Page 3403 of 3472 FirstFirst ... 2403 2903 3303 3353 339334013402340334043405 3413 3453 ... LastLast
Results 68,041 to 68,060 of 69430

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The randomly off topic thread

Thanks
    Thanked 10,199 Times in 6,210 Posts

^Yup, life throws us some curve balls once in a while. If you feel he won't make it long, must be late stages. I feel so bad for him, but especially you as you have been a great friend over the years to me. I know how it feels to lose close friends and family.

70's still rock you old farts...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-10-2014)

Hey guys, I need some help with some suggestions.

I'm trying to create a mockup of a site for my class that will eventually be usable for my professor to use and I want to ask for some of your opinions.

So this site is going to be tailored to you (the user), and the site is a storage for you to store all the images you find on the internet (animated, static, memes, etc.)

Let's say you have dozens, hundreds, or thousands of images on this site that you stored.

What features would you want on this site to allow you to easily search the image or images you want, if you decide to need it in the future?

What other capabilities would you want to have to edit the images?

Any suggestions are helpful.

@blkcadi, orby: I see you post a lot of memes and animated images all the time. I need your input

Thanks!
    Last edited by EVO; 07-11-2014 at 10:30 PM.

^Being able to have multiple searchable tags on them in addition to a custom hierarchy would be a good start.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

EVO (07-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    ^Being able to have multiple searchable tags on them in addition to a custom hierarchy would be a good start.
    For searchable tags, do you mean tag each image with some useful info that will allow easy searchability?

For custom hierarchy, do you mean put each image in a particular category?

Default The randomly off topic thread
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    For searchable tags, do you mean tag each image with some useful info that will allow easy searchability?

For custom hierarchy, do you mean put each image in a particular category?
    I was thinking keywords for tags, and categories and subcategories for hierarchy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

EVO (07-12-2014)

A way to download multiple images at once. Possibly even zip them up!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

10. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

EVO (07-12-2014)

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Second what everyone else has said. Tags and a way to download multiple are a must.

Got my black G3. So sexy.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SharpieBandit For This Useful Post:

EVO (07-12-2014)

Evo - some good ideas but make sure you keep the rights to the site, and what guarantee will users have that their pics will be safe and, more importantly, still available in a few years?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

EVO (07-12-2014)

Thanks

Looks like most was covered, giving me a pain between my ears thinking about it. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpieBandit View Post

Got my black G3. So sexy.
    Shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Evo - some good ideas but make sure you keep the rights to the site, and what guarantee will users have that their pics will be safe and, more importantly, still available in a few years?
    The site won't be "live" as in available for everyone.

It's just going to be set up with dummy domain and tested with a couple of pictures.

My objective is to "think" about what will make it easier for a user to gather pictures and animated gifs, if he wants to say, post it on here in a conversation to convey something.

I had already implemented the suggestions.

Anything else you guys can think of?

Face recognition?
    Similar picture?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Face recognition?
    Similar picture?
    Please elaborate on similar pictures?

Thanks

Hmm.

Drag-and-drop of a string of flat pictures and get a (non-watermarked) GIF with controllable loop settings, frame rates, colorization, etc.

Drag-and-drop conversion of H.264, MPG, SWF, etc. into a GIF with the same feature set.

Easy adding of text strings into particular frames.

Merging two or more animated GIFs while handling transparency intelligently.

Allowing these images to be searched for with both visual characteristics (e.g., find visually similar GIFs, with boolean controls for color, size, frames, frame rate, etc.) as well as some algorithm magic that links disparate images with other relevant information in the zeitgeist (e.g., uploading a GIF of Gallagher smashing a watermelon, and being prompted for or being able to search for "watermelon," "Gallagher," "huge hammers," or "explosions" in the same vein, preferably without human categorization).

You'll have a bandwidth nightmare if you host these images yourself, particularly if you allow (or specialize in) animated .GIFs. Also hosting all these images will require petabytes at scale (if you have a wonderful deduplication algorithm, you might squeak by with terabytes). Database will be fun, and I'd love to see how you'd scale a deduplication merged with rendering specific text or other editing sequences in real-time for a particular user. Oh and copyright/DMCA takedown issues galore.

If you take the hotlinking route, you'll have the copyright issues (somebody gets uppity about public performance, that won't end well), and the bandwidth issues (if someone links a GIF on a small, bandwidth-limited site, your site is the link that's on the front page of Reddit or all over the old folks' Facebook walls, and you bust a bandwidth quota for some poor bastard). Oh, and of course the problem of not controlling your own content (SEO is toast, and the number of 404's you'd encounter and be unable to adjust for automatically means UX isn't so hot).

Meh.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (07-13-2014), EVO (07-13-2014), Zokunei (07-13-2014)

I think Orby has pretty much summed up most things.

Thanks

I have no idea what Orby even said. If you ask me something about cars or bikes, hair products or shoes, I got you covered.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I have no idea what Orby even said. If you ask me something about cars or bikes, hair products or shoes, I got you covered.
    Ok - name the cars https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=photo%2c.jpg

24. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (07-13-2014)

Thanks

lol, I was just checking out all the vehicles and bikes pics you sent me in email, was actually thinking the same thing.
    Although I appreciate the vehicles, there were only a couple I could actually say I knew what it was, and most of them were the bikes.
    So I revise my statement, I know American made vehicles, shoes and hair products.

Smart azzzzz..... lol

The pic of the chains was about 2 inches below Julian's arse, his was the fastest, but it was a Frazier-Nash.

You missed the Napier-Railron, the Bluebird Sunbeam 350hp , and, what I thought was Babs, the Leyland Thomas Special?

Thanks

Too bad that you can't tag the photos on one drive (I know it is possible). Would be a lot of work, but end result would be awesome.

Last edited by blkcadi; 07-13-2014 at 04:46 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

mike42 (07-13-2014)

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-13-2014)

Page 3403 of 3472 FirstFirst ... 2403 2903 3303 3353 339334013402340334043405 3413 3453 ... LastLast