Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone REMOTELY DISABLED!

Default iPhone REMOTELY DISABLED!
    Ok, so today i was at a mall and i went to the apple store inside, when i was in the apple store, i felt my iPhone Buzz once, then i pulled it out of my pocket and it was off... so i turned it on, and it STAYS AT THE DAMN APPLE LOGO. Coincidence? i think not. it was working fine the whole drive to the mall, i was listening to songs, making songs, everything, AS SOON AS I STEPPED INTO THE APPLE STORE, BUZZ iPhone turns off and wont turn on. anyway my iPhone is in DFU now and I'm going to try to restore, just a warning to all my fellow jailbreakers, big brother is watching us.

Ill keep you updated incase my Phone becomes a White Brick. =(

Not to be rude, but do you really think that apple can disable your iPhone by having you walk into the store? I highly doubt that they care about you or your iPhone. Just like they don't care about me or my iPhone.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Why would they even want to disable your phone? I have alwaked into the Apple store plenty of times with all kinds of mods AND used it inside, and nothing has ever happened. is your scenario a coincidence? I THINK SO!!!! LOL :P
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

i juat came back from the apple store getting a new power adapter....no remote shutdown 4me....maybe being inside your pocket something happened
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

didn't anyone tell u to disable the apple kill switch with bossprefs b4 going into applestore? sheeeshhh n000b.............

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrsidewayzz's Avatar
    Thanks

damn i live in the apple store and my 2G is on t-mobile. lmao. that sucks. hopefully you get it working correctly.
    mrsidewayzz
    iPhone 2G 16GB, iPod Classic 120GB
    MacBook 13.3" 2.0ghz 250GB 2GB
    YNSA, USN

@Alperovich: yes i did that, but i later on removed it. oh how nice of you to call me a noob... ive been in the jailbreak scene since the first iPod came out.

Anyway, i put it into DFU and restored, it worked, but the restore took much longer than usual... anyway good news is that it did work.

Oh and btw, i wasnt the only person with a jailbroken phone in the store, and his phone did the same thing. so Coincidence? i think NOT.

--edit--

Next time you go to an apple store, just in case i would put your Phone in airplane mode... atleast i am.
    Last edited by prism2unit; 10-19-2008 at 05:27 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I think this is crap, but that's just my opinion. The apple kill switch is to disable apps, not the device.

I was in the apple store for about an hour today.... nothing....
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 10-19-2008 at 06:09 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

blue font, italics, u guys really that hot headed that u can't even see all the hints of sarcasm. lol, u guys are too serious sometimes.

Thanks

This is what years of paranoia have done to the American public.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

I walked into the Apple store the other day with a jailbroken iPhone in my pocket, and the guy next to me that walked in wet his pants! Whew! Lucky for me Apple targeted the wrong guy - they must have thought HE had the jailbroken iPhone, and so I got away scot-free! I don't know how they did it... but I KNOW they made him do it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

HAHAHAHA, I have been in the Apple store many a times with both my jailbroken 3g and jailbroken/unlocked 2g....even showing them to the employees!

Luckily I installed "AppleWall...Apple remote disable blocker"...HAHAHAHA. LOL.

I just purchased microsoft apple defender and that works or me

Ok, everyone just calm down. I have a bunch of tinfoil hats if you need them. After reading this, I just put mine on. 0_o

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    I just purchased microsoft apple defender and that works or me
    For now, since its Microsoft it will soon be bugged out, virus infected and shutting down from pop-ups and ads

HAHAHAHA.

that why I just had to close 3 windows of ads ! Damn you gates!

Thanks

I'm in the Apple store right now... nothing happened. I guess i just proved you wro--

aaahhh!! i just wet my pants!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

EHhhhh not that I support nutjob conspiracy theories, but.....

It wouldn't be completely impossible for Apple to do this if they really wanted to. They already know the password on your phone is likely Alpine, they know your phone will remotely connect to WIFI if the network is open and accepts it with a simple command to make the phone do so, ..............it is actually possible to setup a network that would allow access to trigger a reaction from your phone knowing most people don't change their root password.

,............. but yeah that totally didn't happen
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    EHhhhh not that I support nutjob conspiracy theories, but.....

It wouldn't be completely impossible for Apple to do this if they really wanted to. They already know the password on your phone is likely Alpine, they know your phone will remotely connect to WIFI if the network is open and accepts it with a simple command to make the phone do so, ..............it is actually possible to setup a network that would allow access to trigger a reaction from your phone knowing most people don't change their root password.

,............. but yeah that totally didn't happen
    Yeah, impossible....not in the least.

Likely.....not at all.

I have had more than one Apple employee tell me that jailbreaking the phone will AUTOMATICALLY cause it to shut-off and brick......hmmmm, still waiting for that to happen.

but if you buy the phone , that makes it your phone and whatever you choose to do with it is your business... Ain't it so?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast