Page 3616 of 3622 FirstFirst ... 2616 3116 3516 3566 360636143615361636173618 ... LastLast
Results 72,301 to 72,320 of 72432

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The randomly off topic thread

Fox News has already called Trump as the next President Elect

Thanks
    Thanked 16,330 Times in 7,629 Posts

Yup. As Bo said... gonna be a bumpy ride.

Queue KOH...

I heart blkcadi.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,493 Times in 7,571 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 17,610 Times in 8,006 Posts

Well, you guys really did it. Well, let's hope the worst that comes of this is a reality show called The White House lol. Or maybe the Trumps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Well, you guys really did it. Well, let's hope the worst that comes of this is reality show called The White House lol.
    Don't blame this sh1t show on me. We had The absolute worst 2 candidates to choose from. We were voting for 1 of 2 evil people. A no win no matter which way it went.

Side note; I have all my guns loaded and getting ready to build a bunker in my back yard.

Also, the most searched thing on Google was "Moving to Canada". That says a lot.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Boots (11-10-2016)

Thanks

Hillary was very classy this am. And I actually agree with her statement here - 100%.. --> "We owe the President Elect an open mind and the chance to lead.". Given the levels of hate she has for Pres.Elect Trump, that was a damn classy thing to say.. and it also happens to be spot on.

Let's give him a chance. We have ZERO indication that we will do ANYTHING he says he will do.... NOTHING to go on.... Scary.... but also pretty damn exciting if you ask me. If he's able to do even 1/4 of the things he says he can and will do with regard to the economy, we'll ALL be better off in our pocket books for a VERY long time - especially you small business owners, Bo - and like me too. And for you 'working stiffs' - you will likely get raises for the first time in a VERY long time and your taxes will go down. Home ownership will soar. Savings of all kinds will go up. Interest rates will only 'inch' up. Some of you don't remember the Reagan years... but Trump is very much coarser, nowhere near as gentile, type of Ronald Reagan.. and regardless of what you feel about his dealings in Iran/Contra back in the 80's... EVERYONE got richer and better off under him. And even more important we got SAFER.

I for one will be glad for a President who will look Putin and Iran and N Korea and Syria in the eye and say 'back the he!! down'!!.. Don't believe the nonsense you hear about Trump starting WW3. Not gonna happen.. Above all we can count on 1 thing.. Trump is a Narcissist. He loves to LOOK GOOD. It's a very important different between Clinton and him. Trump likes the LOOK and FEEL of being on top.. NOT THE POWER of it!!.. Hilary wanted the POWER no matter HOW she looked wielding it.

Trump will LOVE 'pardoning' Clinton if she's convicted on anything with her emails or the Clinton foundation.. again.. because it will make him look magnanimous and good. You see the difference? It's subtle but very important to understand.. he is in NO WAY a power hungry person.. That's Hilary's MO.. not Trump's. He loves 'being on top', 'winning', 'being thought of as the magnanimous King'. It will make him try some very big things with big payouts for this country. You watch.

Let's try and heed Sec'y Clinton's call to 'be open-minded and give him a chance to lead'.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (11-09-2016), Glawrence33 (11-10-2016), Mary48336 (11-10-2016)

Thanks

Default The randomly off topic thread
    After the campaign he ran, the idea that he does everything to look good is... not what I got out of it? Sure he likes having enthusiastic crowds, but that doesn't mean he tries to be seen favorably as a whole. Anyway saying that being a narcissist is the only thing that will make him act in the people's best interest is just a nicer way of saying we're fu@#ed. Even all his supporters I know are clinging to slim chances in their expectations and desperate hopes to defend their vote. It's such a shame that the Clintons had complete ownership of the only other major party before this all started.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 11-09-2016 at 01:13 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (11-09-2016)

Thanks

I am so relieved to know that he got less votes than the last two losers. The election was more about a rejection of Hillary Clinton than the effectiveness of his campaign.

Thanks

Do you think all those people were rejecting her personally or just because she is a woman?

Thanks

Interesting to see how the younger generation voted. Very telling.

-capture22.png

Thanks

I don't even care anymore, it is what it is.
    Electorals won the vote State by State, yet Hillary won the individual popular vote by well over a million votes.
    What's wrong with that picture????

Thanks

Zok- yes.. these were the two most unpopular candidates in modern history. I held my nose and pulled that lever. But Hilary also got so many less votes than any of her predecessors too. No surprises with that data at all.

Simon - what the data shows is that her being a woman had zero factor in this election. Probably as it should be. But a little surprising. It should have been as thrustful a force as it was for Obama being African-American in '08. But America just didn't want "this particular woman". So it became a non issue in the end.

Bo - sure would have been even more of a mandate if the popular vote had gone to him. This is the seventh time in American history where the popular vote was opposite of the electoral college. 1 million votes is a very tiny amount… But not utterly insignificant. Problem with the popular vote is that it is so skewed by illegals who have drivers licenses which automatically enables them to vote. So easily 1 million or more of those popular votes are from illegals who shouldn't have the right to vote at all. And of course they would all go for Hillary.

Another big problem is that most Americans don't know the difference between a true democracy and a democratic republic. The United States of America is a democratic republic… Which means we choose a president that has a majority of the states get behind him. This is why the electoral college wasn't created. It would serve all of us to just read the wikipedia article on what a republic is. It will help you understand the reason why the popular vote can never be what elects a present. But him not winning the popular vote, even with the illegals aspect factored in, still shows that were a pretty divided country.

Everything he's doing these last few days is looking very presidential. Time will tell as we get into the spring of next year what we've actually elected in him. Here's to hoping it's no whack-ball tyrant. Though Obama certainly had tyrannical tendencies himself with all of his illegal executive orders.

Thanks

Default The randomly off topic thread
    Interesting to see how the younger generation voted. Very telling.
    Very predictable. As Winston Churchill said, "He who is 20 and is not a progressive has no heart. He who is 40 and is not conservative has no brain."

The young of America will always vote for the most progressive candidate. Always have, and always will. No surprises.

What's interesting is that my generation, the baby boomers, and a good majority of the Gen Xers that came after us… Never really grew up. So they're still voting very progressive… Especially on issues like marijuana legalization…

Bo should be happy! In 20% of the country after Nov 8, pot is now legal.
    Last edited by NewD; 11-10-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks

I would like to think that is true too, that people just didn't want to vote for her regardless of her sex. That would be pretty sad if it wasn't the case. Nothing wrong at all with a woman leading a country. We've had a few here over the years.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I don't even care anymore, it is what it is.
    Electorals won the vote State by State, yet Hillary won the individual popular vote by well over a million votes.
    What's wrong with that picture????
    Was 129,448 I think.

Thanks

Was 129,448 I think.
    Yes… Simon is right. In the final counts that came in yesterday the margin was a virtual tie. When we left the election proceedings on Tuesday night there was about a 1 million difference in her favor. But after all final counts have completed now, she only ended up taking the popular vote by a little under 130,000 votes. For all intents and purposes: a tie

Jesus Christ, I hate how many of these protestors are endangering the lives of people, blocking streets and highways.

I'm sorry the worst of the bad won, but dude get over it!!!

Stop disrupting normal law-abiding citizens' lives!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

Mary48336 (11-10-2016), NewD (11-10-2016)

Livin the iPhone Life Mary48336's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,147 Posts

Do you think all those people were rejecting her personally or just because she is a woman?
    For me it had nothing to do about being a women. Its what she has done, not done, lied about and everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 4,040 Times in 1,206 Posts

This is the world we live in, with every child getting a trophy for participation, no one is learning how to deal with disappointment, rejection or loosing. This is a very important skill that our children are missing, how to loose gracefully (and how to win gracefully) This is ridiculous, all the protests, they are not going to do a darn thing, and, IMO, they look like a bunch of kids throwing a temper tantrum because they didn't win something.
    Reckoning - Triptych - Brass Tacks
    White Night and Syren

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravenleigh For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (11-10-2016), NewD (11-11-2016)

Page 3616 of 3622 FirstFirst ... 2616 3116 3516 3566 360636143615361636173618 ... LastLast