Page 3617 of 3620 FirstFirst ... 2617 3117 3517 3567 360736153616361736183619 ... LastLast
Results 72,321 to 72,340 of 72382

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The randomly off topic thread

Thanks
    Thanked 12,468 Times in 7,559 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenleigh View Post
    This is the world we live in, with every child getting a trophy for participation, no one is learning how to deal with disappointment, rejection or loosing. This is a very important skill that our children are missing, how to loose gracefully (and how to win gracefully) This is ridiculous, all the protests, they are not going to do a darn thing, and, IMO, they look like a bunch of kids throwing a temper tantrum because they didn't win something.
    Well said. I so agree.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

NewD (11-11-2016), Ravenleigh (11-10-2016)

They're probably protesting because of the character and rhetoric displayed by the president elect.

I heart blkcadi.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    They're probably protesting because of the character and rhetoric displayed by the president elect.

I heart blkcadi.
    Just putting this out there https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...34630820507648

Thanks
    Thanked 16,169 Times in 7,553 Posts

Default The randomly off topic thread

Yes. He is no "character Giant" by any stretch. I sorta get that. And the vast majority of the protests have been peaceful so far. But Ravenleigh's point is still so true.

Sec'y Clinton said it best:
    "We owe the President Elect an open mind and the chance to lead."

I believe the weight of the responsibility of the American Presidency will humble him and make him reassess his "public personae" - to a degree.

But even if he doesn't - what we mainly need from our President is to keep us safe and make us all prosperous again - something the Left and the Establishment on both sides have utterly failed at doing for "16" years. I'm ready for a BIG change.

Most Americans (if you take out the illegals who voted) wanted big change and knew HRC wasn't the answer. But they stayed silent to pollsters and their friends and didn't put up signs for fear of retribution. The people have spoken - clearly. It's time to deal with it. Our champion is an imperfect one to say the least.

Bottom line. The bought & sold insider Clintons and Bushes - and their type - are done. Put a fork in 'em.. We're never going back there again.
    Last edited by NewD; 11-11-2016 at 05:00 AM.

Thanks

And to Chevy's point, let me also add... "Mr. President Elect, get out in front of this situation and express contrition and that you understand how minorities could feel scared from your rhetoric and offer them hope that you will protect ALL Americans of every race and creed and that you understand how you could have caused this fear with your words through the last 18 months."

He has for sure incited this fear. These protests aren't 'all about' being sore losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Yes. He should stop tweeting. He still says so many foolish things. And it will take time for 'Campaigner Trump' to start acting like 'President Elect Trump'. Let's hope he does. He DID sound very presidential yesterday with President Obama and the Congress and the things he said on camera. And his acceptance speech was very presidential too I thought.
    Last edited by NewD; 11-11-2016 at 05:14 AM.

A main concern I have is that he is surrounded by a republican congress. A congress that are career politicians. All I can think is they're going to get rid of Medicare and privatize social security and gut the affordable care act. Hopefully no one has any pre existing conditions...Not to mention for the women your reproductive rights are now going to be determined by folks that think you shouldn't have a choice. Will their decisions be for the better? ...Hell, reports say his people are talking with the Russian government all this time. He sold you hate, bigotry and vague policies with a catchy slogan and you bought it at a premium...

I heart blkcadi.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (11-11-2016), MamaJaay (11-16-2016)

Thanks

A main concern I have is that he is surrounded by a republican congress. A congress that are career politicians.
    Many yes - not all and they'll want him to be successful.
    All I can think is they're going to get rid of Medicare and privatize social security
    Remember Trump isn't really a classic conservative Repub. He's a Populist Businessman unlike any other president in American history. He wants what's best for "the people". All the people (supposedly - time will tell). He said in the campaign that his lower corporate tax policies will bring massive business back to America which will sure up and pay for SocSec long term. Privatizing it is a conservative Repub notion. Not Trump's.
    and gut the affordable care act.
    Candidly, most of it needs to be gutted. Abject failure as a policy. Not even the people on it really like it from what I read. Total failure in pretty much every way except allowing PreExCond. That has to stay.
    Hopefully no one has any pre existing conditions...
    Trump has made clear that what he replaces the ACA with will NOT exclude folks with PreExCond. During this time people need to try and get their facts straight so they don't add unneeded worry based on bad facts. Trump has NO plan to take out that provision. No Republican in Congress did either.
    Not to mention for the women your reproductive rights are now going to be determined by folks that think you shouldn't have a choice. Will their decisions be for the better?
    Roe v. Wade getting overturned would just push it back to the States. That's all. There would be many neighboring states a woman could go to if she wished to make that decision. But I doubt very much it will be overturned.
    Hell, reports say his people are talking with the Russian government all this time.
    Putin will finally have someone in the Oval Office he respects AND fears. And that's a very good thing for the would-be dictator, Putin. Trump will keep him in check.
    He sold you hate, bigotry and vague policies with a catchy slogan and you bought it at a premium...
    Time will tell, J. He has a LOT of work to do to change people's view of him; even those who voted for him. But he's President not because he's an alleged racist or hate monger and incited that in half of America. He's President because of the ineffectual policies of a failed President in keeping the world safe from terror, failure to deliver a truly affordable health care and failure to get people back to work and failure to grow the economy more than 1%. He was NOT really the working man's President at all. Pres Obama is a good talker/campaigner, nice professor and good man. But he's also, what I believe history will record as, the 3rd worst President in American history after Buchanan and Carter. That's why pretty much the whole Progressive message (and Repub Establishment message, for that matter) has been booted. I respect Pres.Obama's efforts with gay marriage though I personally don't think it required a redefining of "marriage" to accomplish the main goals. But bigotry and intolerance of all kinds must be eradicated from our country. Obama got some of that right (and some of it wrong). If Trump can't help heal this country's racial and sexual-orientation divide he will ultimately fail in the big picture.

Philosophically - there are 'two countries' in one in the US now. Their ideologies are irreconcilable - in terms of policy - but racially, religiously, ethnically and sexual orientation-wise we must come together. My prayer is we can.
    Last edited by NewD; 11-11-2016 at 08:52 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-13-2016)

So much misinformation from MSM has become "facts". It's really sad.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9 - Widget-Weather 3.0

12. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-13-2016)

Thanks

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-13-2016), NewD (11-11-2016)

Thanks

Media based logic now trumps fear base logic.

Thanks

Great 60 Minutes interview with our President Elect looking
    Forward to future government.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to anig For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-13-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anig View Post
    Media based logic now trumps fear base logic.
    Come on people THINK.
    FOR YOURSELF, give God the Glory.

Thanks

How about jailbreak info for 10.1, anything looking good and soon?

Nothing so far......patiently waiting................................

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (11-14-2016)

Thanks

^ I watched it last night, so cracked me up.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-13-2016), Simon (11-14-2016)

Thanks

But Dave Chappelle's Saturday Night Live monologue was so brilliant and poked a bit at both sides - but his last 2 minutes.. was so amazingly reconciliation tone setting. Coming from an African-American man who has every right to be concerned about some campaign rhetoric of Trump, it was so well-timed. I was very proud of him and it was a real model for how we can potentially go forward together.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (11-14-2016), hemptation (12-13-2016), Simon (11-14-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,601 Times in 8,002 Posts

That SNL was really good too. Love Dave Chappelle. The walking dead skit was pure awesome.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,601 Times in 8,002 Posts

Watching The Grand Tour episode 1. So far, pure awesome.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (11-19-2016)

Page 3617 of 3620 FirstFirst ... 2617 3117 3517 3567 360736153616361736183619 ... LastLast