+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any High School Students?

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
I'm in my online American History college course. Are there any other people here that are still young and in school? I'm a senior so I'll have to be responsible
    Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Any High School Students?
    I'm in my online American History college course. Are there any other people here that are still young and in school? I'm a senior so I'll have to be responsible next year...eventually... maybe...
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Thanks

You might get a lower response if you ask who isn't in school.

Thanks

Really? I expected most of the people here to be in college already....

Thanks

I think the greatest dynamic in here is teens and early twenties.

Thanks

I'm Grad Student. 22. ::sigh::

Reako

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I've been out like 14 years, but after a careful assessment of myself I don't seem to have changed much.

The era I came from was the coolest so everyone still wants to be in that era. All the good 90's music like the beastie boys releases that are still played ten times a day and all the cool toys. Technology has gotten a little better, but we still had it in the 90's like cd's dvd's, etc......

So my music hasn't changed, my technology is still the same, though better. The clothing was turning to grunge in the 90's with the Nirvana movement so most anything you could find then is still on the rack today whether it was grunge or not. Since I'm a class of 95, the 95+ cars are still quite desired, especially 97's since that was a re-release year for upgrades on the new OBDII technology from 95. The cars I was driving then are still a decent choice for today since there were a few really good things produced in the mid to late 90's.

I might have just been a part of that one special era where everything changed midway and will pretty much be standard for the future so where my parents grew up in a world without DVD's and CD's, or OBDII technology in their cars, I really don't have to adjust my life much at all to remain current since it all happened while I was young.

So I figure I still listen to the same music, wear the same clothes, and see the same cars passing by........... nothing has really changed for me in the last 14 yrs. I feel a little older, but I only gain knowledge as I go...... I don't change.

Plus, I recently did a Poll on MR since I got carded for smokes and they thought I was in my early 20's

Off by a decade

Last edited by one1; 10-15-2008 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

im a senior at naugy high.

Thanks

one1, I had you pinned for about 28 by how you respond on here and the threads you make. I did the "blazin fast jailbroken phone" one today. I'm enjoying it.

Anyway I'm a meager 18 years old... I could use the excuse that I'm handicapped by the crap technology my school uses and teaches my fellow classmates about. No, I take that back, that my school *tries* to teach us. What I know about my iPhone and computers, I've learned from here and just googling around. There are "how-to's" for nearly everything on the internet.
    Last edited by SharpieBandit; 10-15-2008 at 03:49 PM. Reason: clarification

Thanks

I'm a parent to 2 high school students and one college student, but I have an attitude like I'm in my 20's

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I'm a parent to 2 high school students and one college student, but I have an attitude like I'm in my 20's
    That's gotta be awesome for your kids. "Hey Dad (or Mom), my iPhone is acting up how do you fix it?" Lol I'm lazy and don't like looking for all my answers. MUCH easier to just ask someone.
    Last edited by SharpieBandit; 10-15-2008 at 05:36 PM. Reason: wasn't sure of his/her gender

Thanks

11th Grade, AP Physics, AP Chemistry, AP Astronomy, AP Calculous, AP American Literature, French I.

This is why my time is limited on this site

Thanks

^ Yeah but it'll all be worth it in the end. I was you in HS. I got a 5 on AP Chem test, a 5 on AP calc test, 4 on AP physics. 1440 on SAT's. I graduated with my undergrad from University of Pennsylvania and will have my masters from there. Having a tough HS schedule will certainly pay off. I'm working now, making a substantial amount of money, having my Grad school paid for, and I get to drive my Sedan Dream Car. AND, I'm only 22. You'll enjoy life when it settles down later. I garuntee it.

Reako

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

We need more middle of the road people. Not completely dumbazz taco bell employees, and not white collar desk job prisses. We need the middle of the road between the two that are smart enough to assemble a car or TV, above working a food joint job, and don't have the desire to sit behind a desk and try to be a big shot.

Everyone wants a cushy job where they don't get their hands dirty. People seem to think they are above doing manual labor. I got news for you sunshine....... 60% of the people who go through college and get a degree end up doing something completely different in life. Several blue collar jobs start at $50K AND GO UP TO $100K. Car detailers, electricians, truck drivers, and many more middle of the road jobs pop out a nice $75k or better a year check and don't sit behind a desk 5 days of the week sun up to sun down slaving away in a cubicle. They have a life and enjoy it.

Screw an education, get a trade. As more people try to chase the priss desk job dream, persons with special skills will get less and less and you'll be in more demand and get paid for your specialty tradework.

Next time the stock market crashes, you won't get canned and sent home from your desk permanently.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    We need more middle of the road people. Not completely dumbazz taco bell employees, and not white collar desk job prisses. We need the middle of the road between the two that are smart enough to assemble a car or TV, above working a food joint job, and don't have the desire to sit behind a desk and try to be a big shot.

Everyone wants a cushy job where they don't get their hands dirty. People seem to think they are above doing manual labor. I got news for you sunshine....... 60% of the people who go through college and get a degree end up doing something completely different in life. Several blue collar jobs start at $50K AND GO UP TO $100K. Car detailers, electricians, truck drivers, and many more middle of the road jobs pop out a nice $75k or better a year check and don't sit behind a desk 5 days of the week sun up to sun down slaving away in a cubicle. They have a life and enjoy it.

Screw an education, get a trade. As more people try to chase the priss desk job dream, persons with special skills will get less and less and you'll be in more demand and get paid for your specialty tradework.

Next time the stock market crashes, you won't get canned and sent home from your desk permanently.
    I agree.....I have put my time in the field. At work Im suppose to spend 60% of my time in the office, but I told the big wig's that I would be better off staying in the field and they concurred. I am happy now!! Being where I belong on hourly wage not salary.

O.T. **** I make more than my boss dose.
    Last edited by A Retired Mod; 10-15-2008 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks

kudos to you on that schedule and Reako onyour achievements. My son got a 5 onthe chen AP test and a 4 on Physics mechanics last year as well as a 4 on biology as a 9th grader. He wants to go to Villanova since his dad went there and it's only 15 min away. He just had an interview with a ChE faculty member this afternoon. He was going to apply to U Penn but he's not as strong in English or theverbal SAT scores. Penn generally wants well rounded students. Not that he's illiterate but his extremely high math and science grades and scores coexist with somewhat average reading and writing scores. Besides, he doesn't want to go into the city. He's also considering Lehigh and Va Tech. If he had better verbal scores he could probably write his ticket anywhere.

I supposemykids have had abadvantage in that I've beenable to keep the tech gadgets working, but as they got older I taught them the value of Google. My oldest and youngest along with my husband are also iPhone users. Middle don had a nodded mito v3xx he's happy with. My oldest has a 3 g and only has it jailbroken for themes so he's not really into hacking. He's still running 2.02 and it works well. He never had any if the signal issues I had with mine on that firmware. My husband has my old 2g still on 1.1.4. All he uses is the phone! I keep telling him to ditch his palm pilot and blackberry but he's a creature of habit. He wanted the iPhone done could text our oldest who is away at school. I have it themed for him my 14 year old whogss his brothers old 2g running 2.1 and jailbroken themed and a ton of apps. I initially did his kids but he has been learning and fooling with it in his own. He's my modding protege. It's interesting to see which apps he likes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aaauustiinnn's Avatar
    Thanks

junior in highschool

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

11th grade :/ deff not my favorite....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    kudos to you on that schedule and Reako onyour achievements. My son got a 5 onthe chen AP test and a 4 on Physics mechanics last year as well as a 4 on biology as a 9th grader. He wants to go to Villanova since his dad went there and it's only 15 min away. He just had an interview with a ChE faculty member this afternoon. He was going to apply to U Penn but he's not as strong in English or theverbal SAT scores. Penn generally wants well rounded students. Not that he's illiterate but his extremely high math and science grades and scores coexist with somewhat average reading and writing scores. Besides, he doesn't want to go into the city. He's also considering Lehigh and Va Tech. If he had better verbal scores he could probably write his ticket anywhere. .
    If I were you, I would suggestively urge him to at least apply to Penn. I'm originally from Southern NJ, where our schools weren't considered very "prestine." I did my best in school, and did very well on most standardized tests. BUT, just an FYI to you and your son, my SAT scores were a variable nightmare. Math = perfect 800, Verbal = 640. You can see the numerical difference is very noticeable. I am a Math and Science wiz, with a minor education in English/Verbal majors. I try my best, but I just don't easily succeed in them. I went to Va Tech my first year of school for Architecture, until my parents pleaded that I come back closer to home, where I shot for the sky applying to Penn, and to my astonishment, was accepted with an academic scholarship and a small athletic scholarship (Played Tennis). So when he is searching for the right school, it is not overlooked to shoot for the skies when applying to schools, but just make sure he has a few safe schools picked out to fall back on.

-And to one - I understand the urge for a Middle-Man job considering every trade in reality is needed to a certain extent. I may be an Architect, but how would my designs ever reach a reality effect without construction workers, carpenters, and even the delivery drivers to provide the materials. EVERY trade is needed, and should not be shunned. Some people enjoy sitting behind a cozy deskjob, but I worked my *** off at an Ivy-league school to get where I am at. It was also something I enjoyedand still enjoy doing. Others may not be school enthusiasts, so in effort to succeed they fall to a trade and do something they enjoy. All-in-all, the final motto is to not settle for anything, but to strive to do what you ENJOY. I did several trades throughout HS and college to pay for life, not to mention my own cars I build for track day, so I understand the work on all parts. Whether it be that desk job that I currently have, (Even though it certainly isn't as easy as people perceive), or the jobs that require more manual labor, people will do what makes their life seem substantial. None of it is easier than the other, but it's solely based on what you feel your life is for.

Reako
    Last edited by Reako; 10-16-2008 at 10:39 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been out of high school for 38 years -- does that count?

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

im 15.........
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs