+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Red Ring. Oh Nozes.

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
So Today I got the red ring.I was three but one. I got the E74 message when I turned it on. I also created a blog thanks to BlogPress app
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iamnintendork's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Red Ring. Oh Nozes.
    So Today I got the red ring.I was three but one. I got the E74 message when I turned it on.
    I also created a blog thanks to BlogPress app for the iPhone.
    I Haz Fail

Thanks

That sucks, dude. I'm sure my 360 is going to RRoD anytime now. It runs really loud and you can tell it's working hard... I've had this one since about 3-4 months after my launch one, though, so it had a good run but may be out of warranty.
    Respect your elders.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

i had the rrod already good thing Microsoft put out that 3 year warranty on it. but i did the towel fix first and waited till it broke again. the towel method actually worked really well.

Thanks

Yeah, I've been anticipating it for a while. I do have a question though, I originally bought the warranty from best buy when I first bought it last year but i've been hearing just to send it in to Microsoft. So I don't know what to do.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

yea microsoft gave out a free 3 year warranty from the day you bought your xbox only for the rrod. so call xbox help and they will tel you what to do.

Thanks

My kids got the red ring when their 360 was only a month old. The had bright it up to playonthebig screen and were playing Gears nonstop. We had it replaced under warranty. It took about 3 weeks. This was just about a year ago. Ever since it sits on a laptop pad and has a cooling fan. They also make sure the electric adapter is also not sitting on the carpet. Haven't had an issue again.

Thanks

^The cooling fans aren't usually good for the 360. They clog up the fan more than they actually help it and have been known to cause RRoD due to this heat buildup...

When my box RRoD'ed I had a Best Buy warranty and this was still before Microsoft gave out the warranty to everyone, so I took it to Best Buy and just returned it. I even made them let me keep my HDD so I didn't lose stuff. I kept all the stickers and manuals and ethernet cord from the original, too, so I ended up with two of everything after I realized they were just going to take the box/cords/controller back.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    ^The cooling fans aren't usually good for the 360. They clog up the fan more than they actually help it and have been known to cause RRoD due to this heat buildup...

When my box RRoD'ed I had a Best Buy warranty and this was still before Microsoft gave out the warranty to everyone, so I took it to Best Buy and just returned it. I even made them let me keep my HDD so I didn't lose stuff. I kept all the stickers and manuals and ethernet cord from the original, too, so I ended up with two of everything after I realized they were just going to take the box/cords/controller back.
    We researched this ad nauseum and there is a lot of debate about the fans. We decided to go with one and have never had a heat issue again. We did our return vis Microsoft so kept the HDD. This thing has seen hours and hours of non stop use since with all kinds of intensive games. My thought is that with the refurbs that were being sent out ( we did not get our same unit back) that they fixed what apparently was a weak solder connection on the graphics processor.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    We researched this ad nauseum and there is a lot of debate about the fans. We decided to go with one and have never had a heat issue again. We did our return vis Microsoft so kept the HDD. This thing has seen hours and hours of non stop use since with all kinds of intensive games. My thought is that with the refurbs that were being sent out ( we did not get our same unit back) that they fixed what apparently was a weak solder connection on the graphics processor.
    Good for you guys, then. I know they're sort of hit and miss, but they've definitely got a bad rap, sometimes rightfully so.

It could be your refurb, too, but who knows? Care to share the brand/model with us (/me )? My box doesn't get used as much anymore since I'm at school, but I have no real aerated space to put it when it is being played, plus as I said before it's a real old box, so I'd like to see if there are any proven, good fans out there that might prolong my safety from RRoD since my warranty is now officially gone, I believe.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

When I got my RROD, all I did was unplugged it, took out the hard drive, let it sit for an hour then I started it back up and it worked
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks

It could be your refurb, too, but who knows? Care to share the brand/model with us (/me )? My box doesn't get used as much anymore since I'm at school, but I have no real aerated space to put it when it is being played, plus as I said before it's a real old box, so I'd like to see if there are any proven, good fans out there that might prolong my safety from RRoD since my warranty is now officially gone, I believe.
    Red Ring. Oh Nozes.-photo.jpg
    When I got my RROD, all I did was unplugged it, took out the hard drive, let it sit for an hour then I started it back up and it worked
    That worked the first time the RROD happened, but an hour later it came back and nothing made it go away.
    Last edited by bhz1; 12-10-2008 at 07:50 AM.

Thanks

We got the RRoD too but the symptoms weren't exactly what everyone else described. So I called MS and the first time they said it wasn't the RRoD and they could fix it but it would cost me. So I jumped on YouTube and watched a video of what happens and what CS at MS walks you through. Then I called back again and played the video as they had me do different things. As I did them the CS person would ask what I see. I played the video and described what was on the video.

I got my 360 replaced.

Thanks

I went to best buy. I got a brand new xbox bundle. And got to keep my HD. I just had to re-download maps and songs for games.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

i have a launch xbox and it probably has over 365 DAYS playtime on it... havent yet had an issue... will probably bust now that I posted this...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

mine went out when it was 11 months old and I bearly use the thing that often
    I did get it replaced though only took about a week though

Thanks

just so you guys know (working for microsoft i know this) your first send in for the rrod is free and they wont even question you....if they do...speak to a manager. just a useful tip
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks

^Really? Even outside of the three year warranty?

That'd be great for me...
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

yup yup yup. just call it in. 1-800-4MYXBOX if they fight it just ask to speak to a manager. tell them that you were informed that its microsoft policy that you replace it ONCE for one device.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks

Have I taken a wrong cyber turn? I could have sworn that this site was for iPhone questions and posts?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badmannie View Post
    Have I taken a wrong cyber turn? I could have sworn that this site was for iPhone questions and posts?
    The "Chit-Chat" Forum is essentially an "off-topic" area. As defined on the main forum page, it is a place to "socialize". This said, had this topic shown up in "General iPhone Chat or another area, you would be quite correct.