i need to do so that i get my 50 dollars back for the simfree