+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Answer Me This

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Well the US is the best at Baseball. We did win the Gold in Beijing- Oh wait, that was S. Korea... lol
    Thanks

Well the US is the best at Baseball. We did win the Gold in Beijing- Oh wait, that was S. Korea... lol
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

but why is it called futbol (foot ball in spanish) for soccer but it's also called futbol americano for regular football and and it's too different games?

of beef is used to make a burger , why do they call it hamburger? There is no ham of pork in beef...why not call it beefburger... They don't call turkey burgers lambburger
    Last edited by z3r01; 11-06-2008 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

To answer your question on the hamburger.

In the 1600s - Ships from the German port of Hamburg, Germany began calling on Russian port. During this period the Russian steak tartare was brought back to Germany and called "tartare steak."

18th and 19th Centuries

Hamburg Steak

In the late eighteenth century, the largest ports in Europe were in Germany. Sailors who had visited the ports of Hamburg, Germany and New York, brought this food and term "Hamburg Steak" into popular usage. To attract German sailors, eating stands along the New York city harbor offered "steak cooked in the Hamburg style.
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

Thanks

wow, thanx lol but you havent answer my futbol question lol nah, j/k
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    To answer your question on the hamburger.

In the 1600s - Ships from the German port of Hamburg, Germany began calling on Russian port. During this period the Russian steak tartare was brought back to Germany and called "tartare steak."

18th and 19th Centuries

Hamburg Steak

In the late eighteenth century, the largest ports in Europe were in Germany. Sailors who had visited the ports of Hamburg, Germany and New York, brought this food and term "Hamburg Steak" into popular usage. To attract German sailors, eating stands along the New York city harbor offered "steak cooked in the Hamburg style.
    Whoa...

Didn't know that, thanks for the fun fact

In all seriousness though, I'd love to see the MLB open up and do a worldwide thing. It would be so awesome. But, how would they have time for this? There could never truly be a 'world series'. Think about it, by the time baseball is done here in the states, there are only a few months before it all starts over again.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Whoa...

In all seriousness though, I'd love to see the MLB open up and do a worldwide thing. It would be so awesome. But, how would they have time for this? There could never truly be a 'world series'. Think about it, by the time baseball is done here in the states, there are only a few months before it all starts over again.
    Maybe it can be done the same way as the World Cup Football/Soccer is done. 4 countries in 1 group & the top 1 advances to the next stage.
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    Maybe it can be done the same way as the World Cup Football/Soccer is done. 4 countries in 1 group & the top 1 advances to the next stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Whoa...

Or Baseball can just get rid of some of their 164 game season. I mean, honestly, do they HAVE to play every other day?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sebgonz View Post
    I mean, honestly, do they HAVE to play every other day?
    yes

lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

sebgonz (11-10-2008)

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12