+ Reply
Page 720 of 3415 FirstFirst ... 220 620 670 710718719720721722 730 770 820 1220 1720 ... LastLast
Results 14,381 to 14,400 of 68285

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The randomly off topic thread

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Maybe I don't need an iPhone. Let's face it as a phone the iPhone sucks. We've said that from the start. Piss poor volume, can't even be heard on speaker
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Maybe I don't need an iPhone. Let's face it as a phone the iPhone sucks. We've said that from the start. Piss poor volume, can't even be heard on speaker phone. Same little speaker doesn't do well for music either. ATT doesn't cover 3G well so service is MEH.........

Now that Apple has expanded to the iPad it makes much more sense to have a phone I WANT that does things well as a phone, then use the iPad for traveling internet, games, apps, etc. The only reason we ever liked the iPhone is cause it does all that on the go, but makes us compromise on a phone. With the iPad out now, I see no reason not to get an iPad and chunk the iPhone for a REAL PHONE that works well.

That's why I skipped the i4 and another contract this time around. I believe the 99 cent phones they give away with service "talk" better with better speaker phone than the iPhone does. It's been said from the beginning too. It's no secret the iPhone sucks as a PHONE. No ergonomics, no speaker phone worth a daum, does not hold up to the environment a cell phone is usually in. (hence a million broken phones on ebay).

I'm going to get the iPad for Xmas from my mother so starting today, I look for the perfect "phone" that does nothing but be a Phone as well as possible. No fritterly little thin flip phone with a cute 3 inch screen. I want a PHONE.

Suggestions will be googled. Throw a few out.
    Last edited by one1; 12-14-2010 at 10:41 AM.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

I just saved my iPhone from death.!!! Im not using a Case on my iPhone 4 and it slip out my hand and I kicked it back up with my foot and caught it..I had to think fast and it saved me..Woooop

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Maybe I don't need an iPhone. Let's face it as a phone the iPhone sucks. We've said that from the start. Piss poor volume, can't even be heard on speaker phone. Same little speaker doesn't do well for music either. ATT doesn't cover 3G well so service is MEH.........

Now that Apple has expanded to the iPad it makes much more sense to have a phone I WANT that does things well as a phone, then use the iPad for traveling internet, games, apps, etc. The only reason we ever liked the iPhone is cause it does all that on the go, but makes us compromise on a phone. With the iPad out now, I see no reason not to get an iPad and chunk the iPhone for a REAL PHONE that works well.

That's why I skipped the i4 and another contract this time around. I believe the 99 cent phones they give away with service "talk" better with better speaker phone than the iPhone does. It's been said from the beginning too. It's no secret the iPhone sucks as a PHONE. No ergonomics, no speaker phone worth a daum, does not hold up to the environment a cell phone is usually in. (hence a million broken phones on ebay).

I'm going to get the iPad for Xmas from my mother so starting today, I look for the perfect "phone" that does nothing but be a Phone as well as possible. No fritterly little thin flip phone with a cute 3 inch screen. I want a PHONE.

Everyone phone out there will suck in one way or another......

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post
    I just saved my iPhone from death.!!! Im not using a Case on my iPhone 4 and it slip out my hand and I kicked it back up with my foot and caught it..I had to think fast and it saved me..Woooop
    You sound like a ninja.

Thanks

^^ haha fruit ninja I am..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Everyone phone out there will suck in one way or another......
    I have the phone I was using before the iPhone came out. A flip phone with rubber surround, made for high impact construction work and a speaker phone louder than HELL. Good ergonomics. It works on Sprint network, not ATT

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

If you looking for a good solid phone the rugby is a good Att phone. If you want something strong and using just for a phone. If you are going to be texting alot there are a few better options.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

I don't text my 200 text per month, barely 80 if that.

I don't use my 450 minutes per month, I have 2,580 rollover minutes.

I need a PHONE.

Thanks

Like i said rugby is a nice little phone then

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

It's identical to the phone I had before the iPhone came out, which was samsung as well just 4 years earlier model and on sprint. Loud speaker, can be beaten on and take a hit.... It's a candidate.

Thanks

Also like the samsung solstice is another pretty good basic phone. It is touch screen tho

Thanks

I don't text my 200 text per month, barely 80 if that.

I don't use my 450 minutes per month, I have 2,580 rollover minutes.

I need a PHONE.

I have 500 texts and i'm right up against it. I have 6GB, but i barely use 1, but then next plan down is 500MB
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks
    Thanked 15,120 Times in 6,945 Posts

You should have taken some pics to share!
    I will when I go again, just had a quick stop in there today.

Thanks

well here is my data usage
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post

Thanks

This is a bit, well, on topic, but can anyone explain why my ipod's battery drains ridiculously fast? On a 2g, 4.0 jailbroken with wallpaper/multitasking enabled. I used the first method that used the final beta to jailbreak the release

Thanks

Came home early from the ranch

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the phone I was using before the iPhone came out. A flip phone with rubber surround, made for high impact construction work and a speaker phone louder than HELL. Good ergonomics. It works on Sprint network, not ATT
    Oh bummer! However Sprint has good prices..

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Came home early from the ranch
    Why SB?

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    This is a bit, well, on topic, but can anyone explain why my ipod's battery drains ridiculously fast? On a 2g, 4.0 jailbroken with wallpaper/multitasking enabled. I used the first method that used the final beta to jailbreak the release
    Might be going bad?
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 12-14-2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

No...thats...impossible...NOOOOO

Thanks

Oh bummer! However Sprint has good prices..

Why SB?

I have a dozen projects going on here and I needed to make sure some progress was being made. I am hoping to head back Thursday afternoon. Good thing its only 1:45 from driveway to ranch gate.