+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Drivers license!!!!!

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
I got mine 31 years ago, no accidents either. A few speeding tickets though Never lost my licence. never got caught going fast enough for that. Ive been lucky in
    Thanks

I got mine 31 years ago, no accidents either. A few speeding tickets though Never lost my licence. never got caught going fast enough for that. Ive been lucky in that the tickets (maybe 5) were mostly out of state.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had one accident a few speeding tickets......One for drag racing when I was a teen.

I have seen a few bad accidents in my 29yr of driving.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks for the good lucks and sorry it took me so long to post back. speed traps o man there a killer i see them everywhere. and i got my license yay! ill be looking back on this in a few years thinking man i remember those days

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Ok, so I have a perfect driving record now....but a few years back, well not so good....here is a list of what my record has seen:

1. Probably about 8 speeding tickets
    2. Drag racing
    3. Burning out
    4. Reckless driving
    5. Improper lane change
    6. failure to yield to an emergency vehicle
    7. tinted windows (3 times)
    8. No windshield wipers (yeah)
    9. illegal tag frame (another yeah)
    10. No seatbelt (3 times)
    11. Improper lane usage (twice)
    12. Wheelies (3 times, fun though)
    13. Running a stop sign
    14. accelerating to quickly
    15. illegal exhaust
    16. over revving (didnt know that existed)
    17. Too fast for conditions

I may have forgot something.

The best one:

172mph in a 65mph zone (Oh yeah, thats 107 over)- GOT REALLY LUCKY, cop rode bikes too, dropped to "to fast for conditions" which is nothing. It was me and 2 of my buddy's, we were all on sportbikes.

But, after all that....I never actually lost my license!

Thanks

That's an offense? O_o

Thanks

^^In Georgia there is a tint percentage they go by, if its too dark, you get ticket. Most states it doesnt matter, Ga sucks.

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

drivers and passengers can't be tinted at all in CA. gayyyy.

Thanks

^^Wow, even worse....our is a percent for Driver's/Passenger windows, anything else (back windows) doesnt matter.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i just did my drug and alcohol classes, so ill be there soon too. good luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^^Wow, even worse....our is a percent for Driver's/Passenger windows, anything else (back windows) doesn't matter.
    When I bought my M5 the previous owner tinted the windows. I couldn't see out the side windows at night very well. I like good vision since I tend to drive "spiritedly". Plus we were tracking the car at high performance driving schools and too much tint wasn't allowed on track. So I had all the tint removed. I have much better visibility at night.

While tint may look cool and help keep the inside of the car cool its not the best for night vision.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    While tint may look cool and help keep the inside of the car cool its not the best for night vision.
    I had a truck with 5% all the way around......yes including the windshield.

I could not see at night to drive it.
    Last edited by A Retired Mod; 10-26-2008 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks

I don't think texas has any tint laws, of course, I'm pretty opposed to finding out the way cpjr did.

Thanks

The best one:

172mph in a 65mph zone (Oh yeah, thats 107 over)- GOT REALLY LUCKY, cop rode bikes too, dropped to "to fast for conditions" which is nothing. It was me and 2 of my buddy's, we were all on sportbikes.

I was about to ask what you were driving until I read on that you were on a sport bike. What kind of bike?

Of my speeding tickets, most were for going within 20 mph of the posted limit, however the one I received in-state where I potentially could have lost my licence was for doing 93 in a 55. This is a three lane brand new expressway but the speed nazis have it posted at 55. There was literally no traffic and it was good weather and daylight out. Driving my M5, which seems to enjoy speeds over 80 mph, ths was not unsafe, just not legal.
    I got a ticket for 38 over which in PA is 5 points and a 15 day suspension. I went to court and the way it works here is the cop that issues the ticket comes over to talk to you ahead of time and you make a deal of sorts. I happened to have a clean 10 year record no tickets no accidents (as far as my PA driver record was concerned ) so the sop being a nice guy offered to lower the chard to 10 over which is only 2 points and a much lower fine and no question of suspension. Not that 15 days is a long time but at the time none of my kids drove and living in the burbs without a car even for two weeks would have been a disaster.

Oh the other ticket I got was when some dumb mall cop tried to accuse me of hit and run. I was driving my Suburban and had my elderly mother with me. SHe insisted I find a space close to the mall entrance and then bumped my arm as I was shoehorning the truck into the tight space. I brushed up against one of the parked cars. I realized I neeeded a bigger spot so moved one orw over to a larger spot and before I could walk back to the car I dinged to leave a note the cop nabbed me for "leaving the scene of an "accident". Thre was only a black scuffmark on the door which wiped off and a small dent which dent doctor could have fixed for $99. But because the stupid cop got involved the cars owner believed him and not me, she insisted on a body shop and I had to report to my insurance for $1800 in repairs. The cop could not believe I was going back to the car (I was already walking in that direction which was away from the mall entrance doh!). Anyway, I went to court for that one too. I think the judge wanted to believe me but didnt drop the charge entirely, I got stuck with "withholding information from a police officer" or something dumb like that and a lecture about him seeing nice suburban ladies thinking it was "no big deal" for small dammge and leaving. Whatever. I know the truth and that is what counts. The hit and run thing would have been utterly ridiculous, and could have had jail time. Apparently there is a lot of that sort of thing going on up at the mall and I got made an example of even though I wasnt running anywhere. I didnt want to block the lane of traffic when I could move the truck out of the way and walk back. Way to encourage someone to do the right thing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, so I have a perfect driving record now....but a few years back, well not so good....here is a list of what my record has seen:

1. Probably about 8 speeding tickets
    2. Drag racing
    3. Burning out
    4. Reckless driving
    5. Improper lane change
    6. failure to yield to an emergency vehicle
    8. No windshield wipers (yeah)
    9. illegal tag frame (another yeah)
    10. No seatbelt (3 times)
    11. Improper lane usage (twice)
    12. Wheelies (3 times, fun though)
    13. Running a stop sign
    14. accelerating to quickly
    15. illegal exhaust
    16. over revving (didnt know that existed)
    17. Too fast for conditions

I may have forgot something.

The best one:

over revving? thats a mad stupid one. in pa its a 45% tint law :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I was about to ask what you were driving until I read on that you were on a sport bike. What kind of bike?
    That was on a 2005 CBR1000....which I had only had at the time for about a month.

Among that, have owned a VFR750, ZX10, GSXR750, VTR1000 (Superhawk)

I still have the Superhawk1000 and CBR1000

The CBR1000 (pretty modified) I have had up to 194mph...clocked with radar (a cop buddy )

Thanks

The CBR1000 (pretty modified) I have had up to 194mph...clocked with radar (a cop buddy )
    Holy crap! I've only been riding for a couple of years but I did get it up to 105mph riding one up with my fiancee. I was on I5 here in WA. I slowed down to take the exit and I yelled back, 'You okay?' She said, 'Hell yeah, you could've gone faster!'

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I think cpjr likes to live dangerously.... LOL I can't imagine going that fast!

Thanks

^^Hahaha, ok not on the list of "safest" or "smartest" things i've ever done, but I had to see, my goal was/is 200mph which I think I could achieve on a course meant for that....but im not gonna try it again on the road

And yeah, its crazy fast...especially on a bike. keepin tucked, everything is a solid blur....10 mile stretch in like 3 minutes.
    Last edited by cpjr; 10-27-2008 at 03:01 PM.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

^^Hahaha, ok not on the list of "safest" or "smartest" things i've ever done, but I had to see, my goal was/is 200mph which I think I could achieve on a course meant for that....but im not gonna try it again on the road

And yeah, its crazy fast...especially on a bike. keepin tucked, everything is a solid blur....10 mile stretch in like 3 minutes.
    So when your going that fast is it some kind of big rush?

Thanks

^^Yeah kinda.....I much prefer the "twisties" on a bike, that is, going through the corners on a mountain road for example.

Going fast in a straight line doesnt require a whole lot of skill in my opinion....but taking curves does.

Used to be into fast cars....but the bikes require alot more skill and I like it!