+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMi Geek Squad

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
a forum dedicated to helping people out on anything tech related on MMi this will clean up most of the jailbreak forums and any other forum with people in there
    Thanks

Default MMi Geek Squad

a forum dedicated to helping people out on anything tech related on MMi

this will clean up most of the jailbreak forums and any other forum with people in there that would help out despereate starters (dont like to use noob lol) not that the mods here arent doing there work, they do a great job, but with watching the boards and helping people it may become overwhelming , or

maybe a genius bar if you want to keep it apple
    lol
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Now that we have expanded the forum to pretty much all things mac it broadens the range of topics. Chit chat can be used for off topic tech discussion as I don't know if there's a huge need for an entire new forum category related to "tangent" discussions.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're trying to tackle tech issues like audio/visual... gaming discussion... tech installation... car audio... tech hardware... etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I like both logos alot :P
    Dunno how happy Best Buy and/or Apple will be with them, or if they can/will say anything about them
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Now that we have expanded the forum to pretty much all things mac it broadens the range of topics. Chit chat can be used for off topic tech discussion as I don't know if there's a huge need for an entire new forum category related to "tangent" discussions.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're trying to tackle tech issues like audio/visual... gaming discussion... tech installation... car audio... tech hardware... etc.
    correct! anything else like setting up pc, hardware anything lol
    but i see what you mean , it is very organized

Thanks

T those who want to be a part of the team they should add a gtalk, MSN, AIM, ICQ etc. to their profile or something so that they can do "live help" for people asking questions, maybe even put your "specialties" in the sig. so that people know who to hit up with support
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    T those who want to be a part of the team they should add a gtalk, MSN, AIM, ICQ etc. to their profile or something so that they can do "live help" for people asking questions, maybe even put your "specialties" in the sig. so that people know who to hit up with support
    thats what i was aiming for!

Thanks

Hopefully some devs alongside Poseidon put in their two cents!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I think we've had enough crap from apple already without ganking the logo.... thanks though.

Besides the whole Genius thing is so arrogantly prickish. Especially when they are hiring in people to fill their stores for $7 an hour....... a genius would have found a higher paying job.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

A Retired Mod (10-16-2008), Kyle Matthews (10-16-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I think we've had enough crap from apple already without ganking the logo.... thanks though.

Besides the whole Genius thing is so arrogantly prickish. Especially when they are hiring in people to fill their stores for $7 an hour....... a genius would have found a higher paying job.
    Touche!

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with one1. I think them logos looks great. BUT would not mess around with them personally.
    I'll check with pf and cash.

Thanks

Wait... So will there be a team of people? I'd like to be on the team if so
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

if there is a team im with chase i wanna be on the team too

Thanks

what's the point? You'd still be doing the exact thing you're doing right now, except you'd have a fancy title. Also, the tier system which is already in place is bad enough; people with solid knowledge generally get ignored if they don't have the post count to back it up. Honestly, kill this idea.

Thanks

We should make sigs with a universal logo (which has no copyright on it ) and list our specialties on them.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 461am View Post
    what's the point? You'd still be doing the exact thing you're doing right now, except you'd have a fancy title. Also, the tier system which is already in place is bad enough; people with solid knowledge generally get ignored if they don't have the post count to back it up. Honestly, kill this idea.
    I think the point would be, as I said in posts above, to have a team with IM ibformation out so we wouldnt have to help people through PMs and forums... much easier to just have someone PMing you. I see no reason to kill this idea... if you don't like it just don't be a part of it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

i was just thinking wouldnt this like kill the point of mmi. this site started off as a place to help jailbreakers. so wouldnt this like kill 5 fourms and we would lose some members because instead of posting up a threat they would contact one of us.....
    Last edited by lillewis51; 10-16-2008 at 10:20 AM.

Thanks

well here's my whole perspective,
    I been here a couple of times and see people post questions that sometimes don't get answered.
    I think it's cuz if:
    1. No one knows the answer
    2. Person isn't explaining themselves poperly
    3. The right person isn't online
    4. He is just being ignored

So if not a team how bout if a solution is found to a problem, make either a whole new board with different sections (jailbreak problems/keyboard/sound)of already solved questions. Reason for this is, yes we have these sections (jailbreak/apps/etc) but when a user has a problem, he posts and gets slammed with the: you didn't search remark. But to be honest , this world is lazy... That's why we have phones with touch screens and escalators and remotes and the clapper. So... A section with locked already solved problems (faqs) so that a user can check that section instead of trying to dig in the thread grave for a half solution, or to post a question that might not get responded and result to titles like "HELP,I bricked my phone" or "cant get off the apple spinning wheel vibrating twice screen" maybe this will help clean up allitle.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Those two logos: NO GO guys. Sorry. Dont want another law suit. Thankyou.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

THIS FORUM is the team. That's like saying let's put a help department in the help department.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

not saying a help departent in the help department , but instead make the help department user friendly. That's all, just an idea, I mean this site is already a great resource but hear me out. Apple and other sites might have a help forum, but they also have a dedicated knowledge base where frequently asked questions and problems are posted foe easy access then the knowledge base suggest "if you can't find an answer, try the forums" well, we could use that knowledge base

the logos were just mocks of the approach I was looking for , not really the actual but using there respected image as an example of my idea

the logos were just mocks of the approach I was looking for , not really the actual but using there respected image as an example of my idea
    Last edited by z3r01; 10-16-2008 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost