+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Introduction and few questions

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Im new here, this is my first post I figured I would introduce my self. Im 22 years old and love cars and all things electronic. Im probably going to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Introduction and few questions
    Im new here, this is my first post I figured I would introduce my self. Im 22 years old and love cars and all things electronic. Im probably going to be picking up a 4gig Iphone tonight but I had a few questions about it. Im not new to hacking phones, I have been modding my phone since the Motorola T-720 and most recently my Razr. Im doing all this on a Mac so hopefully it should be easier this time around. LOL. Im only getting this to use it as an internet tablet basically and listen to some music (have an 80 gig video and 30 gig click wheel)

1st. Has anyone found out which prepaid data only service will work for this?
    2nd. If there is no prepaid can I hop on a data only plan for another service and port the SIM over?
    3rd. Is the battery life any good on these things?
    4th. What are the got to have hacks for this aside from the Jailbreak programs?

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kikcaffine View Post
    1st. Has anyone found out which prepaid data only service will work for this?
    2nd. If there is no prepaid can I hop on a data only plan for another service and port the SIM over?
    3rd. Is the battery life any good on these things?
    4th. What are the got to have hacks for this aside from the Jailbreak programs?
    First, welcome to the site! Always good to have another hacker on the site. Regarding your questions:
    3. Yes. Drawbacks are obviously that if you use wifi alot, talk on the phone a lot and/or use bluetooth (any send/receive functionality), you will see huge drops in battery life. This is consistant with the specs and with all other phones that i have used...
    4. Have to have apps: Installer.app is first. That's pretty much the only "hack" that you need to do and it's all automated with the AppTap installer. From there, you can use installer on the iphone to install open SSH, the BSD tools and Dock. Those are pretty much the foundational apps...you can go anywhere you want with that as your starting point.

Cheers and we hope to see you on the site more in the future!
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to antiflash For This Useful Post:

kikcaffine (09-10-2007)